Chapter 31 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     I was so happy to get her text. I’d been wanted to see her all day! I could hardly contain myself. For the rest of the photo shoot we were in the middle of, I wore a big, happy smile.

“What are you do happy about?” Yunho asked, lightly punching my arm.

I pretending like it hurt, just to mess with him, but that didn’t last long. I perky up and smiled again. “I’m meeting Ara during our break.”

“Ohhhhh.” He said with a knowing grin. “Where at?”

I pursed my lips. “Somewhere. You don’t have to know everything about my love life, Hyung.” 

Jaejoong slung his arm around my neck. “What about your love life?”

I looked at him. “Nothing…”

“He’s meeting Ara later.” Yunho told him.

“Ooooh, whatcha gonna do with her?” Jaejoong asked, pinching my cheek playfully.

I winced and tried to move away from him. “Nothing, we’re just getting together for a little bit.”

“I see.” Jaejoong crossed his arms and nodded, as though I had some secret plan and he knew all about it.

I rolled my eyes, shook my head, and chuckled at the two of them as they pretending to whisper behind my back. I walked away, throwing my keys up and catch them.

“Where are you going?” Yoochun stopped.

“To go see Ara. We’re done here, right?”

Yoochun nodded. “Yep. Manager-hyung gave us to “ok” to leave if we want to. But aren’t you hungry? You didn’t eat much for lunch.”

I shrugged. “I’ll grab something with Ara. I’m going to that nice little café near our apartment.”

“Alright, as long as you get something. Have fun.” He waved and left me alone.

I glanced over my shoulder at him. He was the only one who wasn’t asking me constant, annoying questions about my relationship with Ara. And I was thankful for that.

     Outside, I thought I was finally free and clear, but then Changmin came running up behind me.

“Yah, Hyung, wait up!” He called, waving one hand in the air.

I stopped and turned, waiting for him to catch up to me. “What?” I tried not to look impatient.

“What’s up? Why are you leaving suddenly?”

“Ara texted me.” I held up my phone as if to show him.

He looked concerned. “Is it something bad?”

I shook my head. “No, she just wants to see me.”

He grinned. “Aw, so you’re going on a date?”

I shrugged. “I guess. Kinda spur-of-the-moment for a real date, though. Not sure it really counts.”

Changmin patted my shoulder and leaned his head close to mine as if to share a secret. “Everything counts to a girl.” He informed me.

I gave him an amused look. “And you would know this how exactly?”

Then I left him with an injured look on his face, got in my car, and drove.

     Ara was already sitting down at a table, waiting for me, with some kind of frozen coffee in front of her. I stood there for a minute, watching her sip from the straw. Then, when I thought I noticed someone staring at me, I kept moving toward her.

“Hey.”

She looked up at me and smiled. “Hi!”

She seemed happy and I was glad. I sat down with her and smiled back.

“How’s your day been?” She asked me.

I nodded. “Good. We just had a photo shoot earlier and we’ll be shooting a CF later.” Then I laughed, remembering my hyungs. “Do you know how hard it is for me to get away without being asked a million questions?”

 She reached forward to tug my hat down farther. “No, but I can imagine. Did you eat today?”

“A little.”

She nodded toward the cashier. “Go get something, I’ll wait for you.”

So Got up to order something, continuously glanced over my shoulder to smile at her. I was just content being near her. When I ordered my food, the cashier told me I looked like Xiah Junsu. I almost laughed out loud.

Instead, I pushed my glasses farther up my nose, put on a goofy smile, and disguised my voice. “Ya, I get that all the time!”

When I got back to the table, Ara and I laughed about it quietly for half an hour. I sat back and watched her eyes sparkle.

     “How much time do you have, really?” Ara asked me. “I don’t want to make you late for anything.”

I crossed my legs and held my hands behind my head. “I’ve got plenty of time.”

She smiled and stood up, taking my hand. “Good, then come on.”

Then she pulled me out of the café.

“Where are we going?” I questioned, then pointed behind us. “We can take my car.”

She stopped, thought about it, and then turned and walked back towards the parking lot, with my hand still in tow. “Ok.”

     In the car, every time I looked over at her, she told me to look at road. Then both of us just smiled.

“So where are we going?” I asked again.

“You’ll see.” I remembered that playful twinkle in her eyes, like the day she took me to the playground, and I decided to go along with it.

“You’d better not get me lost.” I joked.

She chuckled and I wasn’t sure if it was a nervous chuckle or not. But it didn’t really matter, I trusted her.