Voices

Guns 'n' Roses

 

It was dark and the stars twinkled above. I was in my usual attire, black t-shirt and jeans, canvas shoes and a beanie. Seems a little cliché , but oh well. The city was bustling with shoppers, clubbers and anyone out for a drink. I turned away from the scene and started to sprint along the roof. It was time to do the favour. The edge was getting closer, my foot hit the ledge and I pushed myself off. The building under was coming close and fast. MY hands out, I rolled as soon as I felt something solid. Panting from adrenaline, I looked up, I only had a few more buildings to go. The next, a little taller.

Breathing in, I sprinted to the ledge and leaped to the side of the building. I thanked god for choosing this side to have windows. My hands, frantically tried to grab onto something. When my left hand gripped a ledge, I calmed myself down and looked up, I have four stories to climb. Using my strength, I climbed over windows, edging myself to a fire escape, I swung my legs over the bars and grabbed the railing for support. My arms were complaining but I pushed it away. I scrambled up the fire escape, ignoring my body’s complaints. Finally, I reached the top and took a breather. A small noise started to erupt. I shot up and looked around. The sound kept ringing. Till I realised it was my phone. I searched my pockets and pulled it out. 

“Hello” I answer.

“Uh, Hi, I want to say sorry, for last night can you forgive me?” TOP’s husky voice, sang through the phone.

“Uh, I’m doing something right now, and no, I won’t, but you owe me a favour,” I hanged up and shoved the phone in my back pocket. 

After I finished, jumping buildings to buildings, I looked over SM’s building. Tall, sleek...home. My eyes were ready to betray me but I blinked them back and remembered I was on a mission. I walked to opposite side of the building, turned and breathed. Calming myself down. I sprinted, using my new energy, I jumped off the edge, reaching the roof top of the building. I tumbled along the roof until I stopped myself. I laid there until I got my breath back. Pushing myself up, I walked to the door. Silently, making my way down the stairs till they came to a stop. I opened it a crack. Silence answered my question and I slide out and closed the door behind me. I know this building like the back of my hand, I ran silently under cameras splashing a small black paint from a little tub on the domes. I always carry it. Corridors with doors, opening to rooms that only accommodated the enemies. I hurried out of this side of the level and to the other, the place where everything and anything can be stored. Not digitally, but all the records we keep are written then saved on the hard drives. It was only so if anything was gone and we have no second copy on the drive, we can always come and check. 

The door had nothing marked, but I guessed anyway. Pushing the handle down. Locked. Of course, but I had other ways. I extended my wrist out and unclipped a charm from my bracelet. Pressing the button, the key charm, grew twice it’s size. I smiled and used the key. Fingers crossed, I breath a sigh of relief, a little click and I was inside. Pressing the charms button again and it minimised and I clicked it back onto the bracelet. I searched for the file Project D.A, something I haven’t heard of. Going straight to ‘D’ I pulled a drawer out and scanned the file names. Surprisingly it wasn’t first, three drawers later, I pulled out the thick file and opened it, It was about an ancient project that killed a lot of people. I frowned in confusion in Ji Yong’s interest. The I heard the door swing open. Light flooded into the large area. I ran down the aisle, going deeper in the darkness. Then turning a corner, I found a large cupboard and opening it, large clothing was hanging. I frowned and then rolled my eyes. How cliché. I stepped in and left the door open a crack. I crouched when I reached the back corner of the large cupboard. I prayed that no one would find me.

 

Footsteps echoed around the room. I could hear two different paces, two people. They were talking in hush tones, one a little angry the other, soft and reasoning. They were coming closer. 

“You need to stop this! She could hurt someone!” The first, angry.

“No, I don’t, she can help us, help everyone” The second, calm.

“Thats what they said before they blew up the place!” The voice hissed.

“Look, Jessica, you have a point, but she needs to finish this mission!” The second said.

“You are making up excuses! You care for her, I know it, are you forgetting she isn’t human!?” Jessica said, a little louder then a whisper.

The other grunted, “Why have you brought me here?” 

“To show you this!” The sound of banging of drawers echoed.

“What..where is it?!” She started to sound frantic. 

“Look, you are wasting my time!” The voice walked away. 

“She’ll kill us all!!” She shrieked. 

I started to breath again as I heard her exit the room. Questions, bubbled to the surface, but I pressed them down, knowing I have to get out. Out fast.