Chapter 16 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     She was totally stunned at first. She stood there and stared at me, then stuttered. She couldn’t understand why I like her, of all people. And honestly…neither could I. But I knew it was as true as anything else I’d ever felt in my entire life. There was something about her that was…different, but I couldn’t really tell what it was. I don’t think she believed me for a minute, but she said yes. She took the flowers and hugged me and said yes. I could feel heat rising to my cheek when she wrapped her arms around me. She smelled like flowers and cookies and her soft hair was in my face. I hugged her back just before she pulled away, looking embarrassed. All I could think was that I’d never known anyone who could look so adorable when she was embarrassed, which made me smile—even laugh. I had absolutely nothing to worry about.

“Great! Ok, so…how about tomorrow? When do you get off of work?”

“Around 8-ish, at the latest.” She said, cringing like she thought I’d be disappointed.

But I didn’t really care what the time was. I just wanted to spend time with her. Then her friend snapped out of her shocked state and took the flowers from Ara.

“But she can go at 7:30. I’ll cover for her.” She offered.

I nodded to her in thanks. “7:30 tomorrow, then. I’ll come and pick you up.”

She nodded to me. “Ok…” But it seemed like she wanted to say more, so I waited.

I didn’t want to go. I was finally here. I finally knew she liked me too. I was looking into those beautiful eyes, and my feet wouldn’t move. I knew I should probably get back so that I wasn’t late for the press conference. I mean, it wasn’t like I wasn’t going to see her again tomorrow. But still… Finally, I made myself take a step backwards.

“Then I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then…”

She nodded. “Ya…tomorrow…see ya…”

I waved, she waved, I took another few slow steps back, but I didn’t turn around yet. Somehow I knew the hours between now and tomorrow night were going to be very long. Then a customer came to the counter and made the decision for us. Since Ara’s coworker was in the back putting her flowers in a vase or something, Ara had to help the customer. So I turned around and left, looking back periodically, even if I couldn’t see her.

     I was too happy and excited to keep the date a secret. As soon as I got to the location of the press conference and figured out I had some time to spare, I found my hyungs and told them everything. I expected more snooping questions, but they were just as happy and excited for me as I was. They patted my back, squeeze my shoulders, congratulated me, wished me luck, and held up their fists, exclaiming, “Hwaiting!”

“I knew it! I knew it all along!” Yunho declared. “Ever since you bought those smoothies for us!”

I rolled my eyes sarcastically. “I’m sure you did, Yunho.”

“See, I told you she wouldn’t say no.” Yoochun said. “I’m glad you went for it instead of letting her go.”

I nodded. “Me too…”

“So where are you gonna take her?” Jaejoong asked. “The playground was a pretty creative idea.”

“The playground was her idea. Honestly…I don’t know where I’m going to take her. I think I’ll just make it up as we go along. Be spontaneous, you know? I think she’d like that.”

“Ooh, does this mean we get free smoothies?!” Changmin exclaimed.

We all reached over to whack him upside the head, but he ducked away and only Yunho got him.

“Ow! Aish, I was only asking…”