Myungsoo

The Heavenly Tower

~SUZY'S POV~

"I understand." a voice came.

I stopped and glanced up. Whose talking?

Everyone else seemed to be coming up with a plan of their own. I stood up and used the wall for support.

"Whose there?" I asked in a shaky voice.

Execrable.... My name is Execrable.

"The monster?!"

Well... I prefer you not call me that.

"Ah.... mian-ne... I-i'm just shocked."

My heartbeat rose. The monster can talk?!

He doesn't seem so bad. Did I misunderstand him?

Y'know, I understand how you feel. I don't want to be stuck here either.

"I can tell you're strong! Just break out!" I encouraged.

Ani, little girl. I'm bound to magical chains.

"Chains.... it locks all your freedom doesn't it?"

Yes... It does.

"C-could I help you?"

Free me from my chains. In return... I'll give you the key.

"Jinja?" I brightened. It was my chance to win this round and advance up.

Ne.

I smiled widely.

All I have to get him out of the chains that even....

My heart dropped.

the chains that Execrable couldn't even break himself. I'm not even stronger than him. If he can't break it, how could I?!

Like he could read my mind,

I do not have the power to break this chain but you have it.

"How?!"

That sword you are carrying, my dear.

I glanced at my side.

The sword Taecyeon gave me.

"B-but this is...."

That isn't any normal sword. The name of it is Tharraleous.

"Tharraleous..." I repeated gently.

It was a nice name. It sounded beautiful.

It means Courageous.

I perked up. "Jinja?"

Did taecyeon want me to be courageous?

Ani.

He knew I was courageous. I should be brave.

Because I have to fight for my dream.

I gripped the sword and nodded. "I'll break you free!"

Very well then.

The other contestants glared at me weirdly. They started whispering.

I didn't care. It was my time to shine. I was sick of always pretending to be perfect. I had my weaknesses, I had my insercurities. It's my turn to be myself. And I wasn't going to let this chance slip. Maybe I should be glad I'm here. The tower truly granted my wish. The wish to be free.

I ran towards the cage, regardless of the shocked contestants who stared at me.

"Is she crazy?!" "Another death..." "Recklessly charging in..." "What family is she from? Stupid!"

Comments started flying through the air but I didn't care. I slipped in the cage and ran towards the chain.

All of the sudden, a huge wave flew towards me.

"Ugh... What the--?" It was as if some force was pushing me back.

It's the wave forces. They're preventing people from breaking the chain.

What should I do? This force is really strong! I was starting to get pushed back. No matter how hard I tried to walk forward, the force just grew more fierce.

What can break this force?

My eyes laid upon my sword. Tharraleous..... Worth a try. I struggled to reach my hands near the sword on my side. I finally managed to grasp the handle.

What the--?! It's much more heavier than I thought it would be.

The sword came out of its sheath. It gleamed. For a second, I thought I felt a warm feeling coming from the sword.

"What is this?"

It seems to like you. The sword is meant for you, little girl.

Execrable smiled. I returned the smile and launched at the chain. With all my force, I pulled the sword back and slashed it at the chain.

A huge blue gleam of light shone. The chains started crackling and broke apart.

I'm finally free! Thank you!

I beamed brightly at the monster. I glanced at the sword and gave it a soft smile.

"Gomawo Tharraleous." I whispered. As if it was a living object, it gave off a small gleam then returned to normal.

But that happy moment didn't last long. All the contestants was staring at me. One of them sneered and shouted.

"Well well. What family are you from? Impossible. You didn't even fight the monster yet you got the key?"

"U-uhm.." I stammered.

A groupd of girls pointed their weapons at her. "Get the key from her!!"

"Wait!" I interrupted. "I got this myself!! It's MINE."

"You think you're all mighty now?! It was near impossible that you got the-- Wait a minute. The guy from the Jung family couldn't even get it yet you... you got it. Something's fishy." the girl stared hard at me.

"Hahaha, nothing's fishy. I'm j-just strong." I fighted back.

"Unless...." her eyes widened. "You're an irregular player."

The contestants all directed their eyes at me.

Everybody nodded in agreement.

"W-wait! I'm not a-an irregular."

It's getting bad. Taecyeon warned me that irregular players are always being preyed on.

