Distance

Never There

 

Wu Yi Fan. That name, the same damned name who caused Huang ZiTao's clumsy smiles or shivers down his spine, also caused his sleepless crying nights.
It had been more than 3 months since he last saw his Gege's face. He had to cry himself to sleep every night, clutching his phone closely to his chest, a picture of him and his beloved on their last date displayed on the screen. The thing is not just simply because he missed his Gege physically, but also emotionally. They hadn't talked for 2 months or more because Kris didn't reply his last text message and ZiTao simply just didn't want to disturb Kris' family matters.
And it was just like that, after that last unreplied text message of "Is Gege going to come home soon? Because Taozi misses YiFan Gege... :(" , ZiTao found himself saying breathless Gege please come homes between his sobs every single night. Until--
 
"ZiTao Hyung? Are you alright?"
 
Zitao lifted his head and messily grabbed handful of tissues to dry his flowing tears from his cheeks.
 
"Y-yes... I am fine. Don't worry you can go"
 
Zitao tried to make his voice as steady and cold as possible. He really didn't need anyone to come inside and saw him having a breakdown. But then he heard the doorknob being turned and a concerned Sehun walked towards his bed.
 
"Don't lie to me, Hyung. I could hear you crying yourself to sleep every night"
 
Sehun sat at the edge of the bed, awkwardly reaching out his hand to pat ZiTao's back.
Zitao froze. Of course he and Sehun were widely known for their so-called-bromance relationship, even by their fans in Antarctica. A simple touching here and there between showcases and concerts when Kris' and Luhan's eyes are away from them often happened. If Zitao hadn't had a crush on Kevin Li or Sehun's pale cheeks didn't blush everytime Xi Lu Han complimented his dance moves, they would've been a couple right now. Zitao wouldn't cry himself to sleep every night nor Sehun would need to deal with a certain Chinese male having a fit about his bluish gray hair or mainly just about everything.
 
"Hyung? Talk to me, please.. I just...need to know you're alright"
 
Sehun's weak voice brought Zitao back to reality. He roughly pulled Sehun in for a hug. And he started crying on Sehun's shoulder. His red hair damped because of the sweats the dorm room AC couldn't dry.
 
"I'm tired, Sehun. I'm tired of waiting, I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of being ignored, I'm tired of everything. I....I feel lonely..."
 
Zitao managed to pour his heart out to the younger blonde-purple haired boy.
Sehun rubbed circles to ZiTao's back, he hushed the crying red haired Chinese male in his embrace and said,
 
"It's okay, Hyung. You don't have to feel alone anymore. Sehunnie's going to be there for Tao Hyung"
 
-------
 
"I don't know what's wrong with you, Oh Sehun. You have been ignoring me for a whole week and always gets near Tao. Are you--"
 
"I don't know what's wrong with you, Xi LuHan. You are being a heartless bastard right now! Aren't you concerned about Tao?"
 
"What's wrong with Tao? There's nothing wrong with him! Well, Kris needs to go and straightens some issues, he should be a good boyfriend and understands!"
 
"What's--- what's wrong with, Tao? Are you ing kidding me?"
 
Sehun turned his back on Luhan and left their dorm room with a loud slam of their door. Outside, he earned looks of shocks and jaw-dropping from the other members. He just shrugged it off and pulled ZiTao with him.
 
"Tao Hyung let's go"
 
"But...Sehun..."
 
"I need some fresh air please, Hyung?"
 
"O--Okay"
 
Zitao and Sehun walked to the nearest cafe, because Sehun needed some air, because Zitao needed Sehun to accompany him. But he felt guilt streaming down his veins from Sehun's and Luhan's fight earlier.
 
"Sehun-ah..." Zitao started, because he didn't want the whole EXO to hate him, or the HunHan shippers on the Internet who were going to bash him.
 
"Yes, Hyung?"
 
"You know, you really shouldn't yell at Luhan Ge like that, I mean, maybe he just missed you. Maybe he missed having you around. I-I mean I would if I were him and you really don't have to stood up for me like that, maybe I'm just a little burdening to y--"
 
"No, Hyung. Don't worry about it, Luhan can be a sometimes. Can we please not talk about him? We were here to get our minds off things right?"
 
"But still, Sehun-ah... Just promise me then. You will fix this, okay? You are going to take Luhan Ge out on a date maybe getting something to eat, getting couple shirts or couple hats or I don't know... Just promise me then I will stop talking about it"
 
Sehun sighed, he knew this was wrong. He knew liking Tao that way was wrong. Because he still has Luhan and he loved him for God's sake! Sehun loved Luhan and Zitao would never love Sehun because Zitao still missed Kris Wu. So Sehun nodded and said,
 
"Okay, Hyung. I will ask Luhan Ge out soon", Sehun smiled, fakely. Zitao could see Sehun's face nerves were forcing that smile.
So Zitao opened his arms to invite Sehun to a hug. And they just sat there in the cafe, with the sound of camera clicking and mumblings of sasaeng fans outside the window, in each other arms.
 
-----
 
"Hannie~", Sehun chirped lightly while tugging at Luhan's shirt.
 
"What is it?", Luhan half-heartedly answered the now rainbow haired boy in front of him.
 
"Do you want to go out with me to get something?", Sehun cooed cutely. Because he had to do this, this is a promise he made to Zitao.
 
Luhan sighed,"I don't feel like going anywhere, Sehun. Why don't y--"
 
"We can wear that couple cap we bought last month, Hunnie. Please?"
 
Luhan sighed again, how much he wanted to spend time with this spoiled brat maknae of a boyfriend, but Luhan was still mad at Sehun!
 
"Fine..."
 
Luhan gave in, knowing this was a good opportunity to take Sehun back into his arms. Because of the constant thing going on between Sehun and Zitao lately. How Sehun would wait for Zitao until he finished cleaning up after practice. How Sehun would stand up for Zitao when any of the other members . Yes, Luhan was jealous, Luhan was jealous because his boyfriend was ignoring him and giving more attention to a certain panda who had been neglected by his dragon of a boyfriend. Luhan didn't like this one bit.
 
"So where are we going to go, Hunnie?"
 
"We could go to the restaurant for dinner and then drop at the phone case store for a while. There's this phone case I really wanted to get. Would you like that? Then maybe we can watch the stars together before going back?"
 
Luhan nodded happily, his Sehunnie is back. The one who loved him and the one he loved not the one being too friendly with Zitao.
Little did Luhan know that all of this was Sehun's promise to Zitao.
 
-----
 
Luhan hated the date. He hated how Sehun is always on his phone and never once looked at his face. He only answered lazy yeahs to the question Luhan asked him. Yes, Sehun did hold his hand but he knew more than anybody that it was just for the sake of the fans, he knew how Sehun half-lidded annoyed face he showed anyone but Luhan was the face he was now looking at.
 
So, when they arrived at their stargazing place. Luhan did something he knew used to melt Sehun's ice. He tiptoed to kiss Sehun and maybe planning to do something more later.
 
------
 
Zitao felt horrible, he felt jealous, worried, lonely. He knew he shouldn't but he just couldn't help himself from feeling that way. He lifted his phone and saw the picture he took with Sehun before they debuted. When they were just simply two reckless teenagers having a puppy love. Back then was the time when Zitao first realized he's different, how he found Sehun's lisp extremely cute and how they giggled after their long practice and when Sehun thought Zitao should put a cucumber around his eyes bags because he saw it on the Internet. That photo was before their first intimate act, Sehun wanted to try something new so he purposely rubbed his hand on ZiTao's bulge while taking the picture. It was funny, arousing yet so heartbreaking. Zitao knew, Sehun is now happy with Luhan, he thought maybe his scary emo looking image SM made for him really suit him.
 
He didn't realize tears were streaming down his cheeks when he heard the door opened so he quickly closed his phone and wipe his wet cheeks. Eyeliners smeared all over his face.
 
"Hyung?", Sehun peeked from the door checking to see if the older boy was asleep only to find him swollen eyed and face stained.
 
"Hyung, are you crying again? Hyung, please talk to me... I told you to talk to me. Was it him again? Did h--?". He walked over to sat on the older one's bed.
 
"No, Sehun-ah. It wasn't him, it was...something else"
 
Zitao buried his face in Sehun's neck inhaling the scent of the younger boy who'd been comforting him for weeks now.
 
Sehun sighed,"Hyung, I want to tell you something. Well, you see I did the thing I promised you to ask Luhan out but I don't know, Hyung, something felt different I mean, I used to feel all tingly and happy with Luhan around but I don't feel them anymore Hyung, it's like whenever I tried something I used to do with Luhan I always come back to the image of you I mean, it's as if that I stopped loving Luhan or might as well developing likes toward you or something. So yeah..."
 
ZiTao's eyes flickers at the sound of Sehun's confession. He pulled back and stare into the younger's eyes,"Did you just say you like me?"
 
"Uh... Well, yeah. I know we used to have something going on between us before. And you're still wai..."
 
