Survive or die

The Heavenly Tower

~SUZY'S POV~

I trailed behind Taecyeon as we walked into a huge building. I tried to breath more evenly.

No help. Not working. Can't do it.

I couldn't possibly calm down. After all this mess, could I really be all normal? Course not! No one in their right mind would be.

My eyes wandered around nervously. I followed him into a white room, decorated with black things. The whole room was literally black and white. I peeked at him. He was just casual as usual.

Stuck-up attitude, I scoffed in my mind and stuck my tongue out at his back.

Like magic, he seemed to know what I was doing even though his back was facing me.

I stopped moving and stared at him, daring myself to make even a sound.

"Have a seat." He gestured towards the sofa, making me relax a bit.

I quietly sat myself onto the sofa and decided one wonderful thing.

 

A staring contest with the vase.

 

Must not make eye contact.

Must not make eye contact.

Must not make eye cont--

 

"Yah! Why are you avoiding my eyes?! I'm here!! I'm not going to eat you!" He scoffed.

"Maybe you are." I snapped back.

"I don't even bother." He rolled his eyes as he handed me a binder with neat papers stored in it.

I gave him the what-is-that look.

"Arg!" He messed up his hair and glared at me. He inhaled and exhaled loudly. I assume he's trying to restrain himself from punching me in the face because of my stupidness. "Contract." He finally managed to get the words out of his frustrated mind.

I made a face and took the binder. I flipped the cover open and read the rules aloud.

 

"1. Once a player decides to enter the tower, there is absolutely no going back. He/she must stay within the tower until he/she have reached the top floor or died."

That's exactly like a prison. So what? He's trying to kill me in the tower, now?

"2. All living expenses are prepared and managed by the examiners, in other words, the group of people who are the judges for each round of game.

3. There are no rules on violence. Fighting is allowed once the games begins. However, once outside the game (or floor rounds), violence is strictly prohibited. If this rule is broken and you are caught by an examiner, then strong consequences follow.

4. To enter the games, one must join a group. Together, a group would work together to climb to the top. If one member dies, then another player would replace them. If a player doesn't belong in a group, then he/she is a foul player. The player would be disqualified and must wait 5 years before they could join he games again. In addition, a group must be needed in order to face every type and kind of hardships on each tower floor."

I gulped. Taecyeon stared at me and pointed at the contract with his chin and continued drinking his-- I don't even know what he's drinking.

"5. Weapons are allowed in the games and could be purchased.

6. Death applies in the games. Lives could be bet on battles and there is to be no mercy unless the winner strongly desires it."

My eyes bulged out.

"Death?! Are you serious? You're telling me to throw my life out there for some stupid game?"

He smirked. "Yes, I am serious. Every game has its own risk. If you want to survive, climb to the top. Have no mercy."

I threw the contract at him, biting my lip. "You're heartless. You want me to become like you? No way.." My voice trailed off.

"You don't have to do this. I can always bring you to those men. There is no turning back once you shook hands with the devil."

I cringed and scribbled my name on the contract and threw it at his face again. "HAPPY?"

He smiled as he removed the contract from his face. "Very indeed."

He took a sip of drink from his cup and without looking up, "Come over here."

I scrunced up my face. "What? No."

He sighed and got up and walked over to my side and plopped himself down next to me. He inched forwards. I glared at him and tried to push him off. "Get off!" As much as I hated him, he was still a guy. A handsome one at that fact which made me dislike him even more. Someone with such a face shouldn't be like that. So heartless, cruel and... strange.

My eyes widened as a symbol appeared in forms of flames on the tip of his finger.

I pointed at his finger, my mouth wide open.

Whoa whoa. Just one bloody second.

Is that... is t-that fire? On his FINGER?!

I yelped. "What is that?! How'd you do that?!"

He gripped my arm tightly and placed his finger at my neck.

Pain invaded my body, stinging me everywhere. He was burning me! With his finger!?

I cringed in disbelief and screamed in pain as he pressed his finger harder against my neck.

 

"S-stop! What are you doing?" Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Relax. Since you're going to be a player soon, this flame is a element myst. Every player has their own myst. Advanced players like me could manipulate the myst and turn it into anything I want, even the deadliest weapon."

My jaw dropped open. Hahaha funny.

Myst. Flames coming out a person's body.

Somebody slap me awake.

This is NOTHING BUT A DREAM.

A DREAM.

 

He pinched my cheek. "Yah, the pain should be gone now."

 

Okay.

It's NOT a dream.

 

On the side of my neck was a diamond symbol with flames around it. Inside the diamond were the letters OT.

Tattoo? It was small and was marked on the side of my neck. My hair was long so it could easily cover it but this symbol.....

gave me the creeps.

 

"What is this mark?"

I was ready for another crazy answer.

First, the tower can grant wishes. Totally normal.

Second, people are free to kill in order to win. That's nuts.

Thrid, people posess a ability called myst. It would even burn people.

I was ready to faint.

 

"It's a mark of protection." he spoke gently.

I scoffed. "Yeah, okay. You dragged me in this whole MESS. You expect me to believe you're trying to protect me?"

He frowned. "I'm serious. That would protect you. It's hard to survive in this tower. I want to raise your chances of survival."

I laughed sarcastically, "Even though you're the one who eventually will get me killed in this tower? Actually why did you even chose ME? There are plenty of other people who have more athletic abilities which can aid themselves in the game! Robbers, mudereres, assassins and on and on and on! They are much more talented in killing, no?!"

"Because you're special." He whispered.

I stopped at looked at him. I felt my heart tug at guilty. His eyes looked so sincere, so sincere that I wanted to forgive him but I couldn't.

He scratched the back of his neck and hesitated befoer he spoke.

"I'll explaine evrything else to you tommorrow, you can sleep here for now."

I stared emptily at him. "Then...?"

"I'll find you a group and have you enter that group and officially--"

"--begin the game." I finished the sentence for him.

"Yeah."

"Question. Why did you create this game?"

"I didn't. The king did. Well, the king of the tower."

"Why?"

He stayed silent. "I don't know."

"Why did you join then?"

"I didn't agree to join.... I wanted to leave too."

He wanted to leave to?

Did I misunderstood him?

Then why did he drag me into this game?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2~ Little subscribers, commenters and upvoters but that doesn't matter~ Kamsahamnida for reading!!
Continue supporting~

I'm sorry the first 2 chapters are boring but I'm trying to set the story into the game slowly and make sure the readers understand what is going on. I promise the upcoming chapters will be more fun and less descriptive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subscribe and upvote~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read my story, Because I married you, starring Myungzy <3