Story#2:April Fools

Sunny's Oneshot Collection

Light shone across my sleeping face. I slowly opened my eyes to see a figure smiling at me. In shock, i quickly sat up at stared at who intruded my room. ...Who else?

I rubbed my tired eyes and brushed through my bed hair with my fingers. I gave a slow glance at Luhan and back to what's infront of me.

'Morning, sunshine~' Luhan beamed.

'ugh Luhan... do you really have to do this every morning?' I groaned.

'Of course~ my best friend is so lazy, i'd have to wake her up~' Luhan grinned.

I nodded at his words. Yeah.. Best friends. I couldn't help feeling disappointed at his words, but i wouldn't let it show. I didn't want things to turn out awkward between him and I.

'I'm not lazy...' I mummbled.

'Sureee~ whatever you say~' Luhan sing-songed as he reached to your door.

Luhan turned around and looked at you with happiness in his eyes.

'It's 10:30, by the way' Luhan calmly said.

My eyes widened as i jumped out of bed. I quickly ran to my closet; grabbing jeans and a t-shirt. I ran past Luhan and made my way into the bathroom.

Luhan chuckled silently and strolled into the dining room. I came out look less dead, but i still had the panic in my eyes. I walked into the living room and stared at Luhan. He was slowly munching on his toast.

'Luhan what are you doing?! we're going to be late for classes!' I slightly raised my voice.

 'I don't need to go to class, yet' Luhan shrugged

I stopped on my tracks and stared at Luhan's calm expression. Luhan swallowed his piece of toast; washing it down with orange juice. I eyed Luhan suspiciously and slowly made my way to the dining table.

'why aren't you going to class?' I asked.

'It's only 9:30, April Fools Sunny' Luhan had an amusing glint in his eyes as he looked at me.

I couldn't believe it. I sat down opposite Luhan in annoyance and started to mutter curse words under my breath. Luhan must have picked up a few, because he looked at me in shock.

'Yah, don't swear. It's rude' Luhan tsked.

'It's rude to pull a stupid joke like that, i nearly tripped and died' I snapped at Luhan.

Luhan gave me one of his puppy eye looks and begged for forgiveness.

'awww, Sunny~ forgive me! you're just so easy to tease' Luhan smirked.

I glared at Luhans smirking face, i soon grew annoyed at his expression.

'Wipe that smirk off your face, Luhan' I hissed

Luhan grinned and shook his head at me. He started to get up, whilst i stayed to finish munching on my toast. All of a sudden, i felt someone lean in and take a bite from the other end of my toast. I took a double take, and blinked. I was staring into Luhans dark brown eyes, his face only inches away from me.

I pulled back; giving him a disgusted expression.

'Luhan, get your own toast' I rolled my eyes at him.

Luhan winked at me and ruffled my hair; earning a glare from me.

'Lets go, or i'm leaving you' Luhan yelled out as he made his way to the front door.

I threw my plate and glass away in the sink, and caught up with Luhan before the elevator door closed.

'Yah, wait next time' I grumbled as i fixed my hair.

'next time, be faster' Luhan winked.

I sighed as the elevator door closed. I could hear my heartbeat thumping in my chest; hoping Luhan wouldn't notice. I glanced at Luhan and noticed his gaze on me. I quickly looked away; causing my cheeks to burn a slight red. I felt something nudge my hand, but i paid no attention to it; hoping the awkward silence would end soon...

The problem with Luhan is that he's a very oblivious person. Sure, he can read me like a book, but he's very dense when it comes to my actual feelings for him. Which in some ways i think it's a good thing.

Despite me not being able to read Luhan like a book, what's there not to like about him? Luhan's nice, charming, sweet, funny, caring, good looking. He's everything a girl could ask for. But is the relationship i have with me enough? ... just friends?

The second problem is that Luhan is a very affectionate person, but at times it could get awkward. The good thing with Luhan is no matter how awkward it gets, it doesn't affect him and he'd always make other comfortable later on. It's one of those weird things in life....

A hand waved infront of my face; snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Luhan looking at me with concern.

'Sunny?' Luhan asked.

'What?' I blinked.

'are you okay? you've been acting weird lately' Luhan questioned as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded at him with an uneasy smile.

'Yeah, i am. Just tired' I said.

Luhan relaxed and placed his hand behind his neck.

'Alright~' Luhan grinned

Luhan turned around and walked ahead. I found myself reaching out to him; tugging slightly on his shirt. Luhan turned around smiling at me.

'Yeah?' Luhan cheerfully asked.

I looked at the ground; trying to avoid his gaze.

'Um, i have something to tell you' I muttered

'Oh? what is it?' Luhan looked at me with curiousity

I slowly looked up at Luhan. I took in a deep breathe and let it out; trying to calm my nerves. It was now... or never..

'Luhan...I like you' I stated.

I tried to read Luhan's blank expression. All of a sudden, the corner of Luhan's lips turned into a smile. Luhan let out a laugh, that surprised me.

'ahahaha~ wow, Sunny, you had me there for a second!' Luhan laughed

'Wah?' I blinked.

Luhan clutched his stomach as he laughed.

'Oh Sunny~ that was a good one!' Sunny grinned.

'What are you talking about?' I asked in confusion. I was growing slightly annoyed at Luhan's response.

'Oh come on Sunny, you had me shocked for a second~' Luhan let out a relieved sigh.

'What do you mean?!' I snapped.

'April fools day? hello~ nearly had me fooled there. To think you'd like me. we're best friends, that can't happen. ' Luhan said with amusement in his eyes.

I was taken back at his answer. Oh right... April Fools... sure..

'Oh yeah. hehehe, pretty funny right?' I smiled weakly.

Luhan nodded with enthusiasm. He turned around to the sound of his friends calling him.

'Hey, Luhan! leave your girlfriend alone for a sec, we got to get to class!' One of them yelled.

'Ah! Sunny ain't my girlfriend!' Luhan yelled back.

Luhan gave me a quick look.

'Sorry Sunny, i'll see you later!' Luhan said.

Before i could answer him, Luhan ran off to his friends. I couldn't help but feel a pain in my chest. I absentmindedly clutched my heart.

'Sunny? did you do it? did you tell him?' A voice happily asked.

'Taeyeon, don't rush her!' Another voice scolded.

'Hey! i'm just asking Sooyoung!' Taeyeon complained.

'Well Sunny, did you?' a different voice asked, i assumed it was Jessica.

I silently nodded; earning giggles from my friends. They hugged me and smiled widely.

'Well?! what did he say?' Taeyeon asked.

They noticed the sad look in my eyes. They stopped smiling and looked at me with concern.

'Sunny?' Sooyoung asked.

I shook my head and turned around; walking to my first lecture. Taeyeon and the others followed me behind; whispering concerns and questioning one another.

I couldn't bear to feel hurt and rejected at Luhan's words.

Sunny, had me fooled there for a second...

That's a good one!

There's no way you'd like me...

We're best friends, that can't happen...

The words echoed through my mind. I let out a long sigh.

Why won't you take me seriously...
____

Comments :D