Chapter Nine

Step Siblings

" Are you going to take your food. Or... not?"  Yongguk asked waiting for you to reply. He rolled his eyes, waiting unpatiently.

 

" Hey! I don't have all d-" You cut off Yongguk by rapidly opening your door, brutally grabbed your food. And  piercingly shut the door in his face. " Your welcome?"  Yongguk sarcastically said.

 

He walked back downstairs. With his hands in his pockets, walking calmly and cooly. He looked like he didn't give a damn about his mother plans. But.. He did. He's trying to go with the flow.

 

Inside... he's actually weak. And he doesn't show it.

 

" So... How did it go?" Yongguk mother asked, hoping that they have become closer now. " I told her that you asked me to send the dinner to her" He said so dully.

 

" Eh!!?" He's mother screamed in anger. " Why did you tell her that for? You know I only asked you to give her the food, so you guys can actually like eachother!" He's mother blurted.

 

" Oh Boy.. why! Why did you get her mad" Your father whined like a scared little boy.

 

" Aish! I told her that because I... Don't....Like...Her."  He said. His mother wanted to say something back, but Yongguk walked out the house.

 

You heard the whole conversation downstairs. You didn't want to believe that your idol Yongguk said all that. You walked down the stairs, to the kitchen and pretended like you didn't hear a single word.

 

" Oh, Dear! Did you hear anything" Yongguk mother asked. She looked and felt so guilty. 

 

" Aniyo.." You said with a fake smile across your face.

 

" Why?" You asked Yongguk's mother acting like you didn't know what was going on. When you spoke, your voice sounded like you were about to cry.

 

" Oh.. Nothing" Your dad and Yongguk's mother said in unison.

 

You walked towards the kitchen sink, washed your dishes and your dad's, also your new step mother/brother's. Then ran upstairs to your room, feeling like you were about to break down and cry.

 

" Is she alright?" Yongguk's mother asked concerned.

 

" I don't know" Your dad answered.

 

I never learnt your-" Your father and Yongguk's mother said in unison.

 

" You can go first." They said in unison once again, they laughed together knowing that they are speaking at the same time.

 

" Ladies first." Your dad said, acting like a gentlemen. Yongguk mother giggled, and began to speak. " I wanted to say that I have never learnt your daughter's name. What is it?" 

 

" I was going to ask the same about your son." Your father replied.

 

" Anyway her name is Mi Rae."

 

" My son's name is Yongguk, I hope you guys will get along."

 

" I hope so too."

 

~**~

 

" What am I crying for?" You asked yourself whiping your tears with your pillow. * I never knew him anyway. I never met him in person before now, so why am I crying.* You mentally thought.

 

* His songs inspired me so much. I fell in love with his songs, maybe that's why I'm hurt. I guess?*

 

* I thought that I was the only fan who actually knows what he's thinking, or what he's feeling. But, I guess I was wrong. I don't think no one knows what's going in that head of his. That's why people shouldn't judge a book by its cover...* You thought. You stopped crying, and tried to ignore the fact that Yongguk  hates you.

 

You wished that your mother never died in the first place. Maybe you wouldn't have met your new step mother and her son, if your mom was still alive.

 

You changed your dress into comfortable clothes. You wore your sneakers and left the house going to Jee Sun's place. You felt like you needed to talk to someone.

 

~**~

Yongguk was heading to Zelo house. He called him before he knocked on his door. " Zelo. I'm coming over." He said over the phone.

 

" Yay!" Zelo childishly replied. 

 

Yongguk entered his house. They went to Zelo's room and started to chat. " So how was it." Zelo asked Yongguk.

 

" How was what?"

 

" The dinner with your new family." Zelo answered.

 

" Awful. Aish.. I don't think I can live there."

 

" What happened?" Zelo asked. He knew that Yongguk might of started it , because he knows how hard headedYongguk can be.

 

" I don't like that man's daughter one bit."  

 

" Yongguk. The problem is that you don't like to open your heart to anyone ever since your father died. You need to give people a chance." Zelo preached to Yongguk.

 

Yongguk got annoyed. He was sick and tired of people telling him what to do, or telling him how wrong he is. He wanted someone to understand him or agree with him. For once.

 

" Ah! It's my fault for coming to talk to you." Yongguk said brutally. He left the room. Zelo ran after him and screamed " I'm trying to help  you...as...your bestfriend."

 

Yongguk felt warm inside a bit when he heard Zelo say that comment. He left Zelo's house and began to walk around the nieghboorhood.

 

~**~

 

" Mi Rae!" Your bestfriend squeeled. " Was the dinner ok?" Jee Sun asked.

 

"  Yeah. I guess." You lied. Jee Sun could tell that you were lying to her. So she smacked the back of your head. And you screamed.

 

" Ohhhh... What was that for?" You whined while you rubbed the back of your head.

 

" I know your lying to me. Now tell me the truth... what's wrong?" Jee Sun asked, giving you a serious face.  You didn't answer, you stayed mute.

 

" Oh. I know what will cheer you up." She said with a cute smile on her face.

 

" What is it?" You asked.

 

" I'll put B.A.P music on. That will do it."

 

" No." You told Jee Sun. " Why? Don't you want to see Yongguk? Don't you want to listen  to him ra-"

 

" NO! no.. I'm not a fan of his no more." You cut of Jee Sun. Jee Sun eyes widened. She was shocked at what you just said. She couldn't believe that the girl who was the biggest fan of Yongguk actually said that.

 

" Oh No! Are you sick Mi Rae?" Jee Sun said worried feeling your forehead. You smacked her hand of your forehead gently. " I'm not. I'll be heading back home." You said. You forgot the reason why you came over Jee Sun house. " Why are you leaving so soon." Jee Sun asked.

 

You ignored her question, waved goodbye and left. *  Why do I feel so weak?* You sighed.

 

You walked and walked trying to go home.. until...you saw an familiar figure. You squited your eyes to see who it was.

 

 

Your heart started to pound. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* Is that.... Yongguk?*