Tears and Cries

Twisted Love

Hyukjae POV

After our date, Hae finally did it; he broke my heart.

I didn’t curse and wail. I didn’t cry. It hurt so much yet not even a single tear came out. I wanted so badly to just cry and cry until my eyes were red and puffy but I couldn’t. I just couldn’t because deep inside I already knew this would happen; I already knew I wasn’t good enough for Hae.

 

The next morning I woke up groggily, wanting nothing more than to just lie in bed. Besides it being a Monday, it was also the day Hae and I would go back to being just pals. Sighing, I hoisted myself up from my bed and proceeded to the bathroom to brush my teeth. This was going to be one hell of a day. Or should I say a day in hell…

 

The ride to school made me want to cry my eyes out. It was so awkwardly silent and all Hae did was go through his phone.

 As we pulled into the parking lot of S.M. High, I saw Hae’s girlfriend saunter over. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath I prepared my fragile heart for more ache yet it did not come. Hae rejected Jessica’s kiss and settled with a hug.

“What’s wrong Donghae baby?” Jess asked faking cuteness. I wanted to barf.

Hae shook it off. “Nothing.” He smiled. But something did not click. His eyes did not crinkle like they had yesterday and they did not shine as they had when we’d kissed. The smile just looked so fake…

Sighing I decided I was just delusional. He loves her you idiot. Smiling bitterly I walked past Hae and Jessica, towards mine and Hae’s next class. I really should stop seeing things the way I’d like them to be…

 

Soon, most periods for the day had ended and it was time for lunch. I bought my lunch along with a certain fish’s. I also purchased strawberry milk with mine. Settling the plates into our table towards the back of the cafeteria, I searched for Hae.

Looking around, I frowned. Hae would never miss lunch – after all it was his favorite subject – and him still not being here made me queasy. I was his bodyguard after all.

Getting up, I decided I’d search for the fish. Just like a good employee would.

I looked in his last class which had been Chemistry but there were no students to be seen in there. I checked the restrooms nearby his classes and also the ones nearby the cafeteria. My stomach felt weirder and weirder as I could find him nowhere. What if something had happened to him?!

Suddenly as I passed the janitor’s closet I heard strange noises inside. Frowning again, I knocked on it softly. Hearing no reply I opened it a crack and my eyes widened at what I heard. A girl’s could be heard and that’s when I realized it was probably just some hormonal teens having in the janitor’s closet… again. Chuckling lowly I was about to close the door when I heard a very familiar voice.

“I-I’m close baby,” I heard a low husky voice and I felt tears gather in my eyes.

The voice was none other than Lee Donghae.

At that moment I wanted to close the door and just run, escape from the scene but I couldn’t. It was as if my hand was stuck to the knob and some force made me burst through it, revealing a scene that made me want to hurl.

Donghae’s face snapped up and his eyes widened to see me. Jessica saw me and smirked, almost claiming victory, victory over a certain someone in the room.

Seeing them both in such an intimate position – Jessica in Hae’s lap and them both very much indecent- made my eyes water all over again and this time, I didn’t stop them. As tears flowed down my face I looked at Hae. I wanted to say so much. I wanted to slap the girl’s hands away from Hae’s body and instead be the one to kiss Hae. I wanted Hae to call me his baby. I wanted to do and say so so much but I didn’t.

I only uttered a low, “You weren’t at lunch Donghae ssi  and so I thought I’d come look for you. Sorry, it seems I’ve disturbed you two.”

Hae’s face looked frozen, almost as if he’d been electrocuted. Jessica’s face was emotionless but I knew inside, she felt disgusted by me. Her eyes told the whole story.

Wanting no more embarrassment, I stalked off.

Coming back to the cafeteria, I threw my lunch, along with Hae’s into the trash can. Not even the strawberry milk could cheer me up.

After disposing of the food, I headed to the bathroom. Not because I had to pee, but because I had to finally rid myself of the tears that just needed out by now…

I finally let myself cry. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short depressing one y'all :D 

Enjoy... or not xD