Meeting The Past

Wanting You Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Woohyun decided to get going really early. It was still 6AM in the morning where Woohyun would usually still closing his eyes in peace and rolled into a ball under his fluffy blue blanket. Where the sun was still nowhere to be found and the sky was still dark, whispering to everyone that they still have the time to sleep before they need to go to work or school. Some stars could be seen clearly, blinking to Woohyun endearingly and the guy could only smile at them; remembering the times when he and Sunggyu used to go star gazing.

He packed his stuffs he thought he needed for the whole day, because he planned not to go back before he find Sunggyu, which would be pretty hard because he had never gone to Mokpo before, even once.

The guy went out from his room and a quiet sight of the hotel lobby caught his eyes. It was much different from before, without people and loud music and the smells of the beers. Woohyun sighed in relief. It meant that he didn’t have to face the previous state anymore and he knew he had to go back before 8PM or after 1AM; those were the only choices.

Woohyun walked to the front door peacefully, humming a song that was so last year but he loved it so much so he didn’t give a damn. He could see the tables for the guests to have breakfast were being prepared, and he heard cooking sounds from the kitchen not so far away. However, he was sticking onto his first plan to go as soon as he could even if it meant that he had to skip the delicious meals.

The worker who was tasked to take care of the front door opened it for Woohyun and threw a charming smile on him. Woohyun only smiled back, even after he asked if Woohyun wanted to taste the breakfast first but the other shook his head. Though, he asked the man where Chungyeon Road and the man unfortunately said sorry, confessing that he didn’t know the place well too because he just moved here 3 months ago to work.

And so, the searching begun, with Woohyun asking people about the exact place and most of them said that they didn’t know or even ignored the man. Woohyun swore, he looked like an idiot asking help to everyone to lead him the way back home.

It was already nine in the morning, and Woohyun hadn’t find the right information. He sighed desperately as he was sitting on a wooden bench. It was still morning and it was Wednesday, where people had to go to school or work, so the park didn’t contain much souls.

Suddenly, a man around his 50 took a seat next to him, inhaling a nice fresh hair for his old lungs. Woohyun immediately moved aside to give the elder more space and he smiled warmly, like he was saying thank you for Woohyun’s kindness.

“You are not from here, aren’t you, kid?” the elder said suddenly and Woohyun couldn’t help but to get surprise a bit at his sudden voice.

“Y-yes, I am just staying here for a week or so.” Woohyun said with a smile on his face to make him look polite.

“I see,” answered the ahjussi. “What for?” he asked again but now his quite wrinkly eyes were staring at the empty field in front of them.

“I am searching for this address,” Woohyun took the note from his pocket carefully. “Chungyeon Road no. 12. Have you ever heard it, ahjussi?” Woohyun said it out loud. The elder hummed slowly, probably thinking at the address. Not long after, he squeaked an ‘Ah..’ and nodded slowly.

“I know that place. It’s 800 meters from here, more or less. You have to turn left from this park, then keep walking forward until there is a board written Chungyeon Road.” Woohyun’s face brighten. His grin appeared and he hastily stood up.

“Thank you so much!” he bowed then ran as fast as he could based on the directions of the ahjussi. His lips spread to the both sides and made a blinding smile on his chubby face. At last, at last.

 

**

 

The building was big, was the first thing that slipped into Woohyun’s mind. For an apartment, it was big enough and he was sure that the rooms were too. It seemed like the place was almost full even though he could see some of the rooms were still empty. Motorcycles were parked in the prepared place properly and the outside was clean. The apartment kinda looked modernistic and elegant for a bit.

Woohyun walked inside the building slowly, hesitating a bit but his feet kept dragging him inside. He looked around, nice and clean, he thought silently. The place was better than Sunggyu’s previous apartment and Woohyun was glad that the older moved to a better one.

After asking the woman who worked on the front desk about which room Kim Sunggyu was, Woohyun immediately carried himself to the lift and pressed the button where the room 289 was. His heart beat rapi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter