Let's Fight

The Heavenly Tower

Well, that was certainly awkward. I gulped and snuck a peak at Myungsoo. He was sitting on the wet, muddy grassland, with his head burried into his knees and his arms wrapped around him. I stared for a couple more seconds and averted my attention back to the stick, thin tree.

Yes, that was indeed awkward. I suppose I should enjoy the tree rather than him....for now.

"Hey..."

I quickly flipped my head towards him, somehow anticipating what he would say. It made me wonder if I really had fell for him within this week. But that doesn't really make sense, does it? I mean, besides him giving me cold-shoulders, mean glares and rude comments, I can't find even one aspect of him that is worthy of my attention.

There was... actually a few. We always manage to turn the littlest thing into a argument, I guess that's where our close communication comes from. And yes, he does have the looks.... Quite handsome too. I pressed my lips together at the thought of it. It was as if that thought tasted something like sweet but sour. And now I don't know whether or not if I should just accept the fact it's sweet or spit it out cause it's sour.

"So..."

I nodded my head, still waiting for his answer.

"I'm hungry, you?"

Oh wow. That was defintiely what I wanted to hear.

"N-not so much."

He looked at me weirdly.

"Are you trying to go on a diet? Who wouldn't be hungry in this situation?"

"Uh? Me?"

"You don't count."

"Too bad, I'm the only one here with you so I do count."

He sighed and scratched his head. He took a twig and started swirling it in the ground. It was late in the night, still no traces of IU or Wooyoung.

"Should we start looking? For IU and Wooyoung?"

"And what? Get killed? Be my guest."

"Well! We can't sit here and do nothing!!"

"The other contestants are out there! Do you really want to die?!"

"We won't get killed! Weren't you confident in your skills?"

Oh look. Another fight brewing right up.

"What about you? Just cause you got Tharraleous, you think you're all strong and stuff?" He shouted back. His eyebrows crossed, looking angry but I knew as much as he did that he was enjoying the fight. It did break our silence. Fighting was definitely more lively than being quiet, sitting on a tree stump, with overly awkward air.

"Yes, I do think that." I crossed my arms too, giving him a playful smirk.

He took that as a challenge and stood up.

"Fight me."

"Oh yea? I'll beat you!"

I stood up too and pointed my sheathed sword at him. He looked at the sword and laughed.

"You're serious?"

"Yea, why not? Let's go!"

"You'll get injured. I'm strong and I'm not a man if I hit a girl."

"Pretend that I'm a guy." Holy nuts, I've gone psycho. I, the perfectionist, the aboe beauty, is now telling a guy to think of me as a guy.

He cocked his eyebrows at me and shook his head.

"Crazy woman."

"Crazy enough to be with you."

"Aish! Jinja! You-"

A piercing scream was heard throughout the forest. We both stopped and blinked around us. The trees swayed lightly in rhythm to the cold wind. We slowly pivoted using our right feet and glanced around our surroundings. Myungsoo glanced at me and was sending ME silent signals. Holy cow, I actually understood it too.

What should we do ? he eyed me.

I scrunched up my face and spread my arms outs, waving them frantically. How am I supposed to know? Uh, mister? You're THE leader of the group.

He rolled his eyes. Don't try to use my position against me!

I frowned and pointed at him. I'm telling the truth!

He frowned too and pointed back at me. Well, currently, we need to get out of here! He pointed behind me. That way.

I nodded, slowly turning around. As quietly as we can, we walked towards the south side of the forest.

Myungsoo bit his lips as he held onto my, well, techinically his jacket, following along. We were almost out of the thick trees and dark night as we saw a glistening waterfall. I smiled brightly and pointed at the waterfall. Myungsoo smiled and pushed me go forward.

"Stop right there!" A husky voice boomed out.

We both froze in our spots. We turned towards the source of the voice.

Myungsoo looked at me and I looked back at him. One word going through our head.

Crap.

We've been caught. I grabbed onto Myungsoo as a whole group of contestants came out. Each one of them holding a completely spiky and edgy weapon. Oh damn, it must hurt t be pricked by those, huh?

Surprisingly, the leader was quite... on the good looking side.

"Who are you guys?" He tipped his head to the side, smiling slightly.

 

~MYUNGSOO'S POV~

I glared at the man. He didn't sem friendly and even if he was, I don't have any plans of becoming friendly. I peered over at Suzy to check on her and sure enough she was oogling at the guy. I wanted to face palm myself.

Aish! This girl! We're in this situation and she's oogling her eyes at guys?!

"Answer me." The leader smiled again but his eyes giving off a menacing aura.

"There's no need to." I replied cooly. I reached my hand to my back, slowly pulling out my sword. Suzy, who seems to have caught on, slowly reached for her weapon too. Funny to see how we were so synched during battles but when reality hits again, we'll be bickering over things again.

The guy covered his eyes as he errupted in laughter, shocking the jujubes out of me. Suzy who was taken aback too, looked at him as if he was crazy.

His hand still placed onto his face, he moved his forefinger so his right eye was leering down at us. The look in his eye told me something wasn't good. I stepped in front of Suzy.

"What are you doing?" She whispered.

"Shut up pabo! Something's not right with him. Be quiet."

"I can fight, you know." She pouted

"Let me protect you! Sheesh. You really won't let be a gentleman, would you?" I hissed.

She kept quiet.

"Gomawo." She whispered as she burried her face into the back part of my shirt.

I blushed before hissing at her again.

"A-aish.. My shirt's still wet..."

"Stop playing couple." The leader dude spoke softly into the darkness.

I drew my sword, pointing at him.

"You're unlucky to have met me. I will definitely not let you off."

"M-myungsoo..."

I ignored Suzy. Can she not see how cool I was right now?

"Myungsoo!"

"What?" I turned my head a little to face her. My eyes widen at the sight.

Suzy was completely trapped in a bubble of water. She pounded on the bubble as she screamed for my name. I gasped as I hit the bubble with my hand, trying to free her.

"What the-?!" I shouted. Sweat was dripping down my head as the bubble wouldn't even budge at my strength.

Please. Please! Break!

I could feel Suzy's tears. She was scared.

As strong as she boasted herself to be. As strong as she always claimed to be in front of me.

She was nothing more than a girl who needed protection.

My protection.

I quickly turned around.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?! LET HER GO!"

Suzy coughed.

Could she not breathe?! I slashed my sword onto the bubble. It didn't even budge at all.

"LET HER GO!" I pleaded, as tears starting poolign at me eyes.

The leader removed his hand from his eyes.

"Hm...."

I slumped onto my knees as I begged someone for the first time in my live.

"Let her go..."

He looked down at me. "Too bad." He let out a laugh before snapping his fingers, the bubble floating to his side.

Suzy looked at me with pleading eyes.

I could feel her message.

Save me, Myungsoo.

"See you later." The guy smiled and waved his hand as his group disappeared.

"WAIT! STOP!" I ran after them, their fading image.

I fell onto my knees, not believing what just happened.

Suzy.

I bit my lips as I kicked the tree.

! I let them get Suzy!! I promised!

I promised that I wouldn't let the ones I treasured get hurt!! Why now?!


A/N; Sorry for my crappy writing. ;A; I tried my best to show Myungsoo's sorrow and stuff when Suzy got taken away.
I guess it didn't appear as I liked it.