Chapter 7

What I Once Had.

Weekend finally came  and  it brought Yejin's long awaited day off. It felt good that somehow she's going to spend the night with her brother in front of the television  with a bucket full of popcorn in their hands. But she also felt that longing feeling of standing behind the bar while cleaning glasses or taking an  order from customers. Moreover, she missed that devilishly handsome customer that bought her a tall glass of smoothie, left her in peace until she finished her shift and took her to a date to an amusement park.

And let's not forget about the kiss they shared last night.

It made her touch her lips unconsciously, as if still feeling the soft and lightly chapped lips of Jaejoong against hers. Yejin felt her cheeks get warm but she quickly shook it off when her brother jumped on the sofa and called her attention.

"Noona?"

"Huh? Were you saying something?" Yejin whipped her head up and saw her brother looking up at her. She shooed all thoughts off Jaejoong in the deepest, darkest part of his mind and smiled at Eun Suk.

"I was asking what kind of movie should we watch tonight." The younger pouted as he asked Yejin and she found it irresistible and cute that her hands quickly pinched his cheeks while squealing. "Aigoo, you're so cute when you pout."

After a few rounds of protests and two and a half hours of watching Cars, for the umpteenth time, Yejin found herself twirling her phone between her fingers, hesitating to call Jaejoong while Eunsuk laid his head on her lap sleeping soundly.

'Aish, what if he's doing something? On second thought, it's weekend. What should he do on a weekend? Well probably he's going out with his friends...'

Her thoughts were quickly interrupted when her phone rang and Jaejoong's name flashed on the screen. Her heart skipped a beat and she swore everything stopped. Just before the call got disconnected, she answered it with a shaky voice.

"H-hello?"

'Smooth Yejin. Really smooth.'

"Hey. Missed me?" That deep and husky voice made her face warm that her mind stopped forming a coherent reply. She swallowed hard before calmly answering.

"No." 'Lies.'

"Lies. So, I was wondering if you're free tonight?"

"Well, sorry but I'm on babysitting my brother." Yejin heard a disappointed sigh from the other line and started talking without any consent from her. "But I'm free tomorrow."

'What the...Where did that came from?'

"Great. So, I'll pick you up by 7?" Yejin could only hear her heartbeat as she hummed her positive reply.

"Ok. See you then."

It all ended too soon that Yejin resisted the urge to squeal like a high school girl after hanging up. She had never felt this towards a date and she wasn't sure whether to be happy or not. Oh well, seems like she's going to have a very interesting Sunday, after all.


It took all day of pleading and her cute pink sweater to ask Jae Hee to babysit Eunsuk that night. And she avoided all questions as to why she was suddenly going out. Yejin quickly went down the apartment after giving a quick kiss on Eun suk's forehead and a quick wave at them, she was immediately gone. She didn't know why Yunho wasn't answering her calls that's why she was forced to ask her best friend instead.

She ran towards the second nearest convenience store, knowing fully well that Jae Hee and Eun Suk will do everything to see who her date is that's why she insisted on meeting Jaejoong on the said place despite the young man's protest. As soon as she reached the block near the store, she stopped and tried to catch her breath, trying not to look as though she was eager to see him.

Although she really was.

She was imagining how would he look as she walked with a bright smile and almost all of the people passing by her were looking at her weirdly.

'He might be leaning on his car already, waiting impatiently. Maybe he bought flowers? Or maybe a cuddly teddy bear? Or some chocolates? Maybe he'll kiss me again when he sees me...Aish Yejin, what's wrong with you?'

She happily skipped on the corner leading to the store still imagining the scene. She could already see the hood of an expensive car that she assumed as Jaejoong's and she quickly prepared herself. But she quickly regretted taking a step forward.

Jaejoong was there, alright, but the scene was nothing of what she imagined it to be. Jaejoong was leaning on his car but there was no flowers, no teddy bear nor chocolates.

And the kiss she was thinking of?

Well someone else received it for her.

And it seemed like Jaejoong was enjoying it with the girl currently clinging against him.

"J-jaejoong?" She quickly bit her lip immediatelly turned around, tears blurring her eyes and ears closed to the calls of Jaejoong.

'Well I thought you were different...'

Indeed, Yejin had an interesting Sunday.