"GET HER!!!" Everyone shouted. They stormed towards me with their weapons. I shook in fear as I watched them advance towards me. I gripped my sword tightly. A knife came flying at me. I quickly shut my eyes and kneeled, in hope of the knife missing.

I peeked and gasped.

"Execrable! Why did you take that hit for me?!" I asked in worry as i saw the knife stab into the hand of Execrable.

You were a irregular? But that doesn't matter. You freed me. Here.

Using his tail, he flicked the key towards me. A small silver object landed in my hand.

Never mind that, Hurry and advance to the next floor!!

"What about you? I'm happy that you helped me. Gomawo!" I grinned.

Thanks to you too. I never met anybody like you before. Hurry!!

"B-but, what about y--"

GO!!!!!!

I bit my lips and turned my back on Execrable and ran towards the lift. I musn't look back. I musn't look back. Or I'll regret everything. My efforts would go a waste. I'm pretty sure I would meet Execrable again someday. I took a glance back at him and smiled. Gomawo again Execrable.

I pressed the up button rapidly. I shut my eyes and mumbled my prayers. The elevator doors finally closed and I let out my breath.

Whew. Close call. I placed my hand on ym chest. My heartbeat was racing and increasing at an incredible speed. The elevator beeped and I got off. Like the usual, it was an empty, white room however, with only one door, I pressed my lips together and walked towards the door. Slowly, I inserted the key into the hole and pushed the door open. In side was tiny room with a girl with black hair tied into a tight bun. She adorned her look with spectacles and worked behind a huge technical computer.

She glacned up at me, like the other girl, completely expressionless. "Hello. Miss Bae, is it?"

"A-ah, yes." Stay strong Suzy! You're the perfectionist! Although it was just an image, I should be able to keep it up.

"You are assigned to a group, it seems." She tapped her long nails on the keyboard.

I nodded. Taecyeon mentioned this before.

Without breaking her contact witht he computer, "You're joining Group 1N04."

"What?"

"You do not need to memorize those numbers since they are nothing but for mere show and organization purposes." 

"Oh.."

Not that I really needed to know.

"When am I meeting my group members?" 

"Tommorrow. You are currently finished with your preliminary round. You must rest a day. Through this door, you will be led to your bedrooms. If anything, the workers there could lead you to your next game site."

I bowed. "Kamsahamnida."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That game was certainly simple but she didn't even have to fight the monster and she passed." A woman with long blonde hair paced around the room and bit her nails.

"That is weird. I never seen any player pass a level like that." A tall man dressed in a jet black suit, paired with black ties and black blouse.

"Do you think she's an irregular?"

"Could be possible."

The tall man rewined the scene at the preliminary round.

"Yah, that sword..." the man pointed at the screen.

"Hm?" The woman stopped pacing and leaned forward. dropped open.

"No way! That sword is..."

"Yes. Tharraleous. Why is it in her possession?"

The woman scoffed at the scene. "I agree. Such a weak girl is carrying this powerful weapon."

"Not just that. The sword never obeys to anyone. Nobody has really been able to use its potential. This girl is the first."

She rubbed her chin as she sunk into deep thoughts. "She probably is an irregular. That solves our problems."

"Then how did she get into the tower? This tower is meant for regular players." he hissed.

"Well? Do I look like I know?!"

"Maybe a regular member brought her in?"

"Impossible! A regular member has no strength to do so. They could barely handle themselves yet they have to guide her throughout the game? Absolutely not!" the women snapped and sat onto the sofa and drank her wine in one gulp.

"The royalty?"

The woman bursted into laughing. "Even more impossible. How would someone like her meet the royalty members?!"

"Ugh! This is such a headache. We'll just keep our eyes on her for now."

"Of course." she poured herself another glass of wine.

The man stared at the screen.

Something is off, he thought.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I my lips repeatedly and shifted from one foot to another.

I was in the elevator. Yes yes I know. This tower is basically all elevators. I'm kidna surprsied nobody is over weight with this little walking and exercising.

Oh right.

People kill each other in this tower. Lots of exercise. yay.

I sighed as I got off the elevator. I entered yet another huge room. Inside, like always was loaded with people.
I gulped. They were all tall and muscular looking. I crossed my fingers and walked through the crowd, looking for my team.

Please do not bother me.

Please do not pick on me.

Please do not stare at me.

Please do not call me.

"Suzy?"

I whipped my head around and gasped. "J-ji eun?"

