Chapter 2

What I Once Had.

"Aigoo, that was such a good snack..." Yunho said before he burped loudly. Yejin had to stiffle her laugh as she cleaned up the dishes and placed them on the sink. If she hadn't came home on time, the two would have starved to death seeing that they only ate cereals. She turned to Yunho who was rubbing his tummy and sitting comfortably on the chair. "Are you going home late again?"

Yejin nodded as she wiped her hands after placing the newly washed dishes on the cupboard. She walked out of the kitchen while Yunho followed her suitly. "Should we wait for you?"

"Ani. I think I would work overtime today again, since one of the bartenders would only have ahalf shift. She has exams to study for." She said as she walked towards Eun Suk who was lying on the sofa. She kissed his cheeks softly and pinched them afterwards. "So most likely I'll be going home later than usual. SO don't bother waiting for me, nor using the television or video games as an excuse to stay up late."

"Yes, ma'am." Yunho said as he playfully saluted Yejin as the latter walked towards her bedroom to change clothes. "And dinner is all ready. No need to set fire on the kitchen again, Yunho oppa."

Yejin heard a sound of protest from Yunho but she paid no heed. It was fun to cousin at times, but without him, she wouldn't know what would she do with her little brother while she worked part time. After checking her reflection at the mirror one last time, she went out her room and saw the two already playing video games. "Well, I'm going now."

She just earned a nod and a grunt from them, which made her chuckle. Nothing would really distract them when they play games. She chuckled and kissed Eun Suk's cheeks again and ruffled Yunho's hair next before she went out of the apartment. A cold gust of wind blew against her, making her sigh a deep one before she smiled.

"Time for work..."


The night was uneventful, seeing as it was a weeknight. Only a few customers were around the University Bar where Yejin was working, and she was thankful for that. She was in a quite cheery mood as she wiped some tall glasses that were washed, even whistling as she did.

"Yejin-ah! One patron on the rocks." Yejin looked up and nodded at one of the waiters in the bar before she went to make the drink. She hummed herself a certain tune as she poured the liquid on the glass and smiled as she finished the drink and gave it to the waiter waiting against the counter. "You sound cheerful today. Did something special happened? Maybe you finally had a boyfriend?" The guy chuckled as Yejin shooed him off with a wave of her hand.

Yejin sighed and leaned against the counter. Not that she didn't want a boyfriend but it would just distract her from her studies and work. But nonetheless, what kind of girl wouldn't want a boyfriend nowadays?

The sound of the chimes alarmed the staff that a new customer came and Yejin looked up to see a young businessman coming in with a young lady. She shook her head at the display of affection that the couple were showing and she rolled her eyes as they sat on the far corner of the bar. She took a deep breath and forced a smile on her lips as she approached the flirting couple. "So what would it be for tonight, guys?"

The young businessman looked up and smirked at her. Yejin swore her heart skipped a beat, but she quickly forced to stop feeling stupid when she heard the young lady called onto her with poison laced on her voice.

"We'll call you when we need you, darling. Now go, you're disturbing our quality time."

Yejin felt something popped inside her, but she held it in and forced another smile. She felt the stares of her co workers at her, especially her boss, and she wouldn't want to screw this up. She bowed lightly and muttered a half hearted 'sorry' to the couple before turning. She was about to go back to the her spot on the other end of the bar but was stopped when a hand reached for hers and pulled her lightly.
 

"Wait, miss. I'm sorry about her rudeness. My name's Jaejoong. I'm sorry Miss..." Yejin turned lightly, looking at the guy with a surprised look and unconsciously showing her name tag. "...Yejin."

"A-ani...I'm okay...I'm sorry..." She muttered before she heard a huff and in a second the young lady slapped Jaejoong's cheek hard. The young lady glared at Yejin before she went out of the bar.

"So...how about a glass of martini along with a smile, Yejin-shii..."

'This is going to be a very long night...' Yejin thought as she turned around to get the guy's order, as well as hiding her full blown blush.