Chapter 1

What I Once Had.

“Alright class, that’s it for today. Don’t forget to turn in your homework before you leave the classroom.”

 

The bell rang as soon as Professor Kang finished his sentence. Students were already scrambling out of their seats, eager to go home after a long day of lectures.

 

“Hey, Yejin!” Jae Hee struggled to squeeze herself out of the packed doorway.

 

The petite young woman turned around, smiling as she saw her best friend.

 

Jae Hee took a few moments to regain her breath, then spoke to her “It’s Friday night~ you know what that means…” Yejin could only laugh and shake her head while Jae Hee wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“Oh come on! Don’t make me go alone again, Yejin.. It’s called ‘Girls’ Night Out’ for a reason.”

 

“You do know that you could always go with Yeon Ra, Chan Sook, or Hye Ju” she started to raffle out names of their other friends, hoping to be let off the hook.

 

Ye Jin wasn’t much of the ‘party-type’ girl unlike her best friend. She was the type of person who would enjoy relaxing somewhere with a good book rather than exhausting herself by going out partying at night.

 

“You’re a real party pooper, you know that.”

 

“Clubs aren’t really my thing, Jae Hee. You know that. Besides, Yunho oppa visits every Friday and he and I babysit Eun Suk.” Ye Jin smiled apologetically

 

Sighing, Jae Hee put her arm around Ye Jin’s shoulder and whispered as they walked out of the school “If I didn’t know better…I’d say you and him, you know…”

 

“Gross, Jae Hee! He’s my cousin!” a look of disgust painted her face

 

“Jeez, I was just kidding… anyway, I’m off. Still need to go prepare before I go out tonight. See ya~”

 

Jae Hee waved and bid her friend goodbye before running back home. Ye Jin on the other hand, made her way to the entrance of the school where the family car was already waiting for her.

 

 


 

 

Half an hour later, Ye Jin arrived home, dropping her bag on the couch before she called out,

 

“Yunho oppa~” she started “Eun Suk-ah! I’m home”

 

Almost instantly, her 8-year old brother came running straight from the dining “Noonaaaaaa!” Ye Jin was greeted by his tiny hug.

 

“Did you miss noona that much?” The little boy nodded his head frantically. She laughed and ruffled his hair

 

“I always miss noona when she’s not around..”

 

“Aigoo, don’t pout.” she smiled and held his hand as they walked back to the dining room where Yunho was busy eating cereal.

 

“Isn’t cereal supposed to be for breakfast?” she asked

 

Yunho looked up from his bowl, bits of cereal still visible on the side of his lips “You know I couldn’t cook to save my life. Plus, Eun Suk loves it so it’s no big deal…right?” he high-fived Eun Suk before they both resumed eating their ‘meal’.

 

Yejin looked over at the pair and smiled softly. She sat down beside her brother, grabbed a bowl for herself, and enjoyed dinner with her two most favourite persons in the world.