Zitao put his finger on Sehun's lips to quiet him,"Sshh... Shut up and let me kiss you"
 
Zitao pressed his lips slowly against Sehun's thin inviting ones. Which was soon followed by hungry s and fabric throwing. Their moans echoed through the room.
 
"Let's have each other, even just for tonight, Sehun-ah"
 
-----
 
The sun filled the room. Zitao could hear Sehun dreaming, not about Luhan not about Kai but about him, about Huang Zitao, his fellow maknae from the brother group, EXO-M.
 
Sehun peeked to see ZiTao's beautiful face smiling at him, oh and the bed hair, so freaking y.
 
"Good morning, Sehuna~"
 
"Good morning, ZiZi.", Sehun giggled, "Do you still remember I used to call you that?"
 
"I remember everything about us, Sehuna", Zitao flashed him a smile. The one he hadn't seen for ages, not the one he flashed to the camera everytime their photographer told them to say kimchi.
 
"You know, I kind of haven't answered to your confession last night"
 
"It's okay, ZiZi, you don't have to say anything",Sehun giggled, again.
 
"No I want to tell you. So you saw me crying last night, right? It wasn't because of him, it was I was looking at...", he paused to take and unlock his phone. "...this". Zitao showed Sehun their predebut picture.
 
"Oh my God, Hyung, that embarrassing picture! It was when I tried to..." Sehun buried his blushing face to ZiTao's chest.
 
Zitao just chuckled and kissed his hair lightly. "As I was saying, I was looking at this recalling our memories together and how you woke me up from my long and endless sleep when I was alone. And then last night you were out on a date with Luhan Ge so I thought you and him had made up. I know it's ridiculous because I was the one who made you promised to do it but I really felt jealous last night. So of course now you know how I feel about you, Oh Mi Ja.". He grinned at the name.
 
Sehun felt his face is about to burst from all the feelings ZiTao's giving him. He liked being dominant to Luhan, he liked how he was always in control. But being taken care of and loved this way by the person he used to love and now love is a whole different feeling.
 
"I...I love you, ZiZi", Sehun gasped at his own words.
 
Zitao kissed the tip of Sehun's nose.
 
"I love --"
 
He heard the door being swung open and saw the familiar-but-not-so-familiar figure at the door. Black hair, black sunglasses, black everything, looking like a mafia.
 
"TAOZI, GEGE IS....", his voice trailed off when he saw the scene of his boyfriend was in bed with another boy which no one else but the bratty maknae Oh Sehun, .
 
"...back"
 
"WU FAN?!"
 
----
 
Kris was so happy his heart was about to burst on his drive back to the dorm. He was going to see his beloved Taozi again. He missed those baggy dark eyes so much it hurt him. He doesn't know what to say to Zitao once he saw him. Would he have his welcome ? God, how much he missed touching those sinful dark skin against his. He shook his head
Okay, Kris. Stop being so erted. Knowing it's Taozi he might have an emotional breakdown like crying for hours before having the welcome . You need to make it up to him for leaving that long.
 
Why he left? He would never tell anyone, maybe if Zitao asked he would answer yes, it's not like he was being secretive or anything, he just didn't like talking about it.
 
He entered the dorm with a happy face only to be greeted by gloomy faces, well some were I-DONT-care faces like Lay's, Chen's and Kai's and then there were I-feel-sorry-for-you faces on Kyungsoo's, Xiumin's and Suho's faces. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were too "busy" watching TV to make any face and then there were Luhan sitting alone playing with his Rubik cube.
 
"Where's Tao?", he asked, voice hoarse from the awkward tension in front of him.
 
"In his room", Kai lazily answered "....with Sehun". He added earning a smack from Kyungsoo.
 
Kyungsoo worriedly continued, "The maknaes were....playing"
 
"A bit too loud I'm afraid", Kai earned another smack from Kyungsoo.
 
Kris cleared his throat,"Oh well guys, I need to see my boyfriend, I've been leaving him for too long"
 
The rest of the members exchanged worried glances as the saw Kris making his way to Tao's room.
 
"Oh umm... YiFan?"
 
"Yes, Joonmyeon?"
 
"Please, be okay"
 
Kris smiled assuringly at Suho,"I will"
 
The members watched in horror as they saw Kris' excited face turned into disappointed heartbroken one.
 
"WU FAN?!"
 

Hi guys!!

i just wanted to thank the subscribers for subscribing this story and I was so motivated when purpleblood upvoted this story.

I mean OMG I loved you so much >\\\<

okay this is it. ENJOY