Chapter 15 (ARA'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

ARA’S POV

     It was a completely normal day (for anyone who’s ever gone back in time and had a chance to live over again…) I woke up like normal. I got ready like normal. I went to work with Kyung-sook like normal. But I couldn’t get last night out of my mind and Kyung-sook wouldn’t stop nudging me and giving me looks. As much as I tried to act like everything was normal, everything was not normal. I’d always had a crush on Xiah Junsu, but last night…I fell in love with him—for real. It wasn’t just some fantasy I’d made up this time. And I had absolutely no idea what to do about it. Then he walked into the café. Him, of all people. I smiled as soon as I saw him and my mind raced to figure out what he could be doing here. Coming for more smoothies or something, maybe? But somehow I didn’t think that was it.

My hopes rose and I exclaimed, “You came back!”

“I said I would, didn’t I?”

I nodded. “So what’ll it be?”

He looked down for a second, then started to say, “Well, actually, I just wanted to say…I had a really good time last night…”

I nodded again. “Me too.”

“And I was wondering…” He continued. “If you would maybe like to do it again sometime…”

Then he started rambling and stuttering and tripping all over his words and his voice eventually trailed off. I tilted my head and gave him a smile. He sounded kind of funny, but I felt sorry for him. Poor guy’s a nervous wreck…but at least he’s able to laugh at himself.

He shook his head. “I guess what I’m trying to say is,” He took his hands out from behind his back and suddenly I was greeting by a colorful bouquet of flowers. “Will you go out with me?”

I was completely stunned and all I could do was stare. I saw him cringed at my reaction, but his smile never faded and his hand stayed steadily holding the flowers in front of me. I wanted to say yes, of course, but my mouth wouldn’t move. Next to me, Kyung-sook mouth hung open and her eyes went wide. Then she nudged me into action.

“Oh…I…you…b-but…wh… J-Junsu, I don’t know what to say.”

“Then say yes.” He looked so hopeful.

“But, why me?” I couldn’t understand why a guy like him would choose a girl like me when he could probably have any other girl he wanted.

“Because you are you. And you’re not afraid to be you. And you’re special. I liked you the moment I met you. Love is a mysterious thing. Sometimes “why” doesn’t even matter.”

“You really want to go out with me?” He nodded. “Oh, I can’t believe this!” My wish! Oh my gosh, my wish is coming true! This has to be a dream! “Yes.” I said, taking the flowers and throwing my arms around his neck over the counter between us. “Of course I will go out with you!”

Then I pulled back, realizing that everyone was watching us. I blushed wildly and stared down intently at the flowers.

Junsu seemed very pleased by my outburst, though. “Haha, great! Ok, so…how about tomorrow? When do you get off of work?”

“Around 8-ish, at the latest.” But that seemed too late…

“But she can go at 7:30. I’ll cover for her.” Kyung-sook chimed in, taking the flowers from my hands to put them in water.

I glanced over at her and she winked. I smiled, then looked back at Junsu. He nodded.

“7:30 tomorrow, then. I’ll come and pick you up.”

I nodded. “Ok…” I didn’t know what to say next.

I didn’t want him to leave, but I was sure he had a busy schedule. I wanted to talk more, but about what? He didn’t be making any move to leave either. We just stared at each other.