Three.

It Wasn't Love At First Sight

From: Himchannie
Date: 2.30PM 1 April 2013

Message:
Sorry Bora yah! I have to work over time today.
Becareful walking home yourself okay?
I won't make it for dinner too
Don't stay back in school to study too >:(
See you tomorrow okay bbyong~

 

Bora locked her phone screen after seeing the message her friend sent her that afternoon and shoved her phone into her bag. She sighed and looked up at the sky in front of her school gate. It's already late and she should have known better than to study in school since it was dangerous. She got carried away since she knew she doesn't have to go home to cook dinner today. She checked the roads left and right to see if it was clear to cross. Making her way home alone is something Bora was not used to especially at night and it's already 10 o'clock at night. The path on the way home was more eerie than it was in daylight. 

"Ottokhe~" she whispered to herself as she placed both her hands in her jacket's pocket to keep her warm from the cold night breeze. She began to feel nervous since she was never alone out at night before without Himchan. The road was silent with only the sound of cricket could be heard along with a faint barking of a dog from a distance. Suddenly the hair at the back of her neck stood and her heart started to beat at a fast pace. Oh no. This is not good. I should've listened to Himchan damn it, she talked to herself. To calm herself, she started whistling a tune out loud thinking maybe it'll get her mind of things when she entered a dark alley. It was the only was to reach her house and she had no choice but to brave herself to walk there. 

Creak.

"Wh-what was that?!" Bora turned to look behind to see where the noise derived from. But there was nothing there in the bare alley as only dumpsters and empty boxes can be seen. She began to panicked again and quickened her steps. Somehow the alley looks longer than she remembered that day. Just then, footsteps can be heard behind her too. 

"You're in deep Bora" she mumbled under her breathe as she walk at lightning speed. Soon enough the footsteps can be clearly heard and it was getting nearer judging from the sound of it. Trying her best not to panicked, she reached out into her bag for her phone. Shaking, she quickly pressed the speed dial to Himchan's number but there was no answer. She tried again hoping he'll pick up this time. Pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up, she chanted in her head as tears began to well up in her eyes. 

"Hello?" He answered.

However, before she could answer him back, a hand forcefully grabbed and also her waist pulling her backwards from behind. From the sudden attack, she dropped her phone on the ground. 

"Bora? Hellooooooo~ Yoohoo~ Aish this girl. I told you not to put me on speed dial. This is not the first time you accidentally call me." Himchan hanged up.

Bora overheard him but she couldn't call for help since her voice was muffled by the hand that was covering . She struggled violently, elbowing the person behind and stepping on his toes. She felt helpless. Tears streamed down her face as she shout in vain. Bora won't give up, the best thing she could think of is to grab something from her bag. Amidst the struggle, she manage to grab ahold of a pointy object in her bag and quickly used it to stab the guy behind her. Fortunately, the man flinched from the pain and using that opportunity, she wriggle free from his grip and ran for it. She ran as her life depended on it. She exited the dark alley and made her way back to the university to find and protection and help since that's the nearest place.

She ran and ran without caring about anything else. Lucky for her, the first person she saw was Chansung who was exiting the school gate. Without checking for traffic she dashed across and ran towards him. 

"Oh hey Bo-" Changsung was caught off guard after seeing the state Bora was in. She was missing one shoe, her hair was all messed up and was gasping for air. Bora reached out and hugged him ever so tightly. "Help me Chansung ah." She burst out in tears while hugging him. Chansung felt lost and the only thing he could do was try to calm her down as she was trembling like a lost puppy.

"There, there. I'm right here." Chansung patted her head and hugged her back, pressing her closer to his chest. He always imagine himself hugging Bora, he always wanted to hug her but not like this. Though he was blushing like crazy, he was worried sick for her. He dare not ask her what happen since she wasn't in a stable state yet.

"C'mon let's head to the police station" Chansung pulled her away from the hug and tried to convince her.

Chansung took her to the police station to forge a report on what had happen.

"You okay now?" Chansung asked after finding out what had happened to Bora. The two was sitting on a bench outside the police station after finish submitting a recount on what happen to Bora. Bora sighed while nodding and leaned on Chansung's shoulder. She was tired after an traumatizing night. Chansung on the other hand was sitting up very stiffly upon feeling her head resting on his shoulder. 

"It's gonna be okay now, I'm here" He said, still sitting up stiffly.