The End

Wanting You Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun opened his eyes slowly. All he saw was a white ceiling. The place smelt like medicines, and there were sounds of people talking from a far. He turned his head carefully and saw someone lying on a separate bed next to him. He could see the stranger was sleeping peacefully and Woohyun finally got the idea; he was in a hospital. 

Suddenly, the door creaked opened and he saw Howon walking inside. His cousin was not in a good mood, obviously. A frown was planted on his face and Woohyun guessed it was because his own state. “Hey,” Woohyun spoke hoarsely. “You’re here?” Howon let out a sigh and sat on the empty chair next to Woohyun’s bed. 

“I booked you a ticket to go to Seoul and you’re now here, beaten up in Mokpo,” Howon rubbed his temples, a worried face seen on him. “I called your office and I told them you got an accident in Mokpo, so they gave you time to rest.” Woohyun smiled at that. He knew he could count on his favorite cousin.

“Thanks,” he said truly. “You know, I didn’t mean to be like this. It’s just some crazy guy-”

Before Woohyun could continue, Howon cut him off. “I know what happened. Sunggyu’s friend, Dongwoo, told me.” Woohyun blinked and nodded nevertheless. So they had met, he thought. Although he didn’t know how could those two possibly meet, Woohyun didn’t ask further since he was in no mood to talk. His body was sore literally everywhere and he felt like even moving a bit could send him a lot of pain. 

Howon continued with his nagging. He complained about how Woohyun could be so careless, how he didn’t inform Howon first that he was going after Sunggyu to Mokpo. He said he was disappointed and went all drama to the point when he said ‘I thought I was your favorite cousin!’ and Woohyun just hummed. After which felt like hours, Howon decided to go and give Woohyun some rest. The guy also said that someone wanted to meet Woohyun. 

After Howon left, the door was opened again and now it was Sunggyu. 

He looked timid and scared, but overall, worried. Woohyun could see the burdened feeling on Sunggyu’s eyes and he knew Sunggyu was probably blaming himself of what had just happened to Woohyun. The older took a seat on the chair Howon sat earlier, but didn’t speak a word for another 5 minutes. Woohyun didn’t know what to say either. Should he ask about when Sunggyu mouthed an ‘i love you’ before? Should he ask about Myungsoo? Or should he just pretend that the guy Sunggyu had been meeting didn’t beat him up?

Only after awhile, Sunggyu decided to talk. 

“How are you feeling?” He asked carefully. Woohyun let out a soft chuckle. “I’m sorry.. I’m sorry you have to hurt like this, Woohyun..” Sunggyu mumbled quietly. He was now looking down and Woohyun could feel that guilt was eating Sunggyu up. “I know Myungsoo can be.. violent at times, but I didn’t know he-” Sunggyu choked a bit between his little sobs. “I don’t like seeing you like this. It hurts me..” Now the older was looking at Woohyun, and so did Woohyun. They were both staring at each other’s eyes for awhile before Woohyun lifted his hand and reached for Sunggyu’s cheek. 

“It’s not your fault,” Woohyun smiled. He missed this. He missed caressing Sunggyu’s cheek like this, comforting him, making him calm. Sunggyu didn’t push Woohyun’s hand away. He sobbed even harder instead. He held Woohyun’s hand who was still palming his cheek, tightly, and cried in front of Woohyun. 

Earlier, Sunggyu had shown Woohyun a strong facade, but Woohyun succeeded in breaking through those masks Sunggyu had put to show him that he was fine without Woohyun, that he didn’t need Woohyun anymore, when in fact, both of them were yearning for each other. 

“Is.. Is Myungsoo your boyfriend?” Woohyun carefully asked. Sunggyu opened his squeezed eyes and shook his head, looking at Woohyun. 

“No.. It’s a bit complicated I guess,” the older chuckled softly. “He had said he liked me, a lot, but I just can’t open my heart to him.” Sunggyu smiled weakly, remembering those times, 3 years ago. 

 


“Hyung!” Dongwoo waved to him from a far. They were meeting up in a cafe and Sunggyu could see Dongwoo was bringing a friend. A good looking and young one. “Sorry, did you wait long?”

