Chapter 31

Step Siblings

Thump-ba..Thump-ba..Thump-ba. Your heart raced. You couldn't believe that Yongguk lips crashed into yours. After some minutes..you two stopped kissing. He pulled away from you and looked at you with his face red as ever. "I-I umm.." You stuttered. You didn't know what to say at all.

 

*What should I do? Does she feel awkward about this? Aish, what have I done..* Yongguk mentally asked himself. You tried to say something to break the silence but Yongguk cut you off.

 

"D-Don't get the wrong idea alright?" Yongguk said with confidence.

 

You were confused. You didn't know what he was talking about.

 

"Eh?" You said.

 

"Don't get the wrong Idea." He said again with a chuckle. 

 

"The only reason why I kissed you was because you were crying. Ha! I guess it worked. You stopped crying didn't you?" Yongguk bitterly said as he wiped his mouth with his hand.

 

Hearing him say that, and seeing him wipe his lips broke you down. You were too heartbroken to speak.

 

"W-what the hell?" You mumbled unto yourself. *I should've known. He's just heartless. He's a player. A jerk. An idiot. A deep voiced freak! How could he play with my emotions like that?* You mentally said. 

 

You wanted to show how brave you was. You didn't want to shed another tear for him. 

 

You saw him as a monster, a fool, and a joker. You wanted to stop the feelings and emotions you had for him. 

 

You spit on the ground repeatedly.

 

And wiped your lips.

 

"You're not a good kisser.." You said with a harsh tone. You picked up your share of  groceries and walked off. *That kiss..was a waste of my time.* You tried to make yourself believe that thought.

 

Yongguk watched you walk off and sighed. *That'll do. I guess we'll go back to normal? Hopefully.* He thought. As he picked his groceries and walked home.

 

~**~

You knocked on the door. No one opened it.

 

You knocked.

 

Knocked.

 

Knocked harder.

 

Knocked Louder.

 

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" You tried to kick the door down but you ended up kicking your dad in the knee because he finally opened the door.

 

"AISH! My Knee MI RAE." Your father screamed in pain. You bowed apologetically and walked in the house.

 

"Where's Yongguk?" Your step mother asked.

 

"Don't know and don't care.." You replied.

 

"What!? How was the shopping then?" Your step mother asked again.

 

You gave her the same reply. 

 

"Don't know and don't care." 

 

You set the grocery in the kitchen and went upstairs in your room.

 

"Good!" You mumbled, slipping your shoes off in your room. "For!" You slammed the door. "Nothing" You picked up a rubber ball. "JERK!" You threw the ball at the poster of Yongguk that was surprisingly still up your wall. You thought mean things of Yongguk. You were raging with anger.

 

*How could he play with me like that? Am I some toy? Does he hate me that much?* Questions after questions ran through your mind.

 

"How stupid am I? I-I should've known. Yongguk is just  bastard. He likes Ae-Cha, not me. In Fact..he hates me." You kept talking to yourself as tears began to run down your cheeks slowly. "He stole my first kiss. My first kiss that meant nothing to him..but something to me.."

 

"Why do I care anyway? He's just my step brother? W-why do I bother? Why did he kiss me in the first place? Why did I even kiss back? Why. Why. WHY!" You bothered yourself with questions and questions. You laid on your bed, replaying the kiss of you and Yongguk in your head.

 

~**~

Yongguk made his way home. He saw that the front door was slightly opened so he walked in.

 

"Why didn't you two come home together?" His mother asked.

 

"I-It doesn't matter..." Yongguk replied. He seemed down. "What's the matter with you son? You seem upset." His mother spoke again, coming closer to Yongguk. She felt his forehead to see if he caught a cold or something.

 

"Did you guys get into another argument?" His worried mother asked another question.

 

"Mom! Do you need to know everything?!" He raised his voice, and walked off. Leaving his mother there speechless and confused.

 

"What happened between those two?" She asked herself, as she went back to her husband, resting beside him.

 

"I thought they'll start to like each other by now.." Your father spoke.

 

"R-right. I don't know why they dislike each other that badly." The mother replied as she shook her head.

 

~**~

As Yongguk passed by your room, he heard cries. 

 

"I'm stupid." 

 

"No. He's stupid."

 

Yongguk heard your voice. 

 

*Is she crying? Did I make her cry? Is she crying because I kissed her, and told her that it meant nothing?* Thoughts ran through Yongguk's head. He wanted to walk in your room. He reached for the door knob, but pulled his hand back. 

 

He remembered that faithful day that you yelled at him for almost stepping into your room.

 

"She'll probably kill me.." He mumbled and walked off into his room, with his hands in his pockets. You two stood inside your room, till you both fell asleep.

 

~**~

It was the following morning.  You and Yongguk got ready for school, and ate breakfast. 

 

You two didn't dare to say a word to one another.

 

*Ugh! Look at him. He can't even say a simple good morning to me. Hmph~!* You mentally said with anger.

 

*Jeez! This girl can hold a grudge. She can't even say a simple good morning to me. Aish!* Yongguk mentally said as well. The both of you rushed out the door at the same time, rushing angrily to the bus stop.

 

As you two were walking, they'll be sometimes Yongguk took quick glances at you. And you took quick ones at him. 

 

"What are you looking at!" You both roared at the same time. 

 

"Not you!" Again you both said in unison.

 

"Don't talk to me." You spoke bitterly. "Y-y-you don't talk to me either." Yongguk stuttered and looked away, hiding his embarrassed/upset/frustrated face expression.

 

You and Yongguk made it to the bus stop. It took a while for the bus to arrive, but it was on time. There were barely any seats again as usual. You and Yongguk were struggling, looking for seats. Until..you both spy two seats that are beside each other. *God are you trying to punish me?* You cried mentally. Those seats were the only seats left on the bus. What more could you do?

 

*This is a living hell..* Yongguk mentally sighed.

 

You both sat beside each other, looking opposite directions of one another. You rested your hand on the space that was between you and Yongguk. Unknowingly, Yongguk rested his left hand on top of yours.

 

When he felt the  touch of your hand, he jumped and stared at the ground as if nothing had happened.

 

"Mianhe." He apologized. 

 

Again your heart started to race. You gazed at him and looked away. Staring and touching the right hand he had touched.  *God Mi Rae! Get a hold of yourself!* You tried to convince yourself, slightly hitting your head with your fist repeatedly.

 

Yongguk stared at you as if you've gone mad. *What the hell is her problem?* He mentally questioned. You turned to look at him. You just couldn't stand his face anymore. You rolled your eyes and your teeth at him. "What?!" You barked. 

 

He gazed at you, and took a quick glance at your lips. Quickly he turned his head, facing the other direction of you. *When am I getting off this bus..* You and Yongguk complained mentally.

 

~**~

"Finally!~" You squealed and jumped. You've never been so happy to get off the bus before. After some awkward quiet moments with Yongguk, the bus have finally arrived to your school.

 

You rushed off the bus, pushing and bumping anyone that was in your way. 

 

"Sorry" You bowed, and bumped into another person.

 

"Sorry:" Bowed again.

 

"Sorry" You said for the tenth time and bowed for the twentieth time. 

 

Yongguk tried to keep himself from chuckling, but couldn't help it. He chuckled and watched you bump into people after people, bowing and apologizing here and there. "This kid..so clumsy.." He muttered unto himself, walking off the bus.

 

"Mi Rae!!!" Jee Sun squealed your name as she ran over to you and hugged you tightly. "Aigoo..do you really have to do this every time you see me?" You said, slightly chuckling and hugged her back.

 

"How was..you know what." Jee Sun said, wiggling her eyebrows as she gazed at Yongguk, which made you to look at him as well. 

 

"Forget about it." You growled, walking out on Jee Sun.

 

"Yaahhh.." She whined as she ran after you.

 

"I'm ignoring you today, don't even bother to speak to me." You said, glaring at Jee Sun. You were upset with her because she's the one who gave your parents the idea of you and Yongguk shopping and doing things together.

 

"AIGOOO. Don't ignore meeeee~" She whined even louder, following you about in the school. 

 

*Aishhh! This girl* You mentally said as you continued to walk away from Jee Sun with Jee Sun herself lingering behind you.

 

~**~

"I missed you." Yongguk heard an familiar voice speaking behind him. He turned back and saw Ae-cha smirking.

 

"Ah..Ae-cha." He said as he continued to walk.

 

"You don't seem too surprised to see me." She chuckled as she rushed over to Yongguk's side. "Because I'm not." He gave her a quick simple answer that made Ae-cha stop walking. *Why is he so cold?* Ae-cha cried mentally, watching Yongguk walk into the school. 

 

She smirked. "I'm not giving up. Never!" She rushed into the school, running after Yongguk.

 

"Yongguk oppa! Hold up will ya!" Ae-cha yelped.

 

~**~

Class started. 

 

It was an ordinary class as usual. Yongguk and Jae are passing notes, laughing and playing around. Cracking jokes.

 

You are actually trying to ignore Yongguk, paying attention to your Language Arts teacher teach.

 

Every chuckle you heard from Yongguk annoyed the hell out of you. You just couldn't stand the fact that he's in the same room with you.

 

"Starting tomorrow class, we will be reading Romeo and Juliet. So..let's assign parts today!" Your teacher excitedly said while the whole class moaned and pouted. 

 

"Raise your hand if you want to be Romeo." The teacher spoke, but no one rose their hand. The class was quiet as ever. All you could hear was Yongguk and Jae laughing behind you. "Shut up already.." You muttered lowly as you covered your ears, and shut your eyes.

 

"Hm..okay..? Who wants to be Juliet?" The teacher asked. Yet, no reply. She nodded her head and brought out a bucket. "I knew this would happen..therefore, destiny will decide for you all. Close your eyes and pick out a piece of paper from this bucket." The teacher explained.

 

"Dang it!" A student roared.

 

"What of I get a bad part..I should've rose my hand!!" Another student cried.

 

The teacher went from student to student. 

 

"I wonder who will have Juliet and Romeo." 

 

"Me too!"

 

"I'm the nurse!"

 

"Ha! I'm Capulet."

 

"Really? I'm Capulet's wife" Your classmates were conversing. Then..it was your turn to pick from the bucket. You said a quick prayer, and gulped. *Please not Juliet or anyone who is in a relationship with another person!* You mentally said quickly. You reached your hand into the bucket, taking out a piece of paper.

 

You slowly opened your eyes, and slowly opened the small piece of paper with your heart pounding like crazy. 

 

-Juliet

 

Your eyes widened. *WHY ME!* You roared mentally.

 

You listened to every person's conversation. *It seems like no one got the role of Romeo yet..* You mentally said. 

 

"Yongguk, it's your turn! Close your eyes and pick." Your teacher said to Yongguk. 

 

"Nae~" Yongguk said, nodding his head. He picked his and then Jae picked his after Yongguk.

 

"Yo Jae! Who did you get?" You overheard Yongguk ask Jae.

 

"Man I got Benvolio. Who did you get?" Jae asked.

 

"Guess." Yongguk laughed.

 

"Man just tell me..aish Montague?" Jae guessed, chuckling.

 

"Dude..you at guessing..I got Romeo." Yongguk laughed. "Romeo! Wow, who's the lucky Juliet?" Jae gasped. "I don't even know...but she better be hot." Yongguk joked, making Jae laugh like crazy. "Yongguk, love comes from the inside..not from the outside.." Jae tried to be serious but busted out laughing. "Yeah right! She has to be hot." Jae and Yongguk said in unison.

 

"Hell"

 

"No!"  You roared without yourself noticing. "Mi Rae! Language please!" Your teacher barked. "Mianhe!" You apologized. "Can we switch roles?" You asked. "Nope! It's your faith to have that character. No trading!"

 

"Aiiissshh!!!" You growled, hitting your head with your fist again. *Huh? She's hitting herself again..What's her problem?* Yongguk mentally said, staring at you.

 

"Alrighty! All done! Does everyone have a part!?" The teacher questioned you and your classmates. "Yes!" The class answered in unison. "Okay! So when I call on your name, I want you to say your role. Min Hee!"

 

"Montague's wife ma'am!" Min Hee answered. "Thank you." The teacher thanked.

 

"Shin Cho!"

 

"Tybalt ma'am." Shin Cho answered. 

 

Your teacher called on every student, until it was your turn. "Mi Rae!" 

 

"..Juliet..Ma'am." You answered. 

 

"She's Juliet?" Yongguk whispered to Jae, although you could still hear him. "Y-yeah..wow..your sister dude." Jae replied. "Step! Sister.." Yongguk corrected. "Right." Jae nodded. 

 

You rolled your eyes. *As if I want to be your Juliet. Tch* You mentally growled.  *Great..* Yongguk mentally said. 

 

"Yongguk!"

 

Before Yongguk could answer, he sighed. "Romeo..Ma'am." 

 

Yongguk looked over to you to see your reaction. But, you showed no signs or emotion, after all, you already knew Yongguk was Romeo.

 

People talked about how you and Yongguk are going to be lovers in the roleplay. 

 

People gossiped. Gossiped. And gossiped. It didn't seem to bother Yongguk, but it did bother you. You got up and slammed your hands on the desk. "Does it really matter that I'm Juliet and my idiot of a brother is Romeo!? After all, we're not blood siblings. We didn't come out from the same womb. It's nothing but a stupid story!" You roared. Then..the bell rang for you to go on to the next class. Yongguk gazed at you, then looked away, leaving the classroom with Jae to go to his next class.

 

The classroom was empty. No one but you and your Language arts teacher was in the room. "I don't know what's wrong with you today Mi Rae..but that type of behavior is uncalled for." Your teacher angrily spoke. You nodded and bowed apologetically. "I'm sorry..It will never happen again." 

 

"I hope so." Your teacher accepted your apology, as you got your books and left for your next class.

 

~**~

Math class was a bore, but you got through it. The bell rang for lunch time. You went to your locker to get your lunch. After you got your lunch, you shut your locker seeing Jee Sun. 

 

She was scratching her nape, looking guilty as ever. "Mi Rae..I'm sorry. Please don't stay mad at me." Jee Sun begged as you walked out on her. You then remembered how fun it was to go shopping with Yongguk. You began to think to yourself that it wasn't Jee Sun's fault, but Yongguk's. The anger you had for Yongguk, you took it out on Jee Sun. You turned back, seeing Jee Sun hanging her head so low. 

 

You walked over to her.

 

"Jee Sun..I'm sorry. It's not your fault. It was never your fault." You apologized, hugging her. "No no! It was! I shouldn't have gave your parents that id-" Jee Sun said before you cut her off. "No..You were being a friend. Everything went well...till.." You said but stopped talking. You didn't want to remember nor talk about that painful day. "Till what?" Jee Sun asked, tilting her head. "N-nothing.." You replied, turning your head away. 

 

"EH!? Come on Mi Rae..You have to tell me what happened. Remember, no secrets between us!" Jee Sun convinced you. "Fine..C-can we not eat with MinJin and NuHyun today? So I can tell you the whole story from the beginning to the end?" You asked Jee Sun. "S-sure. What ever floats your boat. Come on, I know a place where we can eat and talk." Jee Sun said, grabbing your hands. She took you to this bench that was outside. You were a bit worried because Yongguk and his friends and also Ae-cha and her friends were eating outside together. "No one will hear us, so don't worry, nae?" Jee Sun said with a sympathetic smile. You smiled back and nodded.

 

You told Jee Sun everything that happened. How you saw Zelo, how Zelo gave you his number. Even how Yongguk had that picture of you and him in his wallet. You told her everything. But then, when it came to the part where Yongguk crushed your heart, you started to break down and cry. But you crying didn't stop you from telling the story. 

 

"So..Yongguk kissed you.." Jee Sun muttered. "Nae.." You nodded your head yes. "And he didn't mean it at all.." She said. "Nae." You said again, nodding your head. "And..He said he kissed you just to shut you up.." Jee Sun spoke again, practically re-telling the story over again which annoyed you a bit. "Yes Yes! Jee Sun." You roared as you buried your face in your hands, crying.

 

 

"I-I can't b-believe he did that to you..And it's your first kiss!" Jee Sun stuttered in anger. "Y-yeah..please don't do anything." You begged Jee Sun. Knowing Jee Sun for years, you knew that she'll do something stupid. She has been always there for you and you for her. "DON'T DO ANYTHING. Mi Rae Hell no! That guy has to be taught a lesson!" Jee Sun roared as she got up, going over to Yongguk. You dragged her back, telling and screaming at her to leave Yongguk alone. But she didn't listen. *There's no hope..* You left her and hid behind a bush, watching Jee Sun do another crazy thing as usual.

 

"Yongguk!" Jee Sun roared making a scene. *Maybe I shouldn't say anything..what of people makes fun of Mi Rae for being kissed by a jerk who didn't even care for her...and people will just praise Yongguk even more. Aish..this is just so complicated.* Jee Sun mentally said. "What is it Jee Sun?" Yongguk asked. "Tch.." Jee Sun her teeth, eyed Yongguk and walked away.

 

"What the heck was that about?" Yongguk asked his friends.

 

"Don't mind her Yongguk...She's a nobody." Ae-cha said bitterly. Jee Sun heard the comment Ae-cha said. She stopped walking and turned around. "A nobody!?" Jee Sun roared. "Ae-cha I've had it up to here with your comments! I'm not going to take it anymore! The only reason why people kisses your feet and bows down to you is because they're either idiots, you pay them, or you're just a hoe. You will flirt with any guy you see, and I'm sorry but Yongguk is not the guy for you! You're nothing but a brat..a !" Jee Sun said. She walked off, leaving Ae-cha speechless. 

 

Yongguk and Jae were laughing. Ae-cha quickly looked over to them, which made them to stop laughing. "Yongguk! Say something. You guys do something!" Ae-cha complained. "Sorry..I think you deserved that." Yongguk honestly spoke. "What!" Ae-cha roared. "Yeah I think you did. You've been picking on her since sophomore year." Jae added.

 

"I can't believe you guys!" Ae-cha yelled as she smacked her hands on the table. *If that girl thinks that I'm going to let this go pass by, then she has another thing coming.* Ae Cha bitterly thought as she left the table. Her friends lingered behind her. 

 

Jee Sun walked back over to you, dusting her hands. "It's about time someone told her the truth about herself." Jee Sun smirked. You ran and hugged her, then smacked her head with your lunchbox. "Yah! Are you crazy!" You roared. "If crazy means to stand up for yourself to a brat like Ae Cha, then yeah..I'm crazy" Jee Sun answered your question that brought a smile to your face.

 

"Thanks." You thanked Jee Sun. "For what exactly?" She asked, she was confused in why you thanked her. She didn't think she did anything for you. "For not bothering Yongguk about that situation, you know." You smiled. "Oh yeaahh..Don't worry, I won't do anything or say anything to him, nae?" Jee Sun said. *Yeah right! Don't do anything my foot!* Jee Sun mentally said. 

 

~**~

It was almost time for the bell to ring for class. You went to class early as usual, and Jee Sun walked you to your class. "Bye Mi Rae!~" Jee Sun squealed. You giggled and said your goodbyes as well.

 

As Jee Sun was walking to her class, she saw Yongguk..alone. "Let me give him a piece of my mind." Jee Sun muttered unto herself, lifting her sleeves up, and dropping her books on the ground. She ran over to Yongguk with anger.

 

"Yo Yongguk!" Jee Sun roared angrily. Yongguk turned around, seeing Jee Sun. The minute Yongguk turned around, Jee Sun had gave him a dirty slap, a slap so hard that Ae Cha heard it down the hall way. She rushed to where she heard the slap, finding Jee Sun and Yongguk. She quickly hid behind a wall to watch what was actually going on. *Did Jee Sun just hit Yongguk?*

 

Yongguk touched his cheek that was just slapped. "What the hell was that fo-" Yongguk spoke before he was cut off by Jee Sun. "Oh don't act like you don't know why I slapped you!" Jee Sun angrily barked. Yongguk shrugged. "I don't know what you're talking about." He said, starting to get furious. "Mi Rae..You kissed Mi Rae! You told her that it meant nothing when it's her first kiss! That's very valuable to her, and you just took it away without a care. Y-you're such a jerk." Jee Sun nagged about. She started to break down, with tears slowly filling her eyes. When it comes to you, she doesn't play games. She loves you so much.

 

Jee Sun rose her hand again, getting ready to slap Yongguk once more, but she stopped herself. She eyed him and walked off.

 

"Yongguk..Mi Rae..kissed?" Ae Cha became speechless and furious. "No..No! No! No! How..why. Why would she be kissed by Yongguk instead of me..even if it didn't mean anything. I'm the one wh deserves to be kissed by him." Ae Cha growled. She then snapped her fingers. "I have to do something..fast." She said before going to her own class.

 

*F-first kiss? Meaning that she had never kissed anyone before... Is that why Mi Rae is all upset?* Yongguk thought to himself. He then brought out his wallet, looking at the picture of you and himself. "W-what to d-do now.." He mumbled, gazing at the photo.


Author's Note: 

Hey guys!! I know that I haven't updated for like months but I apologize. Some of you guys were asking me to update in comments and also messaging me to update. Honestly I felt bad, sorry again! I'll try my best as an authors to update every week. I'm thinking of updating every Wednesdays and Saturdays! How about that? Well I hope you liked this chapter. Please comment! I wanna know what you guys think about today's chapter. Bye!