✦ ch. 7 ✦

BLOOD

As I woke up the next morning, I found myself laying on the couch with blanket draped over my body. My mind was completely blank about what happened last night, so I don't know how I got here. The second thing I found was a note on the coffee table. I picked it up, and it read: "Had to leave last night, Dani. Feeling better? I tried to make you warm. Meet me in the woods tonight. I love you. -Chen". I just don't know what to say for myself. He's been doing all these nice things for me, and I should repay him somehow. Well, a shoulder to cry on is helpful, but still.

I wait around the same spot in the woods for Chen. There's so much I have to tell him, and it's about how much my life .

                                                  ~

I started to get impatient while waiting for Chen, for a second I thought he wasn’t going to show up until I saw a familiar shadow come closer. I inwardly smiled when I saw him come over. How could I think he wouldn’t come? He can over and smiled at me; placing a strand of hair behind my ear.

 
“How are you? Feeling a bit better?” he asked sweetly. I nodded but then shook my head. I saw worry go into his eyes when he saw me shake my head. “What’s wrong?” he asked, his voice changing with his expression. “Tell me, please, you can trust me.” I nodded and sighed. I mustered up the courage to start off with my life.
 
“You’ve never met my parents.” I said bluntly. He nodded slowly and gave me a confused look. “That’s because they’re never home.” I took a deep breath and continued. “My parents have never really been around. They have always been more worried about work instead of, well family. My grandma was the only one that really took care of me until I was around the age of ten. That was when she passed away. I was closest to her than anyone else and when she passed away I pulled myself away from the world. I was already not that close to my parents so that was easy. My friends at school noticed though, but they eventually stopped talking to me. I became the loner of the school. People slowly forgot that I was there just like my parents.” I took in a shaky breath and looked down at the floor. “My parents are still in Busan busy with work, sure my mom called once but that was it, nothing else.” I looked around at the ground and admired the crushed leaves on the ground. They were all perfectly matched together even though they had crushed sides and were of different shades of brown. “I decided that when I came here I’d try to change. I didn’t want to live the rest of my life differently because of my parents.” I finally looked up and saw a terribly worried look on Chen’s face.
 
“I’m so sorry; I never thought that your life would be like that. You always looked like it never bothered you.” He caressed my cheek and pulled me into a hug. I smelt his soft cologne that was different from the usual dried blood. Even though his touch was cold I felt warmth in his arms. “I’ll take care of you Dani, don’t worry I’ll be the one to care for from now on. I won’t let anyone hurt you.” He kissed the top of my head and then placed his chin on top of my head. I closed my eyes stayed in his arms calmly. After a while we walked back to my house and we walked up to my room. “You look sleepy I’ll let you sleep.” He slowly let go but I pulled him back.
 
“Can you stay with me, please?” I asked tiredly. I saw him smile and nod.
 
“Of course I will. I’ll do whatever you want.” I smiled and guided him up to the bed. I sat on the bed first and waited for him to come closer. He smiled at me and pulled me on his lap. I straddled him and wrapped my arms around his neck.
 
“Thank you for being here with me, Thank you so much.” I closed my eyes and pressed my lips against his. He responded back hungrily and clamped my hips. His lips traveled down my jaw and to my neck. I felt a slight thrill when he sound my soft spot and on it sweetly. I moaned loudly and he responded back with a groan. I placed my hands under his shirt and felt his chiseled abs underneath. I moaned again when he went down to my collar bones. I wrapped my legs fully around him searched for his lips, once I found them I bit his bottom lip and on it. He groaned and I felt successful. This time he yanked on mine and I whimpered. He smirked into the kiss and then slowly laid me on the bed with him on top. He let go of the kiss and smiled sweetly.
 
“You need your sleep.” He said with a quiet voice. I sighed but nodded and closed my eyes but not before making sure he says next to me.