Contract with the Devil

The Heavenly Tower

~SUZY'S POV~

I smiled as I peered into the full-length mirror. I stared at my own reflection as I made a few twirls and smiled again.

Neat uniform, check!
Perfect Hair, check!
Clean nails, check!
No-make-up face, check!

I took one last peek in the mirror and slipped into a pair of school styled heels. I ran down the staircases giggling to myself like an idiot. Who wouldn't? Break is finally over and I can meet my friends again. Life is so boring in the house ever since my parents passed away. I live with my uncle now. He's always out and it's not like he'll ever give me the same love my parents gave me...

"Annyeonghaseyo Uncle!" I chirped.

Silence.

I expected that already. I'm not even surpsied.

Why is he my guardian? He doesn't even give two-s about me at all. He's probably out gambling again.I sighed. I couldn't help but feel disappointed that he doesn't care for me as much as I care for him. He's still my uncle, why won't he treat me as a better niece?

~~~

"Annyeong Suzy!"

I turned around to face a cheery, petite girl. I returned her greeting with a sweet smile. "Annyeong, Ji Eun."

"Aigoo. Perfect as always." Ji Eun huffed and examined me from head to toe. She shook her head, already knowing that this was how I dressed at school. Perfectly ironed uniform, styled hair and always made sure to flash my smiles at everyone.

"I'm as normal as I can be. Nobody's prefect."

Ji eun scoffed and shook her head. "Besides you, of course. Look at th- omo! Is that a new hairstyle? Ahh~ It's so adorable." She squealed.

I laughed at her sillyness. "Look at your own apple-hair. You're one to talk." I smiled at the lump of hair sticking out, tied with an elastic hairband.

"Yah!" she blushed and tried to cover her hair with her books. "Kaja! Class is going to start."

 

One step into the classroom and I seriously thought life couldn't be any better.

A tall, handsome man was seated in the front with hundreds of girls surrounding him.

No kidding, he was so handsome, because of the crowd, we could barely get into the classroom.

"Ji Eun, who is he?"

"Hm?" Ji eun glanced at the man. "Ah. A transfer student. He's handsome, isn't he?"

I blushed. "A-ani. He is good looking though..." I whispered.

He had almond shaped eyes, a perfect face to die for and his brown bangs swept to the side. He's seemed like a perfectionist. I wonder if he's like me. Spending hours to sharpen his own image.

Oh god, his hair looked so soft that I wanted to touch it.

I bit my lip and walked towards my seat.

Whatever, I'm not going to go all giggly-goo over him. I had better stuff to do than squeal around guys.

 

Before I even made it pass his desk, a firm hand clasped around my wrist.

"Suzy-ssi." He gazed into my eyes, smiling

 

Oh, god no.

Don't do that.

 

"W-what?" I tried to wiggle my hand away from his grasp. Was he weird or what? I hardly knew him yet he's acting as if we're reincarnated lovers.

"Can we talk for a moment?" He smirked and stood up to stand right in front of me.

I backed away. Something told me he was dangerous and I decided to trust my gut feeling no matter how handsome he is.

"No. I have nothing to do with you. Let go of me!"

 

Who does he think he is? Just randomly grabbing my hand and asking if we could talk.

Well well, no, of course! What a rude person.

I totally changed my view of him.

 

He slammed me against the wall, his hand on the wall, besides my head.

 

My my, a agressive and erted man too?

Looks can really be deceiving.

 

"What?!" I hissed.

For a moment, i thought I saw his eyes flash.

He reached into his jacket to pull something black out.

 

A GUN?

OH DEAR LORD.

 

I shut my eyes and pushed him back.

And guess what's next? My stupid rambling. Great.

 

"Don't kill me!! I don't even know you! Don't ruin my perfect life!!! Just leave me in peace. I beg of you, just leave me alone. I didn't know you're some sort of assasin or muderer or maybe some sort of agent but don't kill me! I'm not involved in this!" I shouted.

 

He stared at me weirdly and bursted into laughing.

Huh?!

 

"Here." He handed me a jet black envelope. "I want you to join the The Heavenly Tower."

"The what what?" I rasied my eyebrows at him.

"The Heavenly Tower. It would grant you anything you wish for." a sinister smile crept to his lips.

"No need. I have what I want." I scoffed and threw the envelope back at him

"Do you really?"

I bit my lips. I have everything but love.... Uncle can never give that to me..... nor could friends....

"Yes. I don't have anything I desire." I lied.

 

Wow, I'm doing pretty good. I never knew I was such a professional liar.

Maybe I should go act and win some awards.

 

"You'll regret what you said." He turned and walked back to his seat.

Regret? That word doesn't belong in my dictionary or world.

There is no such thing as regret.

~~~~~

It was getting late as I walked back home. Rain was pouring from the sky and thunder flashed everywhere.

I cringed as I heard a loud boom roaring from the sky.

I hated thunder. My parents used to sing a soothing song for me whenever I'm scared. I shook my head at that thought.
I can't miss my parents. They're dead and I need to move on. And sadly, the person I needed to move on with was my uncle. The unreliable man.

"Fighting Suzy!" I encouraged myself and ran down the streets.

I halted to a stop when I noticed the front doors wide open.

Is Uncle home? Why are the doors wide open? I swear I locked them when I left...

My eyes widened.

Thiefs? Robbers?

"No way..." I gasped. I trembled as I advanced towards the door. I peeked in. The house was completely dark and silent. My heartbeat rose.

What the hell was happening?

