Chapter 24

Step Siblings

"Wow..Mi Rae. You must really like ice cream." Daehyun laughed. "Oh." You sheepishly said, blushing a bit, making everyone but Yongguk laugh. But, a smile slightly lingered on Yongguk's lips that no one noticed it.

 

"It looks like Mi Rae and Yongguk has the same type of ice cream." Jongup spoke, as everyone stared at you and Yongguk. 

 

"It's my favorite flavor!" You and Yongguk squealed in unison. Then, rapidly, you two looked at each other with a shocking look on your faces, then quickly looked away.

 

*She's blushing? There's nothing to blush about. It's only ice cream.* Zelo jealously thought, as he gazed at you. 

 

*Mi Rae looks different from when I saw her at the wedding. She still looks ravishing even without makeup and a dress on.* Zelo thought, as he blushed. When Zelo thinks about you, he just chuckles, or blushes to himself. He thought it was weird honestly but he loves the feeling he has whenever he hears your name, better yet whenever he sees your face.

 

"Hows your ice cream Jee Sun?" Jongup asked Jee Sun. Jee Sun smiled as she put her thumbs up. "It tastes great. I think it tastes better than before because you bought it for me." Jee Sun squealed, making the table laugh. *She's funny, and odd. Definitely my type.* Jongup mentally said as he continued to gaze at Jee Sun her ice cream, with his chin resting upon his palm.

 

There were ice cream on the corner of your lips. You didn't notice it, no one noticed it, but Yongguk himself did. Every time he looked at your direction, his eyes were drawn to your lips. *Would she clean that already..* Yongguk mentally said with annoyance. You not noticing it, seemed  kind of funny to Yongguk. He started to chuckle to himself, when Zelo noticed him laughing. "What's so funny?" Zelo whispered to Yongguk, as he followed where Yongguk's eyes were set on. Zelo then looked at your lips, seeing the ice cream. * I should probably wipe it off.* Yongguk mentally thought as he took an napkin from the table, stood up and tried to reach for your face when Zelo took over.

 

*What?!* Yongguk shockingly thought. Zelo wiping your lips, was overwhelming for you, and was so fast for Yongguk. Yongguk just stared at Zelo laughing, and wiping your lips. *He knew I was reaching to wipe her lips. I know he knows..Anyways, why do I care. Zelo..I know he likes her, and she likes him. I don't care, I'm just a brother trying to help a stupid sister out.* Yongguk thought feeling annoyed.

 

"You have ice cream on your lips." Zelo laughed as he was cleaning it off for you. "Oh. T-thank you." You sheepishly said, with a smile lingering on your lips. *That's embarrassing.* You laughed to yourself.

 

You all had fun. Himchan and Jongup were cracking jokes. You all were laughing, goofing around. Just having so much fun. "Well. I should get going, there's a project I have to finish for school tomorrow." Jee Sun sighed. She was sad that she was leaving, but she believes that she will be seeing more of B.A.P. "Aigoo. See you tomorrow." You said sadly as you guys hugged each other. "Bye." The B.A.P members said in unison.

 

"Bye. See you guys next time." Jee Sun happily said as she left. "I guess all of us needs to head home. Mi Rae I'm pretty sure you think we stink. We've been dancing, practicing, and sweating." Youngjae honestly spoke. "No No No...Okay, maybe a little." You said making them laugh.

 

"Alright then, I and Jongup will stay and eat more ice cream!" Himchan childishly squealed. "Yongguk, you should walk Mi Rae home." Daehyun suggested. Knowing, that himself and you would be alone in the house, Yongguk didn't want to go home early. He thought it would be awkward. "Nah! I think I'll just stay with Jongup and Himchan." Yongguk spoke, it made you feel bad a bit. *He must really not like me. Anyway, I dislike him too.* You convinced yourself.

 

"Ani! Don't worry. I'll walk home by myself. It'll be fine." You spoke, as you forced a smile on your face. You tried to leave the ice cream shop, but you felt a strong grip on your wrist. You looked back seeing Zelo. "Oh..What is it?" You sheepishly asked.

 

"I'll walk you home." Zelo said. " No it's f-"

 

"Please, it's my choice." Zelo cut you off. You nodded your head 'yes' and walked out the door with Zelo following behind. 

 

"Why didn't you go with Mi Rae?" Jongup questioned Yongguk.

 

"I don't want to talk about it." Yongguk answered as he looked away.

 

"Yeah..Why are you hanging with us if all you're going to do is just sit there?" Himchan added.

 

"Aish! Our parents are on a vacation. It'll be weird for us to be home alone." Yongguk sighed, making Himchan and Jongup to burst out laughing. "Yah! What!" Yongguk pouted.

 

"You're cheeks." Himchan laughed as he pinched Yongguk's red cheeks.

 

"It's red, you're blushing." Jongup finished.

 

"What's going on in your little erted head of yours?" Jongup joked making Himchan to laugh really hard. Yongguk smacked the back of Jongup and Himchan's head.

