Chapter 6

Opposites Attract

The Next Day

The students of the school stared in wonder as they watched Hongki and Jonghun having a decent conversation. "Why are they looking at us like that?" Jonghun questioned the older. Hongki shrugged.

"I don't know... I think maybe 'cause I'm talking to you without actually yelling at you..."

"Oh... I never actually thought of that, but you maybe right!"

"Yeah... Lets go somewhere a bit more private next time we have to work on this project..." Hongki suggested.

"Agreed!"

"But then again, we should go now!" Hongki said, pulling Jonghun up and leading him to the roof of the school. "That was so stressful!" Hongki breathed once they were safely on the roof.

"How so?" Jonghun questioned.

"Well, maybe not for you, but for me... I mean, they were talking about me so judgingly... I'm not used to it."

"Oh, that's what you mean..."

"Yeah! What did you think I meant?"

"Oh, nothing... Lets just get working on the project!" Jonghun suggested. Hongki eyed him suspiciously, but the shrugged it off as nothing. They practiced for about half an hour before both of them got tired of it. "Let's rest! My hand is cramping up!"

"Okay..." Hongki agreed, leaning his back against the door leading to the roof. Jonghun noticed that he had sweat on him so he gently wiped it off, making Hongki blush.

"Yah! What are you doing?" Hongki exclaimed.

"Wiping your sweat off..." Jonghun answered. Hongki slapped his hands away.

"Don't do that! Aish, I'm going!"

"Wait, we have to practice!"

"Tomorrow!"

The Next Day, Hongki's POV

I can't be in love with him, it will for sure ruin my reputation! I thought, walking to school. I can't be friends with him either... I continued as I entered the school. My friends were waiting for me at my locker, but something was wrong. Jaejin wasn't here again. "Guys, where's Jaejin?" I questioned. They all shruged.

"We don't know either... He hasn't picked up his phone or anything..." Yonghwa explained. I hope he's okay...

At Lunch

Jonghun came up to the roof and I glared at him. "I thought we could practice today!" He smiled at me, obviously not seeing my glare.

"Fine, whatever..." I said, waving it off.

"Hongki, are you okay?" Jonghun questioned, sitting beside me.

"I'm fine!" I said coldly. "Why do you care anyway?"

"Why do I care? Because, you're my friend."

"Friend?" I snapped at him. "Do you really think we're friends? I would NEVER be friends with someone like you! The only reason I'm close to you is because of the project in art! If it wasn't for that, I woudn't even bother to give you one glance! You honestly aren't worth it..." I said, looking at his hurt face. He looked like he was going to break down, but held it in.

"Hongki... Y-You d-don't really mean that, do you?" Jonghun asked. I gave him the coldest glare I could.

"Of course I mean that! I've never thought of you as a friend, just as a partner for the assighnement! You were stupid in thinking that I would EVER befriend you!" I said. For some reason, saying this really hurt me. I knew I had to protect my reputation, but to do this to him is just so painful. No! Lee Hongki, what you're thinking right now is nonsense! I can't let him get to me...

"You're a jerk, Hongki!" Jonghun muttered, walking away from me. He seemed really hurt, but I could care less right now. "I HATE YOU!" I heard him yell at me before leaving the roof. Okay, now that hurt! I thought.

Jaejin's POV

I didn't go to school today, just like yesterday. I just couldn't go to school, not after what Seunghyun has said to me. Definitely not after that. It shot me in the heart like a bullet, breaking my heart into pieces. I love him so much... I thought. I gave him everything... Love, care, kindness... Why did he suddenly break up with me? Why did Minhyuk even come into the picture? Why did Seunghyun say all of that stuff to me? I thought. These were the questions that were haunting me since that day that Minhyuk and I had a fight over Seunghyun. And, they still are haunting me. They will probably haunt me until I get an answer for these questions, but I really didn't have anything to go back to even if I did find the answers. Seunghyun hates me, period!


A/N: Depressing chappie... Sorry, I've been so busy with school! SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT!