Chapter 23 (ARA'S AND JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

(Continuing from JUNSU'S POV...)

I immediately flinched, and for good reason too. The whole room exploded with exclamations.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! That’s pretty big.”

“What?! Really?! What did the manager say about that?”

“Oh my gosh! You’re kidding! What did she say?”

“Your girlfriend??! And you didn’t tell us earlier because…?”

“You really are serious about this girl, aren’t you?”

“Ok, ok, guys, calm down. One at a time. I know this is big, and I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you guys about it first, but…it wasn’t like I planned this. She was talking and I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her and all I could think about what how fast I was falling for her and it just…seemed right. I think I’m ready to be in a serious relationship and I want it to be with her.”

“And she said yes?” Changmin pressed for an answer.

“Yes, she said yes, but then I had to tell her I had to talk to the manager first.”

“And…?” Yunho motioned for me to continue.

I smiled. “And, he okayed it.”

“Really? So it’s official?” Yoochun turned to face me.

I nodded. “Yes.”

“So is that why we’re meeting her and her friends on Sunday?”

“Not really. We’re meeting her because I promised you guys I’d introduce you.”

“Wait.” Jaejoong put up his hands. “We’re going somewhere on Sunday?”

I’d forgotten that Jaejoong and Changmin hadn’t heard that part of the conversation. “Oh, ya, we’re all going to get together so that she can meet you and I can meet her friends.”

“Oh, where are we going?”

“I don’t know. I told her that since I picked our first date, it’s her choice this time.”

 

ARA’S POV

     “And I have the perfect place for us to go!” I fell back on my bed, finally ready to sleep.

When I broke the news to Kyung-sook and Eun Hye, Kyung-sook went nuts (just like I knew she would). Eun Hye just raised her eyebrows and congratulated me, then asked where we were going on Sunday.

“I was thinking it would be really fun to go to Lotte World.”

“The amusement park? I love that place!” Kyung-sook exclaimed. “Oh, I can’t wait!”

I laughed. It as quite possible that she was more excited about this than I was. Even unemotional Eun Hye seemed to be happy about it. I was still hugging my phone as if it was my most treasured possession, and his parting words were still ringing in my ears. I love you…I love you…I love you… I couldn’t stop smiling about. It was official. I was his girlfriend. He was my boyfriend. I put my hand to my head. Oh my gosh, how did this all happen. It can’t be real! But it was. It was more real than anything I’d ever felt before. And it was happening to me!

     I was more nervous than I expected to be about meeting the other members of TVXQ. And it just because they were TVXQ. Somehow that didn’t matter so much to me now. I think it was because so much had changed. Before I had no life. Fantasizing about TVXQ was all I had. Now I was in college and job and two great roommates/friends. And now Xiah Junsu was my boyfriend. Suddenly TVXQ wasn’t a hugely famous boy band that I would die if I ever met. They were real people living real lives in a real world. And now I was part of that real world. I had a life. No, I was more nervous because I wanted to impress them for Junsu’s sake. I wanted them to like me because they were his friends, not because they were famous. It’s amazing how things can change when you’re in love…

     “You’re going in that?” Kyung-sook looked down at my brightly colored, sleeveless turtleneck sweater, plain jeans, and the same old sneakers I normally wore.

I looked down at myself. I’d worn this sweater a million times. I loved it because it was comfortable and cute.

“Why, what’s wrong with it?”

“You always wear that. Aren’t you going to dress up?”

“Why should I? It’s an amusement park, not a fancy restaurant.”

“It’s TVXQ for crying out loud!” Kyung-sook threw her hands up as I was the most exasperating person in the world.

“No, it’s my boyfriend and his friends. No big deal. You need to calm down before you embarrass me.”

“Fine, but at least I look nice.” She was wearing a white cashmere sweater and red-and-black plaid pants with a silver pendant necklace and black boots.

She smoothed down her hair for the hundredth time. Mine was just pulled back into a messy ponytail. She readjusted her glasses and applied more lip gloss.

“Kyung-sook, why are you so worried about how you look? You look fine, don’t worry about it.”

“Unlike you, I can’t make myself look pretty in everyday clothes.” She turned to me and sighed. “I wish I was as pretty as you…”

I was about respond when Eun Hye came in and said, “Are we going yet? I’ve been ready for 20 minutes.”

“Ya, we were just waiting on Kyung-sook.” I told her.

Kyung-sook seemed to be the only one that was all dressed up. Eun Hye just wore a regular blue shirt with black jeans and her brother’s skate shoes that I’ve never seen her go anywhere without. I looked Kyung-sook up and down. I never realized that she compared herself to me. Or felt insecure about it. I made a mental note to do something to cheer her up about it later.

“Ready?” I said to both of them. They both nodded and I threw on the wonderful scarf Junsu had bought for me at the mall. “Then let’s go!”