Chapter 7

Opposites Attract

A Couple Days Later

Jonghun hasn't talked or looked at Hongki since the day he said that they weren't friends and this was bugging Hongki terribly. He didn't know why, but it hurt to know that Jonghun was ignoring him. And today, Hongki just couldn't take Jonghun ignoring him anymore. He went to Jonghun's locker to wait for him and when he finally came, he yet again ignored Hongki. Now, you're wondering how Jonghun manages to ignore Hongki in art class if they're partners, right? Simple, he just skips art, even if that is his favourite subject in school. He skips it because he doesn't want to talk to Hongki after being hurt like that. "Jonghun." Hongki called, but got no response as Jonghun just continued to get his stuff from his locker. "Jonghun, talk to me!" Hongki demanded. Jonghun just ignored him and closed his locker before leaving Hongki dumbfounded.

Hongki's POV

Why is he ignoring me? I understand that I was being harsh, but does he really need to ignore me? I questioned myself, walking to my own locker to get my stuff and meet my friends outside the building. Tomorrow I will get him to talk to me! I met my friends outside, but noticed that Jaejin wasn't here again. This is about the fifth time that he hasn't come to school, I'm so worried about him...

Jonghun's POV

That jerk! He says the most harsh thing to me and then he tries and talks to me? What's up with him? Gosh, he's just too much! How in the world did I ever fall in love with him? I questioned myself. Yes, I loved him and that's why I'm ignoring him now, to forget about him and probably move on to someone else who will return my feelings. I met Seunghyun and Minhwan ouside of the building and we walked home together, but Seunghyun looked worried about something. "Seunghyun, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, hyung..." He assured. "I just have to go somewhere before going home, I'll see you two tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay, bye!" Minhwan and I waved together. With that, Seunghyun ran in a different direction from us.

Seunghyun's POV

Why am I worried about Jaejin? He was a terrible boyfriend anyway... Sure, he gave me everything, but there was one thing that he never did give me... I thought, but shook off the terrible memories as I was in front of Jaejin's house. I rang the doorbell and his mom answered the door. She looked really pleased to see me for some reason. "Seunghyun! Come in, come in!" I entered the house and looked around, but couldn't find Jaejin anywhere.

"Mrs. Lee, where's Jaejin?" I questioned. She gave me a sad look.

"He has been locked up in his room for the past couple of days... I don't know what happened to him, he wouldn't tell me or his appa anything! But, it seems as if he's going through a depression faze." She explained. A depression faze? I questioned in my head.

"Can I see him?" I asked.

"If he opens up, then yes." She replied, leading me up the stairs to Jaejin's room. "Jaejin, sweety, you have a visitor."

"I don't wanna see anyone right now..." Jaejin replied from the other side.

"Honey, it's Seunghyun." She insisted. No reply. "Sorry, Seunghyun, looks like he really doesn't want to see anyone right now..."

"It's okay, I can get into his room." I assured, pulling out a bobby-pin and picking the lock.

"Okay, and please try to get him out of that room... I'm really worried about him." She said and left me to what I was doing. I finally got his room unlocked and went in. I saw him lying on his bed, looking blankly at the ceiling and to be honest, he looked pretty terrible! He was in his pajamas and his eyes were so puffy like he was crying for a couple days now. His hair was pretty greasy looking so I'm guessing that he hasn't taken a shower in a couple days either.

"Jaejin!" I called out. He looked at me and his eyes radiated sadness for a second before he turned back to the ceiling of his room. "Jaejin... Are you okay?" No reply. What kind of a question was that? Of course he's not fine! I scolded myself.

"Just go away..." Jaejin muttered under his breath. "Go to Minhyuk!"

"No! Not 'till you tell me what's wrong!" I persisted. "And, I'm not dating Minhyuk!" He looked at me again and then sighed.

"Why do you even care? You were the one who broke up with me and broke my heart when saying all that hurtful stuff the other day!"

"I know..." I admitted with my head down. "But, I still care about you... In fact, I still love you!" Jaejin's eyes widened with shock.

"Then, why did you break up with me?" He demanded, sitting up. "I gave you everything!"

"Not everything..." I said.

"Other than my ity, everything!" Jaejin insisted.

"No, I wasn't even counting that..."

"Then what? What didn't I give you?"

"You didn't give me attention in front of your friends! You never even told your friends that I was your boyfriend!" I snapped at Jaejin. "Do you know how I felt because of that?"

"I-I..." Jaejin stuttered. "I never thought that was your reason to break-up with me... Honestly, Seunghyun, I'm so sorry!" Jaejin said as tears came out of his eyes.

"You're an idiot... Honestly..." I muttered. Jaejin looked down with shame written all over his face.

"I know that you most likely won't accept... But..." Jaejin started.

"But?" I asked.

"But..." Jaejin started, but hesitated.

"Just say it!" I demanded.

"Will you give me another chance?" Jaejin finally asked, having so much hope in his eyes. But then, after a second, that hope disappeared. I blinked at him before sighing.

"I don't know..." I admitted.

"But, you still like me!" He pointed out. I nodded.

"Yes, but I don't want to get hurt again by your friends who don't know that I'm your boyfriend..."

"I'll tell them!" Jaejin insisted, grabbing on to my arm. "Please, Seunghyun, give me another chance!" He begged me, which was honestly really pathetic. I sighed before answering.

"Fine... Just, stop begging, you know I hate that!" He immediately pulled me into a hug and then kissed me as soon as he broke the embrace.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He said with joy, a little too much joy... "I'll tell them tomorrow when getting to school."

"Okay..." I smiled. "I have to go anyways, but I'll see you tomorrow."

"Why do you have to go already?" Jaejin questioned.

"Too much homework..."

"Do it here!"

"No..." I waved off the suggestion. "I'll see you tomorrow!" With that, I turned and left his room.

"Okay... Bye!" I heard Jaejin call. Let's see if he can be a good boyfriend the second time around I thought, leaving the house.


A/N: Yay, they're back together! No, I don't really ship them, but I just like happy endings! Anyways, I think next chapter will be the last one. SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT!