Chapter 3

What I Once Had.

 

“So. . .how long have you been a bartender?”

 

Ye Jin shook her head as if her memories from last night would go away.

 

You know, a pretty face doesn’t belong behind that bar. You’d be better off as a model or something.

 

Did he really say that? “No, Ye Jin. Stop thinking about him.” she sighed for the umpteenth time that day.

 

I’ll be back tomorrow. . .don’t miss me too much, Ye Jin”

. Even the way he said her name gave her chills. There was no way she could focus in her classes, and it was all because of him! She was never like that with any other guy before. Well . . . she’s never been with any guy. Period.

 

Again and again, she got lost in her thoughts, completely forgetting to pay attention to any of her professors. Ye Jin hadn’t even noticed that the last period was done and that Jae Hee and she were the only ones left inside.

 

“Mind telling me what’s been on your mind for the whole day?” she smirked

 

Oh, nothing. . .just that an extremely good-looking guy came to the bar last night and started flirting with me after his date stormed off because of me.

 

Ye Jin bit her lip “It’s nothing..” Her friend would freak if she knew a guy came up to her! Jae Hee knew she was more of the good-girl type..

 

“Oh come on..” she started poking her arm teasingly “Met a cute guy last night or something?”

 

Double . Was it THAT obvious?

 

“Ye Jin. . .” she gaped at her “You did, didn’t you! I wasn’t even sure you knew what guys were!”

 

This was not the time for her cheeks to be blushing. “You.” Before she knew it, Jae Hee was tugging her out of the room. “We are going to have dinner, and you better tell me everything!” her friend smiled cheekily.

 

 

 

 

 

ON THE OTHER HAND…

 

 

Somewhere in the Gangnam district, Yun Ho was about to have lunch with his four best friends (and also business partners). He and the other DBSK boys were running a successful public relations company.

They had all met each other back in college and decided to one day have their own business. Fortunately, the five boys’ families were nothing short in the financial area, so it wasn’t hard for them to set up their company.

 

“Took you guys long enough.” Yunho muttered as Yoochun and Jaejoong joined him at their regular table. “Where are the other two?”

 

Yoochun rolled his eyes “Beats me. Those two are always disappearing at the office.”

 

After ordering from the menu, the three of them talked casually until they noticed that Jaejoong mind was somewhere else.

 

“Hey man, you okay?” Yoochun patted his shoulder, smiling.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine..” Still, he couldn’t wipe off that smile off his face.

 

Yunho smirked “You’re busted. I know that face.” he leaned over and whispered something to Yoochun, causing both of them to snicker at him.

 

“So, who was it last night, Jae?” Yoochun eyed him suspiciously. He just laughed.

 

“Why is it that you always accuse me of being with women?” Jaejoong faked a frown.

 

“Because it’s true.” they both mused.

 

Reaching over, Yunho smacked his head lightly “Yah, we’re your best friends, we deserve to know~”

 

Jaejoong shook his head and smiled amusingly at them. He stood up, got his wallet and fished out one of his credit cards to pay for their meal.

 

“I’m not going to tell. . .at least not yet.”

 

The two could only look at him in disbelief. Jaejoong never hid his…encounters with women to them before. Why?

 

He made his way out of the restaurant and to his car, hopping inside before he mumbled to himself “She seems different. . .” Jaejoong smiled again “Good different.”