✦ ch. 1 ✦

BLOOD

I was okay with being alone, just for tonight actually. My parents were doing something, and wouldn't be home until tomorrow morning. I have to admit, I was a little scared. It's just because of the area I'm in; the eerie noises, creepy tree branches, and fog surrounding the grounds outside. It felt like you were in a horror film. Not only that, but I regret going outside now. I just needed some fresh air, that's it. The sound of my feet smashing the leaves, and breaking branches only frightened me a little more. Then, something scared me even more. I heard screams coming far from my right. I traced the screams, only to find two dead bodies, with a seperate blood trail running somewhere else. Both the bodies had a chunk of their neck bit, and yes, there was blood. Too much blood, I think. I follow the other trail of blood to another body, far from the other two. This one's much worse. Blood is all over it, and they're definitley dead. Then, something caught my eye. I notice the left hand lift a little, and I let out a scream. All of a sudden, an arm holds me back, covering my mouth. Dani, you're screwed. It's not a girl, that's for sure. I feel his breath tickle my neck. "Don't scream. And don't call for help." he whispers. "Do as I say right now, or you die." he continues. "Close your eyes, get on your knees, and slowly count down to three." he finishes. Once he let go of me, I did as he said to do. "One..." I start off. "Two.......three." I finish. I open my eyes, and look around. Whoever he was, he was gone. No one is going to believe me on this story.

What happened last night really hit me. I couldn't stop thinking about who it was that nearly killed me. But, his voice was pretty y if you asked me. Yeah, and I mean that. But, it also had me tossing and turning in bed. Not once has something kept me from thinking about other things in life. Even the important things. My parents weren't going to let me skip school today, no. I wish. Maybe I could come up with an excuse? That's not gonna work either. As soon as I got up, I didn't look like a revived zombie like I usually do. Is it the mirror, or am I just seeing things? Doesn't matter right now. The attack that happened in the woods is all everyone is going to talk about at school today. Well, I'm starting there, so people won't even know I exist. What was it called? Seoul Academy. Cheesy, way too cheesy. I decided to skip breakfast today, since I didn't have a feeling of hunger this morning. Instead, I just went ahead and left for school.

Seoul Academy is kind of scaring me right now. Why? No reason, I'm just nervous. I just keep hoping that I don't get bullied like the last school. That, and I hope I could figure out who that was last night, who nearly killed me. Once I get my list of classes, I head out the door, then accidentally bump into someone. "Sorry, I wasn't looking." I say. "It's alright. No worries. Are you new?" the girl asks. "Yeah, I'm Kim Dani." I respond. "I'm Soyeon." she replies. "Do you mind showing me around? I'm sort of lost already." I ask. "Sure." she says while motioning me to follow her. We passed classrooms, the library, gym, and whatsoever. But, just one person catches my eye, and I don't think I'm paying attention anymore. "Dani? Are you listening?" Soyeon asks. "Sorry, who's that?" I say pointing in a certain direction. "That's Jongdae. But, everyone calls him Chen. Handsome, isn't he?" she says. "Anyways, let's move on." she says while pulling me. Chen? At least someone got my attention today. I think I have a crush developing.

For the rest of the day, all I could think about was Chen, and nothing else. The only thing that I thought about was him, I even wanted to know more about him. The only person I could turn to for answers, of course, was Soyeon. "So, what's Chen's story?" I ask. "Are you that curious already?" she says while making a face. "Yes." I respond demandingly. "Well, no one actually knows. He started here two weeks before you did. And, I think it's his great aunt that he lives with." she says. "What else?" I ask. "He's quite mysterious. Despite that, he's really hot." she finishes. "I wish I knew more." I say. "Just admit it Dani, you like Chen." Soyeon says. "Isn't that obvious? If I didn't, I wouldn't have played twenty questions with you." I say while laughing a little. "Come on, we better get to class." Soyeon says while motioning me towards her direction. At least I know some information now.

 

 

Nightfall again. That, and I was alone. Another scary night just by myself. Should I walk around the woods again? Maybe. I need to stop thinking about him though. Screw it, I'm going. I went to my room, and threw on a different outfit. Navy blue t-shirt, a red oversized sweater, black skinny jeans, and my tattered up Converse. Slowly approaching the outdoor grounds, I shut the back door. I take the short cut to the woods, crossing the river, seperating the side of my house, and entrance. As I look around, there's nothing, until I hear a few screams. Following the sound of utter terror, I find more bodies than the last time. And more blood. Whoever did this, they must know who I am by now. "Why are you here?" someone says. It's the same guy from last time. I slowly turn around, and it's him. Chen.

"It was you?" I ask while shaking a little. "It took you this long to find out?" he teased while wiping blood off the side of his mouth. Gross. I don't say anything else, and he just gazes at me. I take a few steps back, and find myself now leaning against a tree. "Are you scared or something?" he says while approaching me. I can already feel my fingers clawing on the rough bark. Once Chen stands right in front of me, he places both his hands near the sides of my head. I'm trapped. "I only kill those who fear me, Dani." he says. How does he know my name? That's right, he knows who I am already. "Are you, one of those feared ones?" he whispers in my ear. "N-no." I stutter while shaking a little. His breath tickles my neck like last time, and he slowly backs away. "You are scared. You just don't want to admit it." he points out. He was right. I was afraid of him, but didn't show it. Am I that good of an actress? "I'm letting you go Dani. But, if I see you in the woods again, I might kill you. We'll see." Chen says before disappearing into the dark. He might kill me? What the hell was going on?