Plans or Lies

Never There

“Rachel I’m so sorry.”

The said girl smiled and waved her hand, “It’s alright, Yifan, really. I’m glad I’d be able to help. But how is me pretending to be your past lover going to help your relationship with Tao, like seriously.”

Kris sighed, “I don’t know, Rachel. I’m afraid he would hate me even more.”

“I’ll try and make him hate me, not you. I’d be like those mean girls on TV shows.”

Kris saw the Eurasian girl’s eyes turned to crescents. She did remind him of Mei-li a lot, long straight hair, grayish eyes, sharp nose but narrow eyes and natural chocolate hair that SM has dyed his hair with similar colour, trying to make him look as western as possible.

Rachel was pretty, reminded him of Mei-li a lot but there was this itching feeling in his heart. He wanted Tao, even that he tried to look inside this girl’s heart, he knew it was really pure and she was really kind but he couldn’t bring himself to move on and like this girl more than just friendliness.

“Hey, Yifan.” Rachel waved her hand repeatedly in front of Kris’ face.

“Yeah, what?”

“You weren’t listening to me.”

Kris cleared his throat, “Ah, yes. What were you saying?”

“I was just wondering, has it ever crossed your mind that maybe Tao can’t choose between you and Sehun? I mean, maybe he does feel something in Sehun that he can’t find in you and he feels something in you that he can’t find in Sehun.”

“What are you implying?”

“I don’t know”, she paused and fixed her bangs. “I mean, he told you that he still feels his heart clenching when you sent him those sad letters and everything, right? Well, if he stops loving you, that wouldn’t have happened to him, but I don’t know, I’ve never been in a deep relationship like you both have here so I really can’t say much about it. It’s just I think maybe he can’t completely let you go, you know?”

Kris put his hand on his chin, looking down on the blanket covering him.

“But it’s impossible, he waited for Sehun, he worried for Sehun, he protects Sehun from everything. I think… It can’t be, Rachel. It’s really Sehun he loves, not me anymore, or it was never me ‘cause he never did those things to me.”

The girl laughed a little, “Well, I do know same relationship is about equality and everything but there’s always the stronger one in a relationship and it’s not physical strength, am I right? He’s doing those things for Sehun because he’s the stronger one in the relationship, Sehun is younger, more fragile and has gone through less than what Tao has, so Sehun would seek for protection and Tao would be more than willing to give him that. But with you and Tao, you were the one doing those things, right? You protected him, you took care of him, you bought him things, so I think that you can’t really compare your relationship with Tao to his and Sehun’s relationship, they are two very different things.”

Kris smiled at her, she’s really right.

“So what do you think I should do then?”

Rachel sighed and run a hand through her long straight locks, “I think we should quit this drama.”

“What drama?”

“This whole drama Joonmyeon planned. I could see it through Yixing’s eyes that he really doesn’t agree to all of this, and when Yixing doesn’t agree, that means this is something we really can’t continue.”

“And?”

“And…”, Rachel swiped her hand through Kris’ bandage lightly. “And I think we should talk to Joonmyeon about this and bring Luhan in as well. I’m really sorry for that boy, seriously.”

“Talking to Joonmyeon? I can’t seem to agree to that, because you know his plan—“

“He’s the one that made this plan, he should know that we’re going to change it. Otherwise it’ll all be confusing to everyone involved.”

Rachel jumped from the bed and tugged on Kris’ not injured arm, “Come on, come on. Let’s go!”

Kris got up slowly from his bed, Rachel helped him and he really felt like a weakling, like a man who has lost everything. Well he lost the most precious thing to his heart, that stupid Huang freaking Zitao. ing idiot.

He exited the room with Rachel’s help. He sighed internally Can’t I do anything by myself though, such a jelly giant. They saw Tao on the way to Suho’s room but yeah how could they not, EXO’s dorm was not a very huge place to begin with anyways. The young blonde asian had a rock hard expression on his face, it was clear to them that he really hated either of them, maybe he hated Mei-li, oh poor Mei-li she was already gone and she had to receive hate from Tao.

Kris saw from the corner of his eyes that Rachel felt guilty.

“Hey, you okay?”

“I’m fine, Yifan, don’t worry. It’s just I feel bad for Tao.”

She knocked on Suho’s door a few times and quickly Suho opened the door for them and let them in.

“Where’s Yixing?”, she asked as she sat down on the edge of Suho’s very squeaky bed.

“He doesn’t want to talk to me.”

“Hng? What’s wrong?”

“He was angry about this whole planning of mine. He said I didn’t think it through well.”

Kris hummed, sitting on the computer chair.

“But we need him here right now!”, Rachel exclaimed.

“I’ll call him. Pretty sure he won’t answer your call, Myeon.”

Kris pulled out his phone and dialed YIxing.

“Where are you?”

“Oh? Finish it quick then come here. Where’s Luhan?”

“Oh he’s with you too?”

“Right. Get your asses here.”

“Yes, now. Right now.”

“Suho’s room. Fast.”

“We’re not going to barge in your problem with the leader, godammit just get your here, with Luhan!”

