BORN TO BE♡

BORN TO BE♡

 

CHAPTER 5

 

We are Born to Beat! Annyeonghasseyo!” ~ wait what, you turned your back and your eyes widened to your surprise. It was BTOB standing and smiling right in front of you. Without you noticing, your tears started to fall. Then you started to do endless bowing while saying “Hello”.

 

Changsub then walks in closer to you and said “Look at her face! She’s looks really ugly while crying right?” then he laughs while trying to stop you from your endless bowing. “Stop bowing, you’ll have a headache if you don’t.” he said still laughing at you, then other BTOB members laughs.

 

‘”You two really looked like you’ve known each other for long.” Hyunsik said smiling.

 

“Yes. We knew each other for long. Right sasaeng?” Changsub said grinning then looked at you.

 

“Huh? No. We just met yesterday right.” you said wiping your tears and smile.

 

“We were about to know each other for 48hrs. Isn’t that long?” he said laughing.

 

Your eyes just widened and laughed.

 

“Ah! You were really clever hyung” Sungjae said laughing.

 

“Maybe this time, you want to introduce yourself?” Changsub looked at you raising his eyebrows.

 

“Yes. Sorry.” you paused for a while then “Born to Beat! Annyeonghaseyo! Chonnun ___ imnida!” you bow and smile.

 

“We got a new member!” Eunkwang said with his usual loud voice and laugh. “You’re cute! Ke-ke.” he said once again.

 

Then they all come closer to you then shake your hands. “BTOB is really nice” you thought yourself.

 

“Come! We will introduce you to other k-idols.” Peniel said while he motioned to guide you the way.

 

It was really a dream come true for you. Though some wasn’t on your list, at least you were able to meet idols personally, got the rare opportunity to touch their hands, have their autographs and have a picture with them.

 

***

“Eunkwang hyung, I wouldn’t go home with you. I will send her home since I brought her here.” Changsub said.

 

“Okay. You two take care.” Eunkwang smiles at you then shake your hands once again “it was really nice to meet you. Hope to meet you again soon!” he bows then get inside the van. Other BTOB members waving you goodbye then finally the van leaves.

 

“Why you didn’t go with them? I will be fine. I managed to go here alone therefore I can go back home alone. You have done a lot for me now. It was really too much, I don’t know how I can pay you back.” you looked to Changsub while saying these words.

 

”You should have said that before the van leaves so that I can still ride with them home.” he said then followed by his evil laughing.

 

“I am sorry. Yea you’re right. I should have…” then he interrupts you.

 

“Why you were so serious? I am kidding. Saying sorry isn’t the last option. Well, about paying me back. Why don’t you just treat me with something to drink?” he said to you smiling.

 

You smiled and said “Coffee?”  he just give you his cute smile and head off the way. You two just walked silently. “Why is he so nice to me? If he continued to be this way, it will be hard for me to leave Korea. My feelings have grown strong. Like, I wasn’t just a fan” you thought yourself.

 

***

 

Changsub then stopped walking. “Hmm, this coffee shop seems to offer something new. Come! Let’s try it!” he said. You just nod and follow his way inside the shop. He finds the seat for you two. “Here, by the window. So we can enjoy the view.” he smiled. “What do you want?” he asked.

 

“Uh. No, what do you want? I am the one to order.” you said with an insisting tone.

 

“You just seat there. You can pay me later.” he said.

 

“Uh. Okay. Hmm, anything. Just have my order same as yours.” you said.

 

“’Okay.” then Changsub went off straight the counter.

 

You stared blankly at the beautiful view. Then…

 

“Caramel macchiato?” Changsub said then have his seat in front of you.

 

“Thank You.” you smile and manage to ask him “how much do I have to pay you?”

 

“It’s for free.” he said. You were about to react when he said smiling “you don’t have to bother. Just enjoy the coffee the way I will enjoy it.”

 

The place then was filled with awkward silence. To avoid Changsub’s sight, after every sip at your coffee you will then turn to look at the window. Then sip, and then turn.

 

“Do you think it was hard to love me?” he then finally breaks the silence.

 

You coughed and said “Wh… Wha… What??” – you started to feel nervous. Different thoughts started to pop on your head. Like, “why did he ask me such question?”, “is it possible that he liked me?”, “isn’t 48 hrs was too fast to fall in love or even like someone”, “argh! So what? That’s why LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT exists”. All these different thoughts played in your mind.

 

“Uhm. No. Yea, I mean. Given that you are Lee Changsub, member of a South Korean popular boy band BTOB. Has an angelic-voice, can do the weirdest yet cute aegyo. It was not. Totally not. You’re lovable” Then you sip from your coffee again. “Why did you ask?” you finally manage to ask.

 

“I have something to confess you.” he then said seriously.

 

Your heart started to pound hardly. Cold sweats starting to form but then you try your best to act cool. “Hmm. It seems to be serious huh! What is it?” you then managed to ask. “Please tell me you like me. Please, please, please…” this thought playing on your mind repeatedly.

 

“Maybe at this time, you were wondering why am I acting weird in front of you…”

 

“You were always weird.” You interrupt but then Changsub has no reaction. “Ooops! I’m sorry. You are really serious. Please continue.” you said.

 

“I liked a girl. She was really like you; cute, innocent, sweet, funny and kind. I confessed to her like months ago. She told me that she also likes me. But never felt that she really did. I don’t know what to do. Thinking of her makes me feel broken. And I even saw her last time with another guy, they looked sweet. And she looks really happy.” Changsub said sadly.

 

Hearing all of Changsub’s confession, you feel broken. “So that’s the reason why he was so nice to me? He actually sees me as a different person, not as me; that I only exist under that girl’s shadow” you thought yourself. You felt like crying that moment, but you try not to burst out.

You picked your phone and act as if you have forgotten something. Then with shaky voice you said “Oh. I am sorry to hear that but I have to go. I almost forgot that I have something important to do. Let’s just talk about that some other day. Goodbye!” you immediately stood up and turn aback. When you were about to leave, Changsub also stood up.

 

“Wait. I’ll send you wherever you will go.” he said.

 

“No. I’m fine. I told you earlier I can go home alone! The best thing you can do is go to that lucky girl prove her that she is important to you. Yes, make her feel special like what you have made me feel today” then you started walking with your tears running down your face.