Talking to the Emotionless Flower Boy

The Art of Body Language

 

“Hi Sehun.” I greeted him by surprise.


We were in the library when I approached him. He turned his gaze in my direction and raised his eyebrows. “Hi.”


Oh Sehun was the type to never react to anything. He turned the page on the book in front of him, not glancing at me again. Before I approached him, he was sitting at an empty table alone, flipping through a not so interesting book.


How was I going to do this?


I turned behind me and find Jongin leaning against the library shelves. He pushed his messy brown bangs away from his face and nodded at me. He wanted me to approach Sehun everyday this week, but somehow I always managed to find an excuse.


Until today. Just a few minutes ago, Kim Jongin trapped me in a corner and told me that Sehun was in the library and said that I don’t have anymore excuses to reject him because it’s Friday.


Ugh.


“So, you wanted to tell me something?” Sehun reminded me, nonchalantly. I blinked at him for a few minutes and cracked a small smile.


“Oh, right.” I mumbled. As I was sitting across from Sehun, I leaned closer  putting my elbows on the table. “So you see your friend by the bookshelves?”


Sehun sneaked a peek at Kim Jongin, who was observing us while flipping through a magazine. “You mean Kai?”


“Yeah, Jongin.” I agreed. “Well, he-”


“Kai?”


“Yeah, that’s what I said.” I nodded, furrowing my eyebrows. “Jongin.”


“No one calls him that anymore.” Sehun closed his book, interested in what I had to say. “Why do you call him by his real name?”

“I just do.” I replied, not sure if I knew how to answer the question. I’ve known Jongin way before they nicknamed him, ‘Kai.’ I shook my head and bit my inner lip. “ He wants me to talk to you.”


Sehun smiled, nodding his head slowly. “Okay.” He replied, trailing his words.  “You are talking to me. ” I shook my head at his reply.


“I know.” I sighed, placing my hand on my forehead. “But somehow, we just gotta convince him that you’re interested in talking to me.”


“Who said I’m not interested now?” He questioned me, smirking beautifully.


Damn these boys and their beautiful smirks.


I laughed dryly, trying to ignore the beating of my heart. “You’re so funny Sehun! Now, let’s pretend that we’re talking because Jongin can’t hear a word we’re saying.”


Okay, Soyeon. Remember, SOLER.


“But we are talking.” Sehun acknowledged. I let my hands fall to my sides, trying to stay relaxed as possible. I looked into Sehun’s eyes for the first time and I noticed how beautiful they are.


how can someone who looks so beautiful, talk to someone, no so appealing as me?


“Y-yeah.” I stuttered and looked away immediately. My insecurities got the best of me.  “W-we are talking.”


Frick. I can’t do this.


“Are you okay?” Sehun asked. I nodded my head once again, trying to hide the goosebumps that appeared on my forearms.


“I’m great. Thanks Sehun.” I stood up and watched Sehun’s eyes gradually rise with me. “I have to go again. Thanks for this. And lets never speak of this again. Okay? Okay.”


I twisted my heels in the direction of the library exit, not looking back at Sehun, or Jongin. Sehun was left confused, and Jongin raced after you.


I’m in way over my head.


.....



“So how was it?” Jongin asked, nudging my sides.  Ever since Kim Jongin has been giving me lessons on the art of body language, I had more skinship in a week  than my whole life.


Seriously, no exaggeration.


“It was fine.” I said plainly, moving away from him. “Seriously. No big deal. A piece of Cake.”


“Really?”  Jongin turned his head down to me as we continued walking down the hall.  I nodded smiling at him. A couple of students look our way as we pass by them. Ever since I walked down the hall with  Kim Jongin, I noticed all the stares he receives. Just his presence makes the girls smile and giggle like crazy.


Gives me more reasons to be insecure. Gah.


Yes, really.” I lied. He stopped walking and gave me a . ‘you really think I believe you?’ face.


“Well, maybe not that fine.” I  said again, puffing out my cheeks. “But weren’t you watching me? How did it look like I was doing?”


“Oh, I wasn’t really watching you.” He shrugged his shoulders. I rolled my eyes and exhaled exasperatedly. “Didn’t you see me flipping through the magazine?”


“Jongin!”


“Fine, yes. I saw you.” He held his hands in defense. “You looked like you were having a deep conversation with the emotionless flower boy.”


“See.” I said, crossing my arms.  “I am a good student.”


“Please.” He rolled his eyes. “I’m just that good of a teacher.”


And with that he winked at me and left to go talk to the girls by his locker. I exhaled once more before heading towards my own locker and getting my things ready to go home.


My phone vibrated in the pocket of my uniform and I flipped the screen open to reveal one new message.


Maybe making you approach first wasn’t the best idea. Let’s see if we could make the boys come to you.


-Kim Jongin.


....

 

 

 

 

 

Yay, another Chapter!

 

Sorry it's not so detailed. I enjoy writing, I just at it. LOL.

 

But thanks for those who subscribe and comment! You are a wonderful bunch!

 

Until next time.

 

~judgemesweely