Sunggyu shook his head, smiling. “No, I just got here,” he said before glancing to Dongwoo’s friend. “Uh, and this is..?”

“Ah!” Dongwoo grinned sheepishly, forgetting to introduce the guy he brought. “This is my friend, Myungsoo. Myungsoo, meet my friend, Sunggyu hyung!” Myungsoo gave out his hand for Sunggyu to take, which the older took kindly and they shook hands, introducing each other. 

Sunggyu found out that Myungsoo was quiet, but also interesting. He had a lot of things in common with Sunggyu, and he seemed clever. For example, Myungsoo liked rock music just like Sunggyu. He preferred Latte rather than Americano. He preferred cats rather than dogs. They actually talked a lot for someone who met in their first encounter. Although Sunggyu and Dongwoo were the most talkative ones, Myungsoo spoke so well. He kept the conversation going. 

They both were friends after that. Myungsoo liked to invite Sunggyu for a cup of coffee sometimes and Sunggyu agreed since the other was a nice companion. Sunggyu found out that Myungsoo was a young entrepreneur who had a quite successful business. Myungsoo liked to invite Dongwoo either, but there were times when Myungsoo would prefer going with Sunggyu only. When Sunggyu asked why, he just shrugged, saying that he wanted to be closer with Sunggyu. The older chuckled at the cuteness. He had thought Myungsoo as a little brother of him. 

Three months after their first encounter, Sunggyu called Myungsoo up for a drink. Dongwoo wasn’t picking up and he had no one to call beside Myungsoo and Dongwoo. So the older invited Myungsoo for a drink on his favorite beef place. Myungsoo arrived not long after he called, and Sunggyu somehow felt relieved that the younger actually came that fast. It was a rough night, because Sunggyu was feeling insecure once again and Woohyun wasn’t helping. His boyfriend simply didn’t have any time for him, like usual. A half drunk Sunggyu told Myungsoo everything -- about how he felt like his boyfriend didn’t appreciate him enough, how he felt like leaving but it was hard when he loved Woohyun so much. Myungsoo knew everything already though, he had seen Sunggyu complain about how Woohyun was really late, how Woohyun didn’t pick up his phone for days. He had seen how badly Woohyun treated Sunggyu, and how badly Sunggyu came back to Woohyun every single time. 

So Myungsoo decided to ask Sunggyu an offer. 

“Hyung,” he spoke up. “Come with me. Let’s move out together.” Myungsoo suddenly said. Sunggyu stared at him, although he was pretty drunk, he knew what the younger was saying. 

“What?” Sunggyu chuckled. “Did you drink, Myungsoo? Because you sounded drunk.” He wanted to take another shot but Myungsoo’s hand stopped him. When Sunggyu saw the younger, he looked really serious. 

“I’m completely sober,” he said again. “You told me that Woohyun doesn’t appreciate you. So come with me. I’m going abroad in a near time, and I don’t want to leave you with him here. He’s.. he’s a bad guy, hyung.”

Sunggyu glared at Myungsoo. “He’s not a bad guy. He just.. he just doesn’t appreciate me the way I do. He’s tired because of his work currently. He’s not-” before Sunggyu could continue, Myungsoo pulled the older up. He dragged Sunggyu to his car and drove to a nearby club. Sunggyu had asked Myungsoo why they were here but Myungsoo didn’t answer. The younger forced Sunggyu to come inside the club with him, and although Sunggyu resisted, Myungsoo was stronger. The loud music made Sunggyu’s head pound. He had never liked places like this, unlike Woohyun who used to party often before he met Sunggyu. Myungsoo was dragging him until they stopped in the middle of the way, and Myungsoo pointed to a direction. Sunggyu was confused at first, but he looked at what Myungsoo was pointing. 

And he was there. Woohyun was there, with another girl, kissing her. 

Sunggyu tried to rub his eyes a few times, making sure it wasn’t his hallucination but what he saw was truly his boyfriend. By that, Sunggyu dashed out of the club, followed by Myungsoo. He couldn’t believe that Woohyun was really cheating on him. He had suspicion, of cour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter