Ch.2►

BLOOD

I woke up from my bed that felt like rocks the whole night. I couldn’t stop thinking about Chen. Why though? Was it because I just found out his ‘dirty little secret’ or was it because I like him? This is not good. I cannot like someone who is a…. well what exactly is he a vampire? I don’t know I just know that it is definitely not okay to like him, but I can’t stop this strange attraction I feel for him. I groaned and ruffled my hair; I need to stop this right now! I got out of bed and tried my best to ignore my thoughts of Chen as I got ready for school.

I walked up to the gates and saw Soyeon come up to me smiling. I smiled back and hoped that she would somehow help me forget about Chen temporarily. “Hey what’s up? How’s your morning been? Still thinking about Chen?” I groaned inwardly when I heard her ask about him. I guess I was wrong, I sighed and shook my head but smiled.

“I guess you could say that.” I replied and tried my best to act like I didn’t know anything about him. She giggled and then we headed to class.

                                                                                                ~

The whole felt like a blur, I didn’t really learn anything or notice anything. I did feel like I was being watched though, I had that slight feeling that someone was looking at me from afar. I tried to ignore it and continue on with the day. Lunch came and I went to go sit with Soyeon and her friends. They were all pretty nice and friendly which made it easier to talk to them. I sighed and chewed on my food and looked around the lunch room. I could see the typical cliques; the jocks the preps the geeks and then the in-betweeners. My eyes traveled towards a corner and froze there. I couldn’t peel them away. I saw his eyes ravel up and down my body as he talked to his group. He stared directly at me and I couldn’t stop from looking away. He smirked at me and bit his lip then looked away like I wasn’t anything interesting. I could feel my heart beat a second faster but felt annoyed when I saw him look away. I got up and told the girls that I was going outside for some air. I walked through the doors and into the corridor. There were tables spread out evenly and plants splattered around. I walked to the side of the building where it was hidden from view. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself from what I was feeling. When I opened my eyes though I saw someone in front of me, my breath hitched from the surprise and I jumped slightly. Like before he smirked at me and pressed his hand against the wall that I was leaning against.

“Did I scare you again?” he asked lowly still smirking. I could feel my words stop at my throat. I was mute right now because of him and I don’t know why. I shook my head and sputtered out that I wasn’t scared. He scoffed and looked away. I tried my best to regain myself and defend myself from him. Even though I’m pretty sure I have a thing for him I can’t let my guard down. I don’t think he would do anything now since we’re at school but I can’t trust him. “Don’t deny it I know you are,” His eyes darted at mine as he spoke. “Just like everyone else…” he said it with a sour tone. Underneath my fear for him I felt bad for him. Maybe he has something more to him. I could feel my eyes soften and I was going to say something but the bell rang interrupting me. I looked at him to see what he was going to do and he just stood up straight. “Guess I’ll see you around won’t I Dani?” he traced my jawline with a single finger and then left. I could feel shivers go down my back at his touch. I sighed and walked to my class; my thoughts completely clouded with thoughts of him.

                                                                                                ~

I paced back and forth in my room debating whether or not to go into the woods and look for him. I sighed and groaned. This is so not fair; girls my age should be thinking about idols and singers not if they should go into the woods and meet up with a vampire! I sighed reluctantly and changed from my sleeping clothes to skinny jeans and a plain crewneck sweater that had an abstract design on it. I walked out the door quietly and made my way to the woods. I could feel myself grow weaker with every step I took. My feet crumpled the dry leaves and I tried my best to walk around with only the moonlight that was shining brightly tonight. I tensed up when I heard other steps and stopped walking. I turned back and almost screamed when I saw him behind me. He pressed his hand against my mouth to stop me from yelling. My back was pressed against him but I couldn’t feel his heat radiate off from him. His hand was freezing against my warm lips it was unbearable. I contemplated on trying to pull away or not. I decided to not pull away because I’m not dealing with a typical human here.

“Shhh, Don’t scream. It’s going to give away our location and you don’t want that do you?” he asked me in a hushed tone. I shook my head vigorously but mentally face palmed myself when I realized how scared I probably looked. His lips were dangerously close to my ear and I couldn’t decide whether I was scared by it or intrigued; maybe both. “Good, that’s what I thought. Now if I let you go you won’t run away right?” he asked me with a quiet voice. I nodded again but more calmly this time. He slowly let go and smirked at me when he saw that I really wasn’t going to run away. “You do a good job hiding your fear.” He gazed at me, looking at me from head to toe. He his lips once and then his eyes traveled back up to mine. His eyes were something I couldn’t explain. They were pure black and the moon reflected off of them perfectly. He was sickly pale but at the same time he didn’t look sick; he looked perfect in every aspect.

“How…” I asked to no one in general. “How did you know I was coming?” I asked now towards him. His eyes pierced through mine but I couldn’t look away. He came closer and I tried my best to not step back. He noticed and stopped right in front of me.

“You’re different.” He said simply. He studied me thoroughly, his eyes looking at every feature on my face. “You’re intrigued.” He added and he slowly placed his hand against my cheek. I flinched when I felt his ice cold finger tips graze my cheek and I noticed him back away. “I guess I’ll see you later, no I know I will because you’re intrigued and you won’t be able to stop.” He smirked and he walked away with his hands in his pockets. I breathed out and ran my fingers through my hair. On the way back to my house I could hear the high pitched piercing screams that I felt only I could hear.  I sighed and plopped myself in bed unable to sleep because of what just happened. I stared at my plain ceiling until I felt my eyelids go heavy and I fell into a stressed slumber.