BORN TO BE♡

BORN TO BE♡

 

CHAPTER 2

 

“Are you sure that you will be fine?” your dad said worriedly.

 

“Yes, of course. Mom and Dad, don’t worry okay? I will be fine. I’m 20 and can legally do things now.” You said with a big grin on your face.

 

“Hey! You sounded like you have plans of doing something huh! You behave there, okay? Age are just numbers, you were still mom and dad’s little child! We apologize if we couldn’t come with you, it will cost us too much if we will come. Hopefully next time.” Your mom said with teary eyes.

 

“Mom, you were too over-acting. I will be back after 8 days you know. So don’t…” your words are interrupted by a voice-over calling all passengers that are aboard a flight going to South Korea. “So this is it. Mom, dad. Thank you once again for sticking to your words. Don’t worry too much okay? I will message you once the plane lands.” You finally said and give your parents a tight hug. “I will go now, oppas are waiting for me.” You finally said and kiss them goodbye.

 

***

 

“Upon arrival, all passengers are must go through immigration and customs” . These are the words that you last heard clearly before things went blurred for you. “Oh no! Is this really happening am I really few minutes away to my dream place? Am I really about to set my feet on Korea?” you had this thought on your mind. You couldn’t really believe on things that you pinch yourself “Ouch!” you said. “Miss, are you alright?” the foreigner beside you asked.  “Uh, yes. I’m fine. Thank You.”  You told her – “Okay _____ calm down. Everything is real. You were not day dreaming.” You said yourself.

 

Finally, after hours of travelling you finally reached the dorm where you will be staying. You started jumping and screaming around. “Yes, yes! Finally! Felt like I’m in heaven! Thank goodness! I’ve been dreaming of this and now I am here!” you said happily. You checked everything and as you expect everything is perfect, even the dorm’s location. “I have to inform mom now and oh I’ll do unpacking later. I should prepare now and go to CUBE Café. Couldn’t believe it! It was actually just a few blocks away! Hopefully oppas was there!” you exclaimed excitedly! You do a little retouching and leave.

 

***

 

While waiting for your turn inside the café, you were like a little kid roaming around her eyes wandering with all the things that you see. When suddenly, the man in front of you accidentally bumps and spills his coffee on you and your phone, all the child-like wanders disappear and when you were about to burst out you looked at him and “How d...!” you stopped, your eyes widened due to surprise. It was Changsub looking apologetic.

 

“Oh no! I am sorry. I am really sorry. I didn’t mean to. Wait I’ll get a tissue” he was about to turn but then you stopped him.

 

“No, stop. I’m fine, really.” You said while staring at him.

 

 “ No, I don’t think so. And no! Look what I have done, it spilled on your phone too.” He said looking worried.

 

 You didn’t know about it at all, so when you checked your phone you were surprised. The screen went black. You want to be mad but you just can’t so finally you manage to say, “I’m fine. Really fine. But I guess my phone isn’t”. You try to open your phone but it just doesn’t work.

 

“I will just replace it. I am really sorry.” he then bows. “Uh, wait. You wait for me here okay.” He run and went inside CUBE’s office. After a few minutes he gets back on you. “Here, you can use my phone for a while” he hands you his phone.” I will just text you there when I already had a replacement for your phone.” He said.

 

 You were surprised and asked him “how can you text me if I had your phone?”

 

He immediately replied “I will use any number to text you”.

 

When he said that, as if an invisible light bulb popped-out your head and said “Uh, do you have something to do today?” He motioned his head left and right. “So okay, you aren’t busy. Why don’t we go out? I mean you buy me my phone now. You know what I need it to contact my parents. They must be very much worried about me now.” You said sounding worried.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry but I’m afraid that I couldn’t…” he hasn’t finished his words yet when you interrupted.

 

“You said you aren’t busy. I confirmed you first. I tell you, I badly need it!” you said trying to sound mad even if you don’t.

 

“Fine. Since it was my fault. But you wouldn’t change your clothes? The coffee stains.” he said.

 

“Oh yea, right. Will you accompany me? The dorm I am staying at is just a few blocks away.”  He was about to refuse when you say “Remember! You owe me!” he couldn’t do anything else so he just walks with you going to your dorm and there he patiently waited for you outside.

