BORN TO BE♡

BORN TO BE♡

 

CHAPTER 1

 

“Oppa, you wait for me, okay? We will meet soon. Really really soon!”  You said smiling while holding a picture of Changsub.

 

“Here we go again!”  Your best friend said while laughing at you.

 

“What’s wrong with you?! Why don’t you just keep your busy with your own business!” you said angrily.

 

 “Oh! Easy there! I’m just kidding. Why so serious? I’m just concern that you might hurt yourself with all those delusion of yours.” She managed to say.

 

“I’ll tell you, you see this?” handing her Changsub’s picture “And all those boys in the poster at my room?! Each and every one of them, I will meet them all soon, PERSONALLY. MARK MY WORDS!”  you said with all confidence.

 

“Okay. You said so. Just don’t run to me crying because it doesn’t happen.”  She said.

 

“You just wait! Let’s go home!” you said then you grabbed her hands.

 

“Wait! What?! I thought we will go to the mall today?! There’s a super sale and we should not miss it!” she said to you angrily.

 

“No! We will go home straight! The exams are coming, we; I NEED TO STUDY!” you said.

 

What?! Exams are two weeks from now! Are you serious?!” she said.

 

Your argument with your friend continues…

 

Hello?! Do I look like I am joking?! I’ll make a deal with my parents. I need to top the exams! No, I mean I will top the exams” you said with all determination. “South Korea! I am coming!” you shouted as if it was only you and your friend in your school’s corridor. Then you leave happily as if you were really sure that everything will happen according to your plans.

 

***

As you have said your friend, you go home straight with all smiles on your face and happy thoughts on your mind. And as you were nearer your house, you run excitedly. And approached the kitchen where you found your mom busy cooking, then you started shouting “Eomma! Eomma!”

 

“What?! What eomma, eomma are you talking about?! What’s the matter with you! Calm down tigress!” your mom said angrily.

 

“Mom, I know this will be too much to ask but will you bring me to South Korea? Please, please, please?” you said while trying to act cute and innocent.

 

“Stop that! You don’t look cute at all, it’s annoying!” your Mom said irritated. “Why should I do that?” she continued.

 

Despite your mom being harsh with some of her words you still continue “Please mom, you and appa knows how much I wanted to go there. Look, here. I don’t know if I can actually do this but I will do my best.  I promise I’ll top this year’s final exams. Just let me. Please?” you said begging.

 

Your mom was so delighted to hear what you have just said so she had come up with her words that gives you hope “Hmm, okay. You said that! I will talk and convince your father later”. You were really really happy to hear her words, but as you were about to leave the kitchen your mom added, “but here’s my own deal. When you top the exams we will bring you to South Korea but if you don’t you will forget KPop! Take it or leave it”

 

            You were shocked and started to cry while uttering your words “Mom, don’t you think that it was too much to ask? I, I can’t just forget my oppas that quick!”

 

            “I’m sorry, but my decision is final. You haven’t done anything good on school since you started being a KPop fan. Now, prove me and your dad that KPop is an inspiration and not an obstruction! Conversation ends here.” Your mom said harshly.

 

            You run to your room crying. You kept on weeping for a minute when finally you decided to stop and said your words trying to encourage yourself. “Argh. What am I doing!” you said while wiping your tears. “I should be studying now!” you look at your posters and said “Oppas! Wait for me okay, don’t go anywhere! I will meet you all soon. I will top the exams and we will see each other!” You were really full of determination and decided to stay up late to review for the exams.

 

***

            Then the following day…

 

            “Good Morning their princess! What time is it?” your father said. “Did you stay up late again because of those Korean artists?! They really don’t bring any good on you!” he added.

 

            “No!” you burst out. You were even shocked and try to bring the situation down “I mean, dad, if I am sleeping late before, not doing good at school before. It was my choice, my decision. It is not because of KPop. Don’t blame KPop with things I am responsible with.” You sounded matured with your words and continue “Did mom tell you about my proposal? I can do it, I will prove you that KPop isn’t an obstruction at all.”

 

 

***

 

            You were really determined to pass your exams that you don’t even go out with your friends, after school you will immediately go home and review. And every weekend, you will stay up late doing the same thing, REVIEW. Finally, the day you have been preparing had come. Just like everyone else, you were nervous. But this time you were 10 times nervous. You were naturally a happy-go-lucky student, you don’t care if you top the exams as long as you passed it, you’re happy. But now you were totally different and it is all because of KPop.

 

           Your best friend approached you, “Hey! How is it? How’s the exam? Do you think you’ll top it?” she said. “Uhm, I don’t know. I hope so” you said with shaky voice and teary eyes. “I know you can. You have prepared so much for the exams and even forget about me, us.” She said sounding like a girlfriend being jealous to her boyfriend. “Wait. Okay? I know I don’t go out that much with you these past few days. But that doesn’t mean that I forget you. You were my best friend. Why should I do that to you? You know how important is this, right? This was like going on for my dreams. So I am sorry.”  You said apologetic. “Since the exams are over, we can go out now. Where do you want to go? My treat!” you said excitedly. “Ah! So you think you can bribe me huh? HA-HA. How did you know that? There’s a new coffee shop near here, we should try it! Let’s go” she said laughing.

 

***

 

            The following day, when you checked your phone you have received messages from your friends greeting you with congratulations. But instead of remembering that it was the day that the exam results were released, you immediately gone off your bed and prepare as fast as you can because you were late for school.  You were thirty minutes late and you weren’t able to attend your first class. What pissed you the most is those people from your school smiling and greeting you congratulations which made you wondering “What’s with these people? Received messages of congratulatory and now they are all smiling at me saying congratulations and all as if I’d won a presidential election”. To your surprise, you saw you best friend running to you while shouting your name “_____, _____” and as soon as she reached you she hugged you tightly saying “Congratulations! You did it!”. Wait. What? What did I do?” you said with your eyes widening to surprise. Your friend hit your head saying “Are you acting stupid or you were really stupid?! Today’s the release of the exams result! And dear! You made it! You topped it!” To your surprise, you run immediately to the bulletin board where results are posted and cry over with what you see. “I did it. I really did it! My hard works are paid off. I will go to South Korea. I will meet my oppas!” you said while crying.

 

***

 

            After class, you immediately go home. And as soon as you reach home, you hand your mom a piece of paper while saying “Mom, prepare my plane ticket and my pocket money! I told you, I will go to South Korea no matter what!” proudly. Your mom is surprised with your words and said “What? What do you mean?”. “Mom, believe it or not, I topped this year’s final exam! And as you and dad promised you’ll bring to South Korea!” you said happily and proudly. Your mom just can’t believe it and started to cry tears of joy and hug you while saying “I’m so proud of you! We will stick to our promise. You deserve it!”