✦ ch. 3 ✦

BLOOD

Did he really think I was 'intrigued'? I tossed and turned in my bed last night, meaning I got zero sleep. Everything that he did yesterday still stuck to my mind. It was like a rain cloud that wouldn't go away. His touches were what I couldn't stop thinking about. What if he kissed me though? That'd be even more shocking. But one thing for sure, he was tempting me. In a ual way? No. I'll figure it out soon.

~

As I sat up from my bed, I felt like I was full of energy, when I didn't sleep at all. Despite that, I decided to just get on with the day, and hopefully meet up with Chen tonight. I showered, got out, then left for school. Repeating the same steps.

Once I reached the gates, I noticed Soyeon standing there, waiting for me. "You okay? You look like you didn't get enough sleep. Wait, are you still thinking about him?" she asked. Yes I was. "Yeah, I'm fine. And yes, I'm still thinking about him." I reply sleepily. "Dani, if you like him so much, why not ask him out?" she suggested. Ask him out? That would be pretty stupid of me. "No, I think I'll just wait a little longer." I say. "Whatever you say." Soyeon responds. Close call.

When it reached lunch, I didn't get the feeling of hunger, and went outside. I did spot Chen talking to his group of friends, but gave a quick look, then exited the the school. I went to the same location from yesterday, where I calmed down. Closing my eyes, I let out a deep sigh, then thought of the things that have happened so far, since I moved back to Seoul. Once I open my eyes, Chen was standing in front of me, like last time, placing his hand on the wall I was leaning against. "Must you follow me everywhere?" I ask sounding a little rude. "Oh, so I didn't scare you this time?" he said while smirking at me. I didn't respond to that, and muted. He noticed how I became silent all of a sudden. "It looks like your fear is about to come out, isn't it?" he said leaning in closer to me. I could already feel my heart beating as he was dangerously close to my neck. "You look, scared Dani." he says while tracing my arm with his finger. His cold touch made a shiver run down my back, and tingle a little. "You even feel scared." he says. My heart was beating even faster now. Is this it for me? Right here, right now? My insides were already twisting, getting a sick feeling. I gazed into his eyes, and they were piercing like before. He leaned in closer to my face, and our lips met. He continued kissing me until the bell rang. After he pulled away, he traced my jawline with his finger, and left. I'm definitley going in the woods tonight.

~

My parents haven't been home for days, which made me guess they're still getting the last of their stuff in Busan. Good, I liked being alone now. I changed from my pajamas to skinny jeans, a red crewneck sweater, and my tattered up Converse. I closed the door, and made my way into the woods. The kiss was still clear in my head, and nothing else could fill my mind. Once I heard other footsteps, I stopped then looked behind me. Chen was here.

Instead of saying anything, he pulled me in, and kissed me. His cold lips were freezing mine, and I couldn't even think of what to do right now. After a few seconds, he finally pulled away. "Dani..." he starts off while still caressing my face. "Can we go somewhere a little more private?" he asks. Woah, he's not talking about...what I think, right? I looked at him with a shocked expression, and he must've noticed what I was thinking. "Not for that. That will never happen. I just, need to talk to you." he says. "Why can't we do it here? In the usual spot we meet?" I ask. "Look, the thing I have to talk to you about is kind of something that's not supposed to leave a room, okay?" he says. "Fine. We'll do it at my house." I say while taking his hand. It felt wrong to do that, but he let me do it anyway.

On the way to my house, all I could feel was his freezing touch, filling my body with the cold. Once we got to my house, I let go of his hand, and opened the door. But, he was just standing there, on my porch. "Aren't you going to come in?" I ask. "You have to let me in." he says. What? "Can't you just walk in?" I say while motioning him towards me. He slowly walks inside, to a spot in the living room with no furniture nearby. "What is it?" I ask. "There's things that I'll do, that you don't even know." he says. I'm a little lost on what he meant here. Instead of saying anything, I noticed blood running down both his arms, then the edges of his head. Everywhere there was an open spot, blood was coming out of his body. I run up, and embrace him, holding him close. "You can come in! Just, please...don't do that again." I say sounding a little teary. I actually started to cry, and he held me even closer with his hands on my back. "You shouldn't tear up about this." he says. "Why? Wouldn't you have bled out? Wouldn't you have died?" I say. When I pull away, all the blood that I saw disappears. I kept examining him from head to toe, then took a seat on the couch. He sits down next to me, and holds my hand. After a few minutes, he starts up another conversation. "We should stop seeing each other Dani." he says. Wait a minute, what? "W-What do you mean?" I stutter. "It's not safe. For you. The more I see you, the more I have lust for...you know." he says. So what? He has lust for my blood. I let out a deep sigh, and stand up. I could already feel a small part of my heart shatter, and a wave of tears about to burst through my eyes. No, forget it. I can't hold them in, so I let them out. For some reason, I was able to stop myself from crying, then approach the kitchen. Chen was still sitting on the couch, looking at me. I search the drawers, and find a knife. I come out, with the blade in my hand. "What are you doing?!" he says shocked. "You want my blood so bad? Take it!" I say. I roll up the sleeve of my shirt, and slit my wrist. Patting on the other side, more blood comes out, and drips on the floor. I look at him, and see that he's trying not to go for it, even though it's tempting him. I slowly back up, and slide my back down the wall, looking at the slit I made on my skin. After a few minutes, I pass out.

~

When I wake up, I find myself in bed, with bandages wrapped around my wrist. Right, I cut my wrist to let blood out. One thing I noticed was that my blankets were at the edge, and realized Chen was sleeping next to me. What the hell? I carefully shake him, causing him to wake up. He opened his eyes, and saw I was awake. "What were you still doing here?" I ask. "Taking care of you." he responds while sitting up. "You should've let me die from losing blood." I say while getting out of bed. "Why?" he says. "You told me, that you had lust for my blood. Why didn't you just kill me last night?!" I shout. "I'm not like that." he says while standing up. I look at him for a minute, and felt a tingle inside my body. "What do people not see in you?" I ask. "The ones I've killed? All they see is a monster. Not an innocent person who's trapped in their own body." he says. "That's not like you at all." I say while leaning against a wall. "You think so?" he says while placing his hand on the wall. We're doing it again. He placed his hand on my cheek, and kisses me like yesterday. This time, he wraps his arms around my waist, holding me close to him, while mine are wrapped around his neck. I pull away, and hug him. "I'm sorry Chen." I say while pulling away. "Why?" he asks. "For making you take my blood." I respond while a tear runs down my cheek. "Just don't do it again, okay?" he says while wiping away the tear. "Dani...I love you." he says while gazing into my eyes. "I love you too." I respond.