 

“Alright, let’s go!” you exclaimed. The both of you walked. You looked at him and he is really silenced “Uh, it seems everything for you is really awkward. Don’t worry I’m not a sasaeng fan of yours. And uhm, I’m sorry if I forced you to be with me.” You stopped walking and said “we haven’t been that far yet, you can go back. And let us just stick with your plans.”

He then smiled at you “No, it’s fine and uh, I never thought of you as a sasaeng fan.”

 

You two keep on walking and you were being silenced with your guilt. He managed to ask you “Are you fine? You seemed so loud earlier why now you were too quiet?”

 

You looked at him, you stopped walking and with teary eyes you said, “I am sorry oppa, now I was like a sasaeng fan. I forced you to come with me even if you don’t want to. Sorry if I became harsh on you.” You said then suddenly tears rushing down your face.

 

Changsub was surprised, “hey! Stop crying. You should not cry publicly people might think that I did something bad to you” with his words, you tried to stop your tears. “Look, remember you told me earlier that I can still go back if I wanted to, right? But I didn’t. It means I wanted to. Okay?” he said with calm voice and smiled.

 

You feel calmed. You looked at him and said “You wanted to be with me?”

 

“Yes?” he replied. “Yea, you know this is something I haven’t tried before going out with a sasaeng fan.” Then he laughs.

 

You just look at him and frown. “Hey! I’m just kidding! And look, with that innocent face, none of the idols will think that you’re a sasaeng fan.” He said smiling.

 

You felt that your heart started beating fast. You really feel happy with his words. Then both of you continued to walk going to the subway. On that very moment, you realized how gentle man and how funny Changsub are. The feelings you have for him as a fan grows stronger, who wouldn’t love a man who were like Changsub you tell yourself.

 

***

 

(Inside the train…)

 

“Uhm, oppa. I know this will be too much to ask. But can I hand you a wish list?” you said to him.

 

He looked puzzled. “A wish list?” he asked

 

“Yes.” You hand him a small notebook then he immediately opens it.

 

“The names that you saw there were names of the K-idols that I wanted to meet…” you aren’t finished with your words when he said

 

“And I am on the number spot while other BTOB members are on the 2nd? Why am I number one?” he asked you and smile.

“I liked you. I can feel before that you were really a good person. People might think that you are weird but for me, you aren’t. You were cute. Really really cute” you told him then you blushed.

 

He smiled and said “Why did you hand me this? Do you think I will help you?”

 

You answered back trying to defend yourself “Yes, but that’s not com…”

 

He stopped you with words “Of course I will help you. You were a cute friend to me now.” He then laughs.

 

To your extreme happiness, you hugged him. “O.” you blushed. “I am sorry. I am just being carried away.” You said sounding apologetic. You looked down and smiled secretly.

 

***

 

You both enjoyed each and others company that after he bought you the phone. He asked you out if he can spend his free time with you. With no hesitations you answered him with a YES. He toured you over Seoul. The two of you go to different shopping malls, took selcas together, eat on hawkers, etc. It was really a fun filled day for him and especially for you, that both of you didn’t get track of the time.

 

“Uh. Time runs so fast. Thank You for this day! I enjoyed it a lot” he said happily.

 

“Yes. I enjoyed it too, of course. Going with your ultimate bias? Who wouldn’t be happy about that?”  You said then laugh.

 

“So, I don’t owe anything on you now okay?” Changsub said.

 

“Yea. Uhm, by the way. Here’s your phone. Thank You so much” you said smiling.

 

“Okay, keep safe then. Hope you’ll enjoy your vacation here in Korea.” He was about to leave when “Uh before I forgot, here’s your notebook” he hand you his notebook and leave.

 

“Take care!” you exclaimed. He smiled back and continues walking.

 

You can’t express by words how happy you are that time. You go back inside your dorm and take a rest happily. You took your notebook and opened it. To your surprise, Changsub’s name was crossed-out. Then a number beside his name was written. Aside from him opening and reading your list, you can’t remember him writing on your notebook so the number makes you wonder. In the end, you end up texting the number.

 

“Hello. Mind telling me who are you? Saw your number on my notebook. Thanks” - [MESSAGE SENT 7:30PM KST]