New Beginnings / Final

Opposites Attract

Next Day, Jaejin's POV

I walked to school, wondering how I would tell them about Seunghyun being my boyfriend. Come on, Jaejin... They're your friends! They won't hate you just because you like someone that they don't like... I encouraged myself. A few minutes had passed and I finally got to school. I saw Hongki and the rest of the gang waiting for me in front of the gates. When I came up to them, they were going to go inside, but I stopped Hongki by grabbing on to his arm. Hongki turned and looked at me with complete confusion on his face. "What's wrong, Jaejin?" He questioned.

"Yeah, and can't you tell him after we get inside?" Yonghwa asked, tightening his arms around himself since it was cold out. I shook my head.

"No, I have to tell you guys, now!" I insisted. Hongki sighed.

"Fine... But, let's go to the compound first..." He suggested. The compound was like a parking garage, but it had door leading into the school and no place for cars, just a place for us to hang out and stay in if it was too cold. "Okay, what do you need to tell us so badly that it couldn't wait 'till we got inside?" Hongki questioned.

"Well... I..." How am I supposed to say this? I was so nervous about telling them. But then, Seunghyun came into my mind. The reason why he broke up with me is 'cause he was treated badly by my friends... Because I didn't tell them... I reminded myself. If I don't tell them now, then... Then, I could lose him forever! I don't want that... "Guys, I'm in a relationship." I said. The guys looked really shocked, but then smiled at me.

"Really? Who's the lucky guy, Jaejin?" Hongki questioned.

"I..." I started, but couldn't say it.

"Jaejin... Tell me!" Hongki demanded with a gentle voice.

"But... But y-you'll hate me..." I said, looking down.

"Hate you?" Hongki questioned. "Jaejin, you're my best friend! Honestly, I don't care who the guy is... I could care less if he's popular or a loser, if he's hot or a nerd. I don't care. As your best friend, all I want is for you to be happy!" I looked up at him with a smile. Even if Hongki could be a real jerk to majority of the school, he knows when to be a real friend. That's what we all like about him.

"Thanks, hyung!" I beamed.

"So? Tell us! Who's the guy you like?" Hongki questioned again.

"Actually... I think I love him..." I mumbled, but I knew that Hongki had heard me because of the beaming smile and bright eyes he was giving me.

"Okay, now you HAVE to tell me!" Hongki said with so much excitement that he had emphasized the word have.

"Alright hyung..." I promised. "I love Seunghyun..." I finally confessed to them. They all had a shocked face, especially Minhyuk and Hongki.

"Seunghyun?" Hongki questioned. "You mean Song Seunghyun? The guy who stood up to me when I tried to kick him and his friends out of the table?" I nodded.

"I told you... I knew you wouldn't like him..." I said. Hongki sighed.

"It's okay..." He assured. "Sure, I don't like him, but I don't care. If he makes you happy, then we're here to support you!"

"Thanks again, hyung."

"Anytime... Invite him over for lunch, okay?" Hongki asked.

"Sure." I smiled.

"Okay, now let's go inside... It's so cold..." With that said, we all went inside.

Hongki's POV

Well, I'm glad that we know who Jaejin loves... And, if Seunghyun comes to sit with us today for lunch, then so will his friends Jonghun and Minhwan! I thought as a smile came to my face. Finally, I'll get to talk to Jonghun!

Lunch, Author's POV

Seunghyun came with Jaejin to where the other kingkas sat. Just like Hongki had predicted, Jonghun and Minhwan had come along too. "Hey, guys, this is Seunghyun." Jaejin introduced. The other kingkas smiled at him.

"And, the other two?" Jungshin asked.

"Jonghun and Minhwan... His best friends!" Jaejin explained. Yonghwa frowned.

"I don't remember Hongki saying that they could come..."

"Whatever, if it makes Seunghyun comfortable with us, then I don't mind..." Hongki waved it off. The four of them sat down before everyone started to talk amongst each other. Minhyuk apologized to Jaejin and vise-versa. Minhwan was talking with Yonghwa, Jonghyun, and Junshin. Jonghun, well, he just stayed silent and Hongki wanted to fix that. "Jonghun." Hongki called. "How have you been? I haven't talked to you in a while..." The kingka tried to start a conversation with the other. Jonghun didn't look at him once before standing up and leaving the table, which made Hongki really surprised and hurt.

"Hongki hyung, what's wrong?" Jungshin asked. Hongki looked at him with saddness written all over his face.

"I... I think I love Jonghun..." Hongki confessed. All eyes at the table turned to him. "But... He won't talk to me or even look at me..." Seunghyun and Minhwan looked at each other before sighing.

"Hongki sunbae-nim..." Seunghyun started. Hongki gave him his attention. "Jonghun hyung doesn't avoid people without a good reason..."

"Then, why is he avoiding me?" Hongki questioned.

"Because..." Seunghyun started, not knowing if Jonghun wanted this information to get to Hongki or not.

"Because?" Hongki asked again. Seunghyun sighed. He didn't want to betray his hyung, but Hongki was soon going to be his friend and he wanted to get on to good terms with him.

"Because, he liked you... No, more like loved you when you said those cruel things to him." Hongki's eyes widened with realization and he face-palmed himself.

"That's why... I really hurt him, didn't I?" Hongki questioned to no one, but Seunghyun and Minhwan nodded. "Aish, I have to go find him!" Hongki announced and before anyone could stop him, he was already out of the cafeteria.

Jonghun's POV

I left the cafeteria and went to the front of the school. I have to keep avoiding him... At least until these feelings for Hongki go away! I thought, sitting down on the cold bench. I didn't really care how cold it was right now, I just needed to get away from Hongki. Why would he even say that stuff to me? What did I do wrong? I thought everything was going fine between us... I sighed out with irritation. Then, there was a voice calling for me from the distance. I looked over to see a running figure approaching me, but they were to far for me to see the face. When the figure came closer, I saw that it was Hongki. I stood up and attempted to get away from him, but he grabbed my arm before I could! "Let go of me!" I yelled at him.

"No, listen to me first..." Hongki ordered, but I kept struggling in his grasp. He let me go slightly, but only to back-hug me to get a better hold. "Please, Jonghun... Can you at least give me a chance to explain?"

"What are you talking about?" I demanded.

"I'm talking about what I said to you the other day!" I stopped struggling when he said that.

"It's fine... I was stupid to think you would ever consider me a friend..." I said sadly.

"No, you've got it all wrong..." Hongki insisted. "I said that to you 'cause I was scared... I loved you, but I didn't want to admit it!" This made me widen my eyes with shock. He loved me?

"You loved me?" I asked. Hongki turned me around to face him.

"I still do! But, now I can admit it." Hongki admitted.

"What makes now any different? Both of us are still the same..." I pointed out.

"I know... But, now that Jaejin confessed about Seunghyun, I have more confidence that they won't hate me or that I won't get shunned because I'm in love with you."

"Ah... So, you were scared of the same thing?" I asked. Hongki nodded. "You two are both really stupid!" I commented, before kissing him. When I pulled away, we were both smiling.

"So, you'll give me a chance?"

"Yeah, I will!" With that said, Hongki hugged me tightly.


A/N: Okay, it's done! I hope you guys liked it. Thank you to all of you that supported me, I appreciate it!