Chapter 13 (JUNSU'S POV)

Timeless Love (aka Choosing Love or Eternal)

JUNSU’S POV

     I knew how late it was when I got back, but I didn’t really care. I also knew I had an early morning the next day, but that didn’t matter to me much either.

“Did you do it?” Changmin asked the moment I walked in the door.

“Do what?” I looked at him sideways.

Changmin paused his movie. “Ask her out!”

I gave him a look. “Yah, Changmin, you don’t need to know everything about my love life!”

He pouted. “Aish, ok, I’m sorry. I’ve just been so lonely and bored today because everyone leaves me here alone with nothing to do… I was only curious.”

I sighed, feeling sorry for him, and answered, “If you must know, no, I didn’t ask her out. I wasn’t planning on asking her out. And how did you know who I was with in the first place?”

Changmin wagged his eyebrows at me in a mysterious way. “The mankae has ways of knowing everything…”

I shook my head and threw a couch pillow at him before heading to the bedroom to collapse into my bed.

“What took you so long?” Yunho asked, looking up from his book.

“I lost track of time.” I replied.

“Where were you?”

I should’ve known I’d be questioned by the members sooner or later. I guess it’s better to get it over with sooner rather than later.

“The playground.”

I looked over and noticed Yunho looking at me strangely.

“A playground? Why on earth did you—“

Just then Jaejoong walked in. “Yunho, do you know where my—Yah! Junsu! You’re back!”

I sat up. “Yes, I’m back. Why, were you worried?” I stood up and ruffled his hair just to be annoying.

He whacked my hand away. “No, would you stop that? You ate earlier, right?”

I nodded. That’s Jaejoong for you, always worrying about whether or not we ate or rested or cleaned up after ourselves. Yunho set his book aside and walked over to us.

“So, you were about to tell me why you were at a playground…”

Jaejoong cocked his head at me. “You were at a playground all this time?”

“I just felt like it, ok?” I felt utterly silly now.

I was about to leave the room, but Yoochun walked up to the doorway, blocking my path.

“Oh, Junsu, you’re home, good. I need your help later. Uh, Jaejoong, did you ask Yunho about your cable?”

“No, I didn’t get a chance to.”

“By the way, where did you go off to tonight?” Yoochun turned to me and asked.

I sighed exasperatedly. “I just went out.”

“He went to a playground.” Yunho told Yoochun.

“Ohhh…” Yoochun nodded like he understood, but the look on his face was one of confusion. “Why?”

“Ooooh!” Changmin came running down the hall. “Did I hear something about a playground? Is that were you went, Junsu?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yes, that’s where I went.” This was getting tiring…

“How come you didn’t bring me with you, Hyung? Oh wait, you were with that girl, weren’t you? You took her to a playground? What for? Did she like it? Did you have fun? Still, you should’ve invited me. I would’ve stayed out of the way for you.”

I clamped my hand over Changmin’s rambling mouth. “Changmin, shut up!”

“You were with a girl?” Yunho questioned.

“In a playground?” Yoochun added.

“Was it a date?” Jaejoong asked. “Junsu, did you go on a date without telling us?” Then he commented, almost to himself, “That’s kind of cute, bringing her to a playground…”

I threw my hands in the air in frustration. “Yah! Shouldn’t you all be in bed by now? Why are you asking me so many questions? No, I didn’t go on a date, and that’s all you need to know!”

I pushed past them to get to the bathroom, the only place I knew I’d get some privacy. But then again, with Jaejoong and his odd photography habits, you never really know…