Chapter 25 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     The moment I said her name, she came to me. Something about that made me feel really good. Like that was how it was meant to be. Like we belonged together. I was so happy to see her, I gave her a big hug—and then because I didn’t want to let her go, I kept my arm around her.

“Guys, this is my girlfriend. Go Ara.” I felt my heart swell at those words. “My girlfriend, Ara” She was mine and I was hers.

“Ooh, she is pretty.” Yunho said, making Ara blush and look down.

Yoochun nudged him for embarrassing my girlfriend and gave her a warm smile and a nod. “Nice to meet you, Ara.”

She nodded back and returned the smile.

“Ara, this is our leader, Yunho.” I introduced. Yunho bowed and grinned and they shook hands. “This is Jaejoong.” He bowed and reached for Ara hand but didn’t smile. “This is Yoochun.” Yoochun bowed, still smiling, and shook Ara’s hand. “And this is our maknae, Changmin.” He bowed deeply with a bright smile and gripped her hand in a firm shake.

Ara smiled happily to them all and bowed. “It’s so nice to finally meet you guys in person. I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“Oh, Junsu, you didn’t tell us she was a fan.” Said Yunho to me. Then he turned back to Ara. “We’re glad to finally meet you too. Believe it or not, we’ve heard a lot about you too.” He winked at me.

I hoped that when Ara looked at me, she couldn’t see my blush. I would never gossip, but I did like talking about her…

“We hope you will feel comfortable around us.” Yoochun said. “And we hope you will always make Junsu as happy as he is right now.”

She looked at me again with a sweet smile. “I’ll certainly do my best.”

She squeezed my hand and I squeezed back just as she walked away from me toward her friends.

“And these are my friends!” She introduced enthusiastically. “This is Kyung-sook and Eun Hye.”

Neither of them moved so she pushed them forward.

“N-nice to m-meet you.” The one named Kyung-sook managed to stutter, smiling hugely the whole time.

The one called Eun Hye was quiet. She bowed to us, with a soft, polite, “Good to meet you.”

“Kyung-sook, Eun Hye,” Then Ara smiled at me. “This is my boyfriend. Kim Junsu. And his friends…”

That poor girl, Kyung-sook, was wringing her hands each time one of us bowed to her and she nodded so much, she looked like a bobble head doll. She seemed a bit jittery. Eun Hye watched each of us carefully. She had intense eyes that scanned us like she could see through us. I found myself hoping Ara’s friends approved of me the way my friends approved of her. Kyung-sook didn’t say much, just smiled a lot.

But Eun Hye said, “Don’t ever hurt my friend.”

Ara looked quickly at her friend and I wasn’t sure if she was surprised at her friend’s concern or embarrassed that her friend would ever think I’d hurt her.

I shook my head. “Never.” I looked into Ara’s eyes to make sure she definitely knew I meant it. “I promise.”

Eun Hye nodded, satisfied. And Ara looked dazed, but happy.