In front of me, stood a petite sized girl. She had her hair tied up into a bun, wearing a oversized white sweater, paired with black leggings. No doubt it was Ji Eun. My best school friend.

Tears welled up my eyes.

I thought I wouldn't ever see her again! I rushed up to her and wrapped my arms around her small body.

"Ji Eun!!!! I thought I would never see you again!!" I sobbed.

"S-suzy. I missed you but what are you doing here?!" She nearly shouted.

Now that I think about it....

I'm in the Heavenly Tower, aren't I?!

I released her and gasped. Her name tag had the numbers 1N04.

That was my group number.

"IU!! You're my team member?!"

"What?!" She blurted.

She held up her hand and breathed in.

"What are you doing in this tower? Wait, you're a regular too?!"

I hesitated. I didn't feel comfortable telling people I'm a irregular. What should I do?

"Uh yea. I'm a regular. I thought you knew." I lied.

"Oh.. I'm sorry. I-I didn't know. Well, I'm a regular here. I'm from the Lee family." She smiled.

Lee family... Another family that lives in this tower. I couldn't believe my ears.
My very best friend is a regular in this horrible tower?! She's one of those people who kills and tries to survive just to reach the top?? But I'm one to talk.... I too, joined this tower for the very reason. For my wish to be granted. I glanced at my hands.

Would there be one day that I too, will kill just to reach the top?

"Suzy?" Jieun stared at me, worry all plastered onto her face.

"A-ah. Ani. I'm glad you're my team member. I was worried who it could be."

 

"JI EUN!!" A loud voice called.

I glanced bhind IU. She turned around and grinned frome ar to ear.

"Ahh~ Look! I found the 4th member! She passed the preliminary round and she's also my best friend! I can't believe she's a regular!!!" Iu exclaimed with excitement.

I smiled at her cuteness.

Aigoo. This girl is always so bubbly. I chuckled but stopped when a boy, my age, smiled at me.

He had brown hair with bangs and grinned at me. "Annyeong! Wooyoung ibnida."

Wooyoung. Hmm, nice name.

"Annyeong! Sueji ibnida! Call me Suzy." I smiled and shook his hand.

He was cute but wasn't really my type. He seemed like the type that would match Ji Eun.

My type would be--

Whoa.......

I gasped as another boy, around my age, walked up to me.

He had a strong, confident look in his eyes. His hair was black and brushed upwards. He looked really cool. He was wearing a black leather jacket and a white v-neck shirt inside. Everything about him screamed perfect. He was so dreamy that was until he spoke.

"You're the new member?!" He snickered and looked at me from head-to-toe.

His mouth totally ruined everything I said about him.

"Ne. What about it?" I snapped back, arms crossed and glared at him.

"You certainly look weak. I can't believe you passed the preliminary rounds. I guess the tower dropped its standards if they allowed someone like YOU win."

This guy is officially on my hate list. No kidding.

"Looks can be deceiving. Maybe I could beat you too!" I growled.

His eyes widened in amusement. He flashed me a confident, eye smile.

Urgh. I hate how he is on my hate list but also has the ability to automatically make me want to remove him from the hate list.

"Oh really?"

"Yes really."

"Hahahahaha!" He laughed.

I frowned. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing. You're quite.... a brat."

Back on the hate list.

"Don't test my patience. I might be so strong that I'll throw you out into the sky."

"Let's see it then."

Aww crap. I definitely did not have the strength to do that.

"I don't feel like it."

"Scared?"

Jieun and wooyoung glanced back and forth at us. They looked at each other and shurgged. I guess they didn't even feel like butting in.

"Y'know?! You're pretty awful for someone with looks like that." I quickly covered my mouth. Double crap cakes.

He smiled. "You just called me handsome, didn't you?"

"N-no." I replied and looked at the sky.

He laughed again and put his hand on my head, forcing me to look at him.

"Gomawo. You're pretty too." he flashed me a smile.

I blushed. How can be so hateful yet so lovable at the same time?!

"Myungsoo ibnida."

I quickly recollected my posture and cleared my throat. "Suzy ibnida."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
aHH~ Sorry for bad chapter! I tried to make myungzy meeting more cute and well, generally, good.
I think I failed at that. :( But thanks to those who stills support me!!
Gomawo for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoted!
Please continue supporting me! *bows* Gomawo!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~