Opposites

Opposites Attract

It was lunch time and the school's cafeteria was buzzing with people. Like any school, there were seperate tables. One for the jocks and cheerleaders, another for the nerds and geeks, and etc. There was Jonghun, Seunghyun, and Minhwan at one table. They weren't popular, nor were they at the geek level. They were just, average. But then again, that's what a lot of people considered to be abnormal in the school. "There aren't any seats left..." The group heard someone say.They knew the voice well, it was Hongki, the school's top kingka.

"So? Just push one of these losers out." His best friend, Jaejin, suggested. Hongki shrugged and headed to where Jonghun and his friends were sitting. "Okay, you guys, get lost."

"What? But, we were here first!" Seunghyun complained, not being afraid of the kingka.

"Just go!" Jaejin exclaimed. In reality, he was dating Seunghyun, but didn't ever admit it to Hongki or anyone else since they would hate him for it. Seunghyun looked at Jaejin with a hurt expression but got up off of his seat.

"Come on guys... These jerks are just being jerks again." Seunghyun commented, making sure Jaejin heard what he had said. Jaejin glared at him instead of having a hurt expression. Hongki on the other hand was pissed.

"Yah, what did you say?" Hongki asked, grabbing Seunghyun by the collar of his shirt. Seunghyun was now scared and looking at his boyfriend desperately for some help. Jaejin turned away, not wanting to see what Hongki would do. Seunghyun felt his heart break as Hongki shoved him into a table. "I asked you a question, are you deaf or something."

"Stop it, Hongki!" Jonghun intervened. "Seunghyun wasn't thinking when he said that. Just let him go, please!"

"Fine..." Hongki growled. "But, next time, watch your mouth! I won't be so easy on you next time! Got that?" Seunghyun nodded before getting up and the three friends left.


"He's such a freakin' jerk!" Seunghyun complained when they were at the roof. "How the hell do you get through to him?" He questioned Jonghun. The older could only shrug. The three were now on the roof of the school, having lunch, since their table was taken away from them.

"I don't know... Maybe 'cause I don't get on his nerves as often as you do."

"Oh, shut up! He's mean to everyone in school... I don't see why all the girls love him so much." Seunghyun said.

"Well, maybe 'cause girls are into bad boys these days." Minhwan suggested.

"Yeah... Jonghun hyung, you should be like that so that girls can be all over you!" Seunghyun commented.

"No way!" Jonghun exclaimed. "You know that's not me... I couldn't be a bad guy..."

"Yeah, you're too nice for that." Minhwan pointed out.

"You're the total opposite of Hongki." Seunghyun added on. Jonghun nodded.


"Hongki hyung... You should be at least a little bit more nice." Jaejin pointed out.

"What? Why do you say that? You've never said that before and now you're saying it after I kicked those guys out of the table?" Hongki questioned. "Do you like one of them? I mean, I know how you're gay and all..."

"Of course not!" Jaejin exclaimed. "I just think you should be a little bit more nice... It's not healthy to always be mean, you know?"

"And, what will kindness ever get you in this world? That's why they're not that popular, they're too nice!" Hongki pointed out as their other friends came to sit with them. "Hey, buy lunch again?"

"Yeah." Yonghwa answered. "You know my parents are too busy to pack me a lunch and that I'm lazy..."

"That's true... Plus, we're all rich, so it doesn't matter." Hongki said, waving his hand like it didn't matter.

"Exactly!" Yonghwa agreed.

"So, who did you kick out this time to get this table?" Minhyuk asked.

"Oh, just some average kids... One of them is in my math class... I think his name is Jonghun..." Hongki answered.

"Ah, Jonghun and his friends..." Jungshin replied with a tone of knowing in his voice.

"Yeah." Hongki said.

"You know, now that I think about it, you guys are total opposites of each other!" Jonghyun commented. Honkgi raised an eyebrow, silently questioning him. "Well, people say you're mean while people say that he's nice, you've got a lot of friends while he only has two, you have a lot of girls around you while he only has a few, and you're rich while he's poor."

"Woah, Jonghyun's right! You two are opposite of each other!" Jaejin exclaimed. "Don't they say that opposites attract? I wonder if that will happen here..."

"Oh please!" Hongki said. "I might be gay, but he's DEFINATELY not my type..."

"Okay, hyung... Whatever you say..." Jaejin said teasingly.


A/N: I hope you all liked it! It's my second FT Island story, so please no flames... Anyways, SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT!