Ch.8►

BLOOD

I walked around the empty house that was only occupied by myself. Chen left early in the morning leaving me here by myself. I looked around the still not fully furnished house and sighed. It wasn’t like I wasn’t used to this but still I wish they at least tried to help me out some time. I went to grab the mail and realized that bills for the house were already here. I sighed but just plopped them on the kitchen table. Today was the weekend which meant that I could just chill here for the rest for the day. Even though it sounds boring to others but to me it was relaxing. I sat on the only couch that was in the living room and waited for Chen to come back. It was already noon and I was still in my pj’s but that’s what the weekend is for it’s meant for relaxing and that’s exactly what I’m doing. Surprisingly, I feel more relaxed today, maybe because I told Chen about my past. I think that brought us closer together. I smiled to myself when I remembered last night. I looked out the window and saw the sun shining bright. I decided to go out for a walk to stretch my legs out. I unconsciously ended up at the spot that me and Chen always meet up at. I looked around and small trickles of blood around the woods. I staredat the drops and then looked at the sky. Over all the whole woods as a whole is a beautiful piece of natural art. I ever really realized it because I always saw it at night. I felt the feelignt hat what I was seeing right now was only going to be temporarily, I don’t know why but I feel like what I’m seeing is going to be the last time I see it. I sighed and walked around the woods subconsciously. When I looked up at the sky I noticed that it was slowly falling, the sun was settling down which meant I should probably go back home. I started walking back when I stopped because I heard rustling. I thought it was Chen but when I heard multiple footsteps I tried to look around to see if I could spot anyone. As I peeked closer to my house I realized there was a car in the drive way.  ►

I quickly ran back to the house, and slowly walked in. Once I closed the door, I turned around to meet my parents, who were sitting on the sofa. "Um...hi." I say. "Hello Dani. Do you mind getting changed first before we talk?" my mom said. I went upstairs, and changed out of my pj's to my everyday outfit. I went back downstairs, and took a seat on the couch across from my parents. "Dani, we've been taking care of you for a long time, and...it's time that we move on." my father says. "What are you talking about?" I ask suspiciously. "Honey, you're too much of a burden for us. You have to...live on your own." my mother says. I was so shocked by what they were saying, and I didn't even know how to respond. I was angry, hurt, and confused at the same time. "No...why are you guys doing this to me?! Why are you guys making me live on my own?! Do you not know all the hell I've been through?!" I shout. "Look, we know this is hard, but you have to do this." my father says. "NO! I'm not leaving!" I shout. That's when I'm knocked unconcious by my mother. Or at least, they think I'm unconcious. I could feel one of them dragging me up the stairs, and into the bathroom. I then hear the sound of the tub running, then the water's turned off after a couple seconds. I'm thrown into the water, and I'm underneath it. I struggle to break free from their grip, and as I feel no more air, I realize my end is nearing.

After a few seconds, Dani finally lost her breath, and laid underwater motionless. The two elders let go of her wrists, and shook off their palms dry. "She's finally gone. For good." the woman says. "It's about time. Now, let's dispose her body before anyone becomes suspicious." the man says. "Do you really think I would let you do that?" Chen says while walking in. "Who the hell are you?" the man asks. Instead of responding, Chen's normal, brown eyes turned to a hazy golden color, and his soft, pale skin turned to the form of a monster that lied dead for years. The piercing screams of the two elders were careless to Chen, so did the sound of their crunching bones, and him out blood. Once he was done, he returned to his normal form, and dragged the bodies out of the bathroom. He wiped blood off the side of his mouth, and carried Dani's lifeless body out of the tub. He gently placed her body on the tiled floor, and listened for a heartbeat. Nothing. He then realized what he had to do, in order to bring her back. He moved all her hair to one side, and ran his fingers on the side of her neck. He then sank his teeth deep into her skin, and bit it. Chen let go after a few seconds, and sat in silence, holding Dani in his arms. A few minutes later, Dani shot her eyes open, coughing out hard. "Chen?" Dani said. Chen smiled and embraced Dani. "Thank god you're awake!" Chen said. "W-Where are they?" Dani asked. "Dead." Chen responded. Chen noticed Dani had a worried look on her face, but then pulled him in for a kiss. "Thank you..." Dani said. "..for saving me." Dani finished. "You know that...you're like me now." Chen said. "I know. If I wasn't, how would I be alive again?" Dani said. Dani sat up, getting out of Chen's grip. "What do we do now?" Dani asked. "We have to leave Seoul. Or else, you know what happens." Chen said. "Okay. Let's go." Dani said in agreement.

Once Chen finally got the last of the bags in the car, he closed the trunk shut. Dani waited patiently in the car, and as soon as Chen got in, he kissed her. "You ready?" he asked while pulling away. "Yeah, I'm ready." Dani said. Once Chen smiled at her, he started the car, and they drove off, away from Seoul.