Chapter 3

Opposites Attract

So, Hongki and Jonghun are partners and Seunghyun broke up with Jaejin. They might not know it, but these two events were big turning points in their lives!

The Next Day, Jonghun's POV

"I can't believe I have to work with you!" I exclaimed. Hongki rolled his eyes.

"Oh, you should consider this an honor!"

"Yes, 'cause you almost killed one of my best friends!"

"Okay, I only pushed him against the table... That's no where near killing him."

"If I hadn't come in between you two, you probably would have killed him!" I retorted.

"Whatever... Can we get to work and just decide what kind of project we're going to do?"

"Um, what about a song?"

"A song?" Hongki questioned. "Can you sing?"

"A little... I can play guitar though." I confessed. "Can you sing?"

"Yeah." Hongki said. "So, I guess it will work out!"

"Yeah." I agreed. "Now, we just need a song to sing..."

"Or, we can write a song!" Hongki suggested. I looked at him.

"Write a song?"

"Yeah! It shouldn't be that hard to match words with a tune, right?"

"Um, let's just stick to singing a song... How good is your voice?"

"It's really good!" Hongki boasted. Of course he's boasting about himself... What else did I expect from Lee Hongki? I thought.

"Well, let's hear it!" I demanded. Hongki sighed before singing one of the first lines of I Hope by FT Island. He was right, his voice really was good! When he was done, he gave me a questioning look. I just stared at him. His voice was so good that I couldn't find words to describe it, but I think I just fell in love with him.

"Jonghun, how was that?" Hongki asked.

"Uh, it-it was..." I stuttered. What the hell is happening to me? I thought. "It was good!" I said.

"Good?" Hongki questioned. "Don't you mean great?" And, he wrecks it with his boasting...

"Yeah, whatever..."

Author's POV

Meanwhile, Seunghyun was working with Minhyuk in the school library at lunch. Yes, he was now partnered with Minhyuk, who was his ex-boyfriend's friend, but that didn't really bother him. Seunghyun just wanted to get this project done as soon as possible so he wouldn't have to deal with this guy ever again. "Um, are you okay?" He heard Minhyuk ask.

"Psh, what do you care?" Seunghyun retorted.

"I care! I'm human too, you know?" Minhyuk questioned. Seunghyun sighed with defeat.

"You're right... Sorry... I just... It's weird working with you."

"Why?"

"Well, after what happened with Hongki and considering you're Hongki's friend, we're not exactly on good terms." Seunghyun explained. There was also the thing about Jaejin, but no way he was going to tell Minhyuk about that.

"Ah, that... Don't worry about it. Hongki was just mad about someone actually standing up to him other than us."

"So, he won't do that again?"

"No garantees." Minhyuk shrugged. Seunghyun gave him a look of fright. "I'm kidding! He doesn't hold things against anyone, even if he's mean to people."

"Aish, you jerk!" Seunghyun exclaimed.

"Yah, I'm not that bad!" Minhyuk retorted. Seunghyun sighed.

"Sorry, I've had bad times with your friends..."

"You mean Hongki?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, I'm different... I..." Minhyuk started, but then thought against it.

"You what?"

"Nothing, let's just keep working!"

"Okay..."

Meanwhile

Jaejin watched as the two of them worked. He glared at the two being all friendly with each other. I will not let him get away from me Jaejin thought before going back to his partner who was waiting for him in the cafeteria.


A/N: Okay, well, a lot of things happened in this chapter... Jonghun and Hongki are closer, Seunghyun is also close with Minhyuk, and Jaejin is bent on destroying their friendship! Please, SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT!