Story#2:April Fools

Sunny's Oneshot Collection



I stared at the lollipop I had in my hand. I unconsciously pouted and wished the sugary treat lasted longer. I let out a sigh and popped the candy back into my mouth, tasting its sweet strawberry flavor once again.

I felt contented and relaxed, as I flipped through a fashion magazine. A cute outfit caught my eye, causing me to calmly fold the corner of the page. In the mist of silence, I felt a noticeable presence besides me.

I didn’t bother to look up, as I already knew who it was. A hand lightly tugged my earphones off, and the figure placed them in their own ears. I looked up at the intruder, and gave him a quick glare.

“Ehhh, Sunny…?” A voice whined. “You’re listening to this?”

Oh hey. I’ll introduce myself, I guess. My name is Lee Soonkyu, but people just call me Sunny. Let’s see, I’m 21 years old according the Korean age law. I’m usually very calm and relaxed, which means people around me call me cold and distant. I promise I’m pretty nice if you get to know me though.

I have dark chocolate brown hair, which just passes my shoulders. I also have chocolate brown eyes, but I don’t really know why you would care. I'm 158cm tall; neither fat nor those skinny girls. What else? Oh yeah, I’m also single. I don’t know why I told you that… Anyways, back to the present.

“Sunny, are you even paying attention?” The voice whined once again.

“What was that, Luhan?” I asked.

Yeah, this hyperactive whiney boy is my best friend. His name is Luhan. He's the same age as me, which surprises me since he’s extremely childish. We also both attend Kyung Hee University.

I guess we became friends in High School. It all started when I was casually walking to the cafeteria, and all of a sudden I bumped into someone. Yes, you guessed it right. They were holding onto a hot drink, and split it all over my white t-shirt. Great.

The person started apologizing numerous times. He blabbered on something about having to repay the sin that he just committed, but I didn’t really pay attention. I was late for class, and I had a huge stain on my shirt. Clearly I wasn’t going to be in a good mood. I sighed in annoyance and left him standing there in shame. I wished I didn’t have to bump into him again. Yet again, luck wasn’t on my side.

The next day I was in the library, and the door slammed into my face as I was about to open it. I realized it was the same boy who spilt the drink on me. He scratched his head in the cutest way possible most annoying manner, and muttered a sorry.

He introduced himself as Luhan, and continued to apologize until I forgave him. Ironically he asked me if I wanted to get coffee with him, but I still complied. We talked for a while, and I found out we had a lot of things in common. I guess we slowly became friends from that, as odd as it sounds.

I was brought back to reality, as I felt someone poke me. I turned to see Luhan looking all pouting, suddenly pinching my cheeks. I scrunched up my nose and swatted his hands away.

“What was that for?” I asked.

“You didn’t hear a single word I just said.” Luhan accused.

“Ehhh, yeah I did.” I said sheepishly.

Luhan propped his elbow on the table, and rested his right cheek on his hand. He gave me an amused look, causing me to stare at him blankly.

“Oh really?” Luhan grinned. “What did I say?”

“Uh, I don’t know.” I guessed. “Something about having to repeat a year, because you failed to meet your credits?”

“How did you know?!” Luhan gasped.

I widen my eyes, and gaped at him in shock. Luhan suddenly had my full attention, and I scowled at what he just said.

“What do you mean?! It’s true?!” I yelled. “How could you repeat year?! You said we’d go to University together! Are you leaving me?! I told you to pay more attention to you classes!”

In the mist of my rant, I heard Luhan chuckling under his breath. He sure looked quite happy for someone who surpassingly has to repeat a year. I gave him a suspicious look, and pushed him on the shoulder.

“What’s so funny?” I growled. “You clumsy ! This is no laughing matter!”

“…” Luhan muttered under his breath.

“What? I can’t hear you.” I said confused. “Louder please.”

“…I said, APRIL FOOLS!” Luhan exclaimed.

I realized that Luhan had made the whole thing up, and wanted to scare me because of the ridiculous April fool’s day. I also realized April fool’s day is tomorrow. I got extremely mad at him.

“Yah! Luhan!” I shouted. “April fool’s is tomorrow! Do you want to die?! You nearly gave me a heart attack!”

Luhan jumped at the tone of my voice, and stared at me confusingly. He really must not know…

“W-what?! It’s tomorrow?” Luhan asked uncertainly.

“You dense idiot!” I scolded. “If you were going to prank me, at least do it on the right day! You actually nearly gave me the shock of my life!”

Luhan chuckled at my reaction, fully recovering from his mistake. He grabbed my hands and pouted at me with innocent eyes.

“Awww, Sunny~” Luhan plead. “Don’t be mad at me! I’ll make it up to you.”

I shook my head like a child and crossed my arms. I turned my head away from him and let out a snort. I wasn’t really mad at him, but it was fun to see him try to weasel himself out of situations.

“You can do that by getting out of my apartment.” Sunny pouted.

“Our apartment.” Luhan corrected. “We live together, silly.”

Oh yeah, I live together with Luhan. We moved into our own apartment because Luhan had enough of dorm life during the second semester. He bought an apartment near university, and since no one else wanted to move in with him, he moved my things in without asking. He’s lucky he’s my best friend.

I didn’t want to acknowledge his response, so I snuck my nose in the air. I let out an ‘Hmph’ and proceeded to ignore him. Luhan chuckled at my attitude, and ruffled my hair. He stood up and kissed me on the cheek before leaving my room.

I placed my head onto my desk and faced the door. I felt my cheeks rising in heat, embarrassed with Luhan’s actions. I sighed in annoyance as my heartbeat thumped to the beat of my alarm clock. I closed my eyes, trying to prevent tears from falling.

I'm in love with my best friend..

__________

Is it okay, if this gonna be a four oneshot >.<

Comments :D

If you like it, then please upvote :3