I inhaled and exhaled. C'mon Suzy, you can do this. I slowly made my way down the hallways, cautious of my surroundings and always looking left and right.

"U-uncle?" I squeaked into the darkness.

I could only hear silence and felt my hot breath coming out of my mouth.

"Uncle?" I spoke again, except louder this time.

"Are you Bae Suzy?"

I yelped and flipped around, only to be facing 2 muscular men, dressed in jet black suits with sunglasses on.

I clutched my silver necklace with my intials on it.

Dear god, Umma, Appa, please protect me from whatever is about to happen.

"W-who are you? Why are you in my house?" I stuttered.

One of the men with a deep scar on his cheek smirked. "We're here to collect money. This house is already sold."

"What do you mean?" I glared at them.

I was afraid alright but no way am I giving them the house my parents left me and my uncle.

"I mean exactly what I said. Your uncle gambled and lost money. He sold this house but this still isn't enough. He owes us 1 billion won."

I nearly fainted but I kept strong.

1 billion won?! That's a huge sum! I wouldn't ever be able to pay back!

"R-ridiculous!" I shouted. I gritted my teeth and stared stright back at them. Even though I'm in fear, I won't show it to them. I'm Bae Suzy! The Bae Suzy, I'm not going to back down just because they are stronger, taller and bigger.

"It's either you pay us back or..." the man smirked as he rubbed his big hands together.

Something tells me this isn't good. I wanted to run away. I wanted to get away from them.

I backed up. "What do you want?" My words barely came out as a whisper.

"Your body. You're a highschool school. Hmmm, you'll help earn alot?"

ion?! I stared at them with fear overtaking me. I trembled and kept backing up as they advanced towards me.

"What a-are y--go away! Don't t-touch m-me!" I stammered, trying to sound strong.

I glanced behind them. The door was open, and there was little space for me to run past them to the door. Should I?

I shut my eyes. It's now or never!!

I grabbed a nearby vase and launched it at them. I zipped past them towards the door.

The muscular men blocked the vase and took a moment to absorb what just happened.

I ran and ran and ran like my life depended on it.

Actually, my life did depend on it.

Tears streaked down my face in the rain as I used all my possible strength to escape from them.

"Ugh! STUPID UNCLE! WHY?! I JUST WANTED A NORMAL LIFE!!" I screamed

I looked behind me.

Nobody.

I felt relaxed for a moment until I heard some voices.

"Get her!"

"She's close by! She's a girl, she couldn't have gone far."

I tensed up and continued to run forward. I made many turns, hoping to lose them.

My legs finally gave way as I collasped onto the sidewalk. I didn't have the energy to run anymore.

I looked around me. All darkness.

I chuckled. "A normal life. Is that really hard to ask for?"

My tears and rain blended together as I just sat on the sidewalk and cried to my heart's content.

 

Umma, Appa, tell me what I should do.

I'm homeless.

I'm in 1 billion won debt.

Uncle left me.

I'm all alone...

 

I laughed at myself for being so useless. The perfect Suzy people always say, is now here, on her knees, crying.
I couldn't even keep up my strong image in front of those men.

Right at that moment, a black car was coming down the streets, towards my direction. I glanced up.

They caught up already?!

I shook my head as I quickly got up and ran again. I was already out of breath, all tired and scratched up. I screamed in pain as I tripped and fell onto the cold, hard, cement sidewalk.

I gazed at the black car. My eyes all empty. I don't have any hope left. None at all.

A tall man stepped out of the car and held a umbrella over my head.

I glanced up.

My mouth made an o shape as I whispered, "It's you.."

The transfer student smirked. "The name's Taecyeon." He held his hand out to me.

I smacked it away.

"What are you doing here? Are you trying to laugh at me because I'm all hopeless now?!" I shouted in anger.

He looked down at me calmly and sighed. "Annoying."

"What?" I stared at him with disbelief.

"You are hopeless. You should've just accepted my invitation."

"That stupid tower game? Don't be such a nerd. Games are only for entertainment, I don't need it!" I growled

"Oh? Just a game? It's a tower that grant wishes."

I laughed at his words. A tower that grant wishes? What a stupid idea.

"Don't make me laugh."

"Do you have something you desire?"

I didn't raise my head. I glued my eyes to the sidewalk.

As weird and as hateful he is, he's correct.

"No."

"Fine. Well be it then." He opened his car door, ready to leave.

 

I sighed. I didn't want him here anyways.

"Over there!! The girl!!" a voice screamed.

My head shot up in alert. I panicked. The men caught up!!

Ottoke?! Ottoke?!

I trembeld in fear, my mind wandering endlessly on what to do.

Then it hit me.

Taecyeon.

"Wait!!' I shouted and grabbed the car door.

He looked at me with bored eyes. "What?"

"I... I.... take me away from here." I whimpered.

"Why? Why should I help you?"

My eyes peered over at the muscular men, grinning at me with their ugly teeth and running towards me.

I don't want to go with those men.

I don't want to be sold off to prositution.

Even if I had to hold hands with the devil.

I grabbed Taecyeon's hand. "I have something I desire! I'll join the tower. Please."

He smirked and led me into the car seat.

"By all means... Suzy-ssi."

The car doors closed.

There was no turning back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeonhaseyo~ Suweetiesama ibnida~
I'm back with a new fanfic! The Heavenly Tower based on the Korean manhwa, Tower of God. All ideas are mine and they are original besides the theme of having a tower that grants your wishes.

Subscribe, Comment and Upvote~ Kamsahamnida <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out my fanfic, Because I Married You.