 

"Ouchie.." They both pout in unison.

 

"I'm not erted like you two. I and Mi Rae just had a disagreement yesterday, I just don't feel like being in a house with her." Yongguk angrily spoke as he sighed.

 

Himchan and Jongup looked at each other and shook their heads as they burst out laughing again.

 

"Yeah right!" They squealed in unison, making Yongguk furious.

 

"Aish!!! You guys act like kids." Yongguk roared as Jongup and Himchan high five each other.

 

~**~

 

As you and Zelo was walking, you guys didn't say a single word to one another. It was dead silence. 

 

*What should I say? It's awkwardly quiet..* Zelo mentally thought as he gazed at you. He couldn't stop himself from looking at you. You're long hair flowing in the slight wind, made you look even more beautiful, at least that's what Zelo thought.

 

You felt awkward as well. You just felt an odd aura that you didn't like at all. So you tried to break the stillness.

 

"Did you and Yongguk-"

 

"How long have-"

 

" Sorry you go first."

 

"No you."

 

You and Zelo kept talking at the same time, which made you both to giggle.

 

"Ladies first." Zelo joked, forming a smile on your face.

 

"I was asking if you and Yongguk made up yet. I'm sorry I know it was my fault." You apologized as you bowed apolitically. "Hey hey hey... Don't EVER say it's your fault. You did nothing, Yongguk was just being Yongguk." Zelo spoke. 

 

"Well if you're really that worried, don't need to be cause we made up this morning." Zelo added. "Oh that's good." You replied.

 

"We have to cross this street real quick, then we'll be almost there." You spoke as Zelo shook his head. You and Zelo quickly crossed the street when a car was driving near you.

 

"Mi Rae!" Zelo roared as he grabbed your hand, getting you out the way.

 

"You need to be more careful!" Zelo angrily roared. You could tell he was really angry by the tone of his voice, and by the look on his face. "Sorry!" You rapidly said, as you looked away.

 

"Look..I'm sorry. I was just worried, didn't mean to yell at you." Zelo apologized. He looked embarrassed. "It's Fine! You're a good person." You laughed. Zelo saw that smile on your face that he had always admired about you. When you smile like that, it brightens his day. "You're a good person too." Zelo said as you guys continued to walk home, and also hold hands without your and his knowledge. 

 

You two were talking about a lot of things. You two were laughing, having a blast. You were starting to get comfortable with Zelo, and him with you. You started to feel like he could be actually one of your closes friend in your life. 

 

"Wow! I'm home already, that's fast." You said. You and Zelo was chatting, and chatting that you guys felt like it was a quick walk to your house, when it took you like 20 minutes to get home.

 

"So this is where you live?" Zelo questioned. "Um..Yeah." You answered. "Now I can come visit you...oh! And Yongguk." Zelo sheepishly said as he rubbed the back of his neck out of embarrassment.

 

"Yes! Feel free." You happily said as you and Zelo giggled, still you guys are holding hands without you knowing it. "Bye!" You both said in unison.

 

Finally..

 

You and Zelo noticed you guys were holding hands. You both looked at the collided hands that were in front of you two, then you both began to blush and giggle out of the blue.

 

"Oh! Sorry!" You both yelled as you two quickly removed your hands away from each other. You two turned two shades of red. 

 

"See you next time!" Zelo said as he was still red, laughing awkwardly.

 

"See you!" You squealed and walked forward to your door.

 

" Mi Rae!"

 

You heard Zelo's voice, so you turned back seeing him. "Bands Against Bands are on in two days. I hope you're watching it." Zelo smiled and walked off.

 

* I'll watch it! I wouldn't miss that show for the world.* You mentally squealed and walked in the house with a smile on your face.

 

~**~

 

One hour went by. Himchan and Jongup are finally full of ice cream.

 

"Aigoo! I will never eat again." Himchan whined as he was rubbing his full stomach.

 

"Chincha! I think I will explode. Tell my family I love them!" Jongup pouted making Yongguk chuckle. "I told you guys to stop eating ice cream. Remember last time you guys did that, you had to get your stomach pumped." Yongguk spoke.

 

"Yeah..Yeah. Don't remind us." Jongup angrily said.

 

"I'm going home. I want to lay on my tummy." Himchan pouted. "Same here." Jongup cried, as the two struggled to leave the store. They were both whining, crying, and walking like pregnant women. *Kids..* Yongguk mentally laughed. "Great..Now I have no choice but to go home." Yongguk mumbled to himself as he too left the ice cream shop and headed home.

 

~**~

 

You're stomach began to growl. You didn't feel like cooking up something to eat, but you had to. You were hungry.

 

You only thought of making your own dinner, till you thought of Yongguk. *Wouldn't he be hungry by the time he comes home? I should cook for him as well right?* You mentally questioned yourself. You began  to cook not only for yourself, but for Yongguk as well. You loved the smell of the food you were making. It made you even more hungry. You didn't know if you should wait till Yongguk comes home, then eat, or just eat without him. 

 

You finally finished cooking. You set the table for Yongguk. *Hopefully, he'll be home soon.* You mentally said as you heard the front door open. "That's probably him." You mumbled unto yourself.

 

"What smells good?" Yongguk said unto himself. He went into the kitchen seeing you. You looked back cause you heard footsteps behind you. You saw Yongguk, and you both had your moment of silence. All you two did was to stare at one another, not saying a single word.

 

"Here's your food." You said breaking the awkward silence. "O-oh thanks. I was starting to get hungry." Yongguk said as he sat at the dinner table. You didn't know if you should eat with him, or eat somewhere else. "S-sorry about how I reacted yesterday.." You choked on your words. You felt like Yongguk was still upset about yesterday. All he did was to mug you, then continued with his food. *I guess I'll just eat in my room.* You thought as you took your food and head up to your room. Yongguk watched you head upstairs. *This is good...she can cook.* Yongguk shockingly thought.

 

"Geez.. This is going to be a rough week." You sighed as your the television. You saw a ious episode of Bands against Bands on television. You watched many bands compete, then it was B.A.P turn to sing. You've already seen this episode, but you loved B.A.P so much that you didn't even give a dime if you watched it again.

 

They were singing no mercy. Yongguk was rapping his part on TV and your started to rap and sing loudly without you knowing it yourself. 

 

"Is she singing? That sounds like one of my songs." Yongguk spoke to himself, as he secretly head to your room and rested his ear on your bedroom door, listening to you rap and sing. It made him to laugh. *Aish..she can't sing.* Yongguk mentally joked as he continued to laugh. He then began to hear fumbling in your room. *Oh no. Don't tell me she's dancing.* Yongguk mentally chuckled. The song finished, and the host of the show was allowing the B.A.P members speak.

 

"Zelo..How do you feel about being the youngest kid of the band?" The host of the band questioned Zelo. "Haha. It's not easy. These guys are truly great. I just try to be more like them. Just trying to catch up with them." Zelo laughed. "Yeah. I think he already has." Yongguk spoke as he ruffled Zelo's hair. "That's Yongguk mini buddy." Daehyun laughed. "You know it." Yonnguk laughed.

 

You laughed. "Their pretty funny." You laughed among yourself. "Zelo's adorable." You added.

 

"What? Did she just say.  Zelo is adorable?" Yongguk spoke. The show ended and you were leaving your room to use the bathroom. Yongguk still stood there behind the door, still thinking about what you said about Zelo. You opened the door seeing Yongguk. Seeing him right their made you jump. "Yah..You creep!" You roared. "I'm the creep!?" Yongguk yelled back. "Yes.Why are you snooping?" You questioned. "I wasn't snooping, who would want to stalk you. I just heard your horrible voice downstairs, I thought someone died or something." Yongguk brutally spoke. You quickly covered your mouth with your hands. *Great! He heard me. Another embarrassing thing, how amusing.* You mentally pouted. "Zelo is cute!" Yongguk mocked you. "Maybe you two should just go out!" Yongguk roared. "What are you complaining about. Are you still mad about yesterday! I said that I was sorry. Or are you mad because you think Zelo took my side?" You argued. "I'm not mad nor jealous." Yongguk roared back. "Then what are you mad about!" You angrily spoke.

 

"I don't know!" Yongguk roared as he walked away from you. 

 

*He doesn't know?* You mentally said. "He's so odd." You sighed as you went to the bathroom. 

 

It started to rain badly. Good thing you and Yongguk were home already. *Please no thunder storms or lightening. Please none of them!* You screamed in your thoughts. You were horrified of thunderstorms and lightening. If they were to happen you didn't know what to do. Yongguk was down stairs watching TV, and you were just in your room studying. Then..you heard a lightening strike. You yelped, and tried to convince yourself that it was nothing. The lightening again, but louder this time. You being so scared ran downstairs. You heard even louder thunderstorms and began to yell.

 

"Aish..What's her problem?" Yongguk asked himself. "Yongguk!" You yelled out of fear. You had a bad experience with thunderstorms when you were little, so you couldn't be alone right now. "What?" Yongguk spoke with annoyance. You heard an even louder noise than before. You ran to Yongguk and sat right beside him, having a strong grip around his arm. It was fast. Yongguk didn't know what to do. "You're hurting me." He sighed. "Sorry..I'm sorry. I'm frightened of thunderstorms." You cried. Yongguk looked over to you seeing you look so hopeless like a scared little puppy. It was kinda cute for him. Yongguk sighed and looked the other way. "This is the only time that I will let you hold me like this again." He brutally spoke. "Fine!" You yelped.

 

Then...

 

The power shut off. Nothing but darkness filled the room. "Yongguk!" You cried. "Shh..Don't worry." Yongguk tried to calm you down. *This is a pain in the neck.* Yongguk mentally sighed.


Author's note:

 Sorry for the lame chapter 

o.O lol it'll get better hopefully. ^-^ thx for reading.