“Yes! 2 minutes max, or you sleep outside the dorm.”

“Not mean, god. Just- Just hurry up and get here.”

Kris hung up before the one on the other line can say anything else. “He’ll be here soon”

-----

“Gosh, what the heck, Kris.”

Luhan tossed a biscuit cereal into their shopping cart, “Why did he call?”

Lay shrugged as he continued pushing the cart to the cashier, “He didn’t say, but it sounded pretty important. Oh and he wants you to come to Suho’s room as well.”

“It’s so funny, you know.” Luhan laughed. “How you’re fighting with Suho like this”

Lay rolled his eyes, “What’s so funny about it?”

“You guys looked like as if you wouldn’t kill a flea now you’re fighting. More like you being angry at him.”

“He was being short-minded, that’s why”

They both quickly paid at the cashier, and head to the dorm. Lay was pretty curious about what Kris’ had to say, exclude the Suho part please, thank you.

Luhan almost threw the plastic bags under the dining table, well Kyungsoo could deal with it later, or maybe Lay would do it.

“Hey slowly with the bags! Some inside are easily broken.”

“I just had my adrenaline rushing to the top of my head from running here with bringing those crap now you’re telling me to be careful with them?”

“Yes! I didn’t throw the plastic bags I brought.”

Luhan slammed himself to the couch, “Not my fault you’re so gentle all the time.”

Lay rolled his eyes again, “Come on, princess. I’m pretty curious with what they have to say.”

The elder stood up and walked to Suho’s room. “Come on?”

“Okay.”, Lay followed him.

Luhan opened Suho’s room door to find Suho laying and staring at the ceiling, Kris just stare at empty air and Rachel fondling with her phone.

“Umm, guys? You look like that someone just died.” Luhan

“My heart is dead”, Kris said, clutching to his shirt.

Lay rolled his eyes behind Luhan, “Drama queen.” He sat himself next to Suho’s legs, even if he was angry with Suho, he sorta missed the leader’s warmth, not to sound cliché but it was true.

Putting down her phone, Rachel said, “So guys I was thinking…”

-----

“Pretty good, hyung.”

Luhan smiled, “Yeah, me and Yixing did some shopping this morning.”

“Anything big happening though?”, Sehun asked as he bit on his slice of cake that Luhan made.

“No”, Luhan laughed slightly. “Nothing big happening.”

“I didn’t know you cook.”, Sehun spoke with his mouth full.

“I don’t, Sehun. I only make cakes.”

“Tao would love this.”

Luhan’s face fell, but he had to hide it, “You think so? He’s really picky about cakes though.”

“Yeah, he would really love this I mean, if you make something with love it will make the cooking more delicious right.”

The Chinese’s heart flutter, still as sweet as ever Oh Sehun. “You’re right, of course.”

“Kyung hyung told me that, love has always been his secret ingredient. How sweet of him right, hyung?”

“Right.”, Luhan took a deep breath. “Sehun… I…”

Sehun looked up to the standing boy across of him, “Yes, hyung?”

“I’m glad we’re still good. I mean, we don’t hate each other. That’s really good.”

Throwing Luhan a smile, Sehun said, “Of course, why should we hate each other? There’s no reason for that”

“There are some things I would like to say to you. I want to be honest.”

Sehun’s face expression changed, but it was still soft. Well, Luhan had seen Sehun when he was angry so he would know. “What is it?”

“There were no kidnapping, Sehun. Everything, and also the story about Kris is the one behind the tying was all lie.”

“What?”

“I mean, it wasn’t originally my plan. But it was a plan to get your attention to me.”

The younger’s eyebrows knitted, “Why would you do that? You know you’ll always have my attention.”

“It was hard though, Sehun. We just broke up and…”

“I know that. But I really don’t like being lied to and you know that more than anyone, more than Zitao.”

Luhan sighed, he buried his face in his palms. “I know. But I only wanted you to care about me again.”

“Hyung, I will always care about you, you don’t have to lie like that and torture  yourself. You sound like a very sick and desperate person like that.”

Luhan gasped, Sehun just called him very sick and desperate.

“Actually it wasn’t my plan and I would do anything to have you next to me, though.”

“We can stick together, we can go to places together. But we just can’t be together again, hyung.”

Luhan smiled sourly, “I just wanted to tell you the truth, Sehun. Because I know you don’t like being lied to. And I just want to tell you that you have to be prepared of the things you will find out soon, and they are not going to be from me.”

Sehun stared at the elder in confusion but didn’t say anything.

“There are still 3 more slices, you can give them to Tao. I’m pretty sure his wushu practice is finished and he’d be home soon. I hope you enjoyed the cake.”

Puffing his cheeks, Luhan took off Kyungsoo’s apron and decided he should tell Lay about this.


I don't think anyone anticipate this chapter, I just want to dig into characters outside Tao and Sehun.

I'm sorry I've disappeared for a month. so many things going on and I will be quite busy in the future as well, because high school is ending in 3 months.

Please comment subscribe and upvote, please tell me what you think about this. Show me how you love or hate my work, thank you so much darlings

21bangsfangirl