Chapter 6

Beautiful Desires

Seunghyun's POV

A call from Dongwook is never a good thing, the last time he called, both me and Ji got expelled from our last school. Heck, it’s the reason why we have been changing schools for the past years, we never get to stay at one place for long because of what we do. It gives ‘bad reputation’ as what the principals always say before expelling us.

We were sitting outside a cafe near Myeong-dong mall waiting for Dongwook to show up. 

Ji took out a cigarette pack, took one out and lighted it. He offered his pack to me, 'No thanks Ji.'

He took a puff and said 'I wonder what we have to do this time'.

There was a hint of uneasiness from his tone of voice and I feel it too, just like Ji, I can’t show it. Being nervous is never an option for the things we had to do. A little hesitation and our act would be seen.

-Flashback to a year ago-

I pushed the guy up against a wall. ‘Look Soonjung, here’s the deal. You pay up what you owe now, or I’ll break something of yours.’ Soonjung was shaking at my grip, he was scared. And that was what I wanted to achieve. Ji came up next to me, grinned at Soonjung and turned Soonjung’s head to face him ‘Or would you want us to visit your house to collect your debts?’ he added.

Soon after, police sirens could be heard in the distance. We were caught, but released as it was our first time being caught. But we were expelled from school.

-end of flashback-

We, me and Ji, don’t live a squeaky clean life. With the dirty jobs we were doing for Dongwook’s boss, there’s nothing clean. But we were good at it, in scaring people, to pay up for their debts. In return, we get paid handsomely; the pay could reach up to 5-digits sometimes 6.

Finally after 20 minutes of waiting, Dongwook arrived.

We stood up and greeted him.

‘Wassup hyung.’ Ji said

‘It’s been quite awhile hyung’ I added.

Dongwook smiled, patted our shoulders and said ‘How’s my two boys doing ey, hope you’re both doing well.’

‘Of course we are’ Ji grinned. I didn't like things to drag on, I needed to clear our uneasiness. ‘So..hyung, what brings you here to meet us?’ I questioned so that he could get to the point instead of beating around the bush.

‘Well, I have a job for you both.’

‘A big one in fact.’ he added.

‘What kind of job?’

‘It involves you transporting stuff to Busan’

‘It just transporting…how can it be a big job?’ I raised an eyebrow while questioning.

‘Well, you know, the illegal stuff’ Dongwook said quietly.

‘We told you we won’t be doing that kind of jobs for you, hyung.’ Ji said in an annoyed tone.

Dongwook raised both his hands ‘I know, I know, I just wanted to let you know about it. Let you both think about it.’

‘Well, here’s our answer. No.’

He smirked at my reply. ‘Well, just to let you know, your pay would surely be more than what you usually get.’

‘Seriously hyung, we’re not doing it.’ Ji was getting frustrated. I put a hand on his shoulder to try to calm him.

‘Think about it, I’ll give you two weeks. You know the number.’ Dongwook smiled and left.

‘Yah! What’s the deal. Didn’t we already gave him the answer?’ Ji kicked the table and stood up.

I shook my head in disbelief. ‘Let’s just contact him later. Since we can’t stop him’. 

'It's been awhile since I got new kicks. Lets head over to the mall over there' Ji pointed out.

'Lead the way Mr Kwon, I'll be the one who snatches the one you like' I grinned.

'Yah! We'll see about that!'. He ran across the road with me chasing behind him.

Chaerin's POV

Shops after shops, we each came out with bags, but we didn't need to carry them. Dara did. Keke, it was mean to bully Dara-unnie, but she lost and it was only fair. The other girls wanted to shop in Mango, I decided to head to Elkanto Shoe Store to look at some Adidas shoes.

Walking around the shop, trying to look for a white shoe to add to my collection. I finally spotted the shoe I've been looking for ! Just as I was going to pick it up, a pair of hands grabed it before me. I turned to my side 'Yah ! I saw that....' before I could finish my sentence, I blinked a couple of times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It was the two guys from school. 

The blonde one, Jiyong said to the salesboy 'I would take this.'

'YAH !' I shouted. He turned around facing me. 'I wanted that pair of shoes.' 

He smirked at me 'Well, too bad for you, I got them first.' and then stuck out his tougue.

'Omo, first it was your friend who's rude, now you?'.  Aishh, birds of the same feather flock together I mumbled to myself.

The salesboy came back with a box and handed it to Jiyong. 'I want a pair of that too.' I told the salesboy. 'Sorry miss, that's the last pair.' and walked away.

I glared at Jiyong with folded arms, just then his friend appeard 'I'll take that, thanks hyung~'. 

'YOU!' I shouted again.

Seunghyun looked at me. 'Wae? Me?' he pointed to himself.

'Yes you! Do you and your friend have any manners? First you scolded my friend for bumping into you, and now your friend got the shoes that I had my eyes on!' I ranted

He gave me a blank stare and answered me coldly 'So?'

I raised my hand just about to hit him, but before I could hit him, Jiyong grabbed my wrist, his face was inches away from mine.

'Yah ! You're messing with the wrong people. Watch it.' Jiyong gave me this killer glare.

I blushed at the close contact. But that didn't stop me from arguing back. I shook off his grip on my wrist and said 'Let me tell you this. You're not the only tough one around here. Mess with me or my girlfriends one more time and you're going to get it good from me.' I turned and walked away.

I was mad, angry, frustrated, annoyed, anything that could make a person feel like punching a wall, you name it, I felt it. But I can't show it to the girls. I would get scolding from Bommie for not listening to her. And god, Bommie is much scarier than me when she's mad. 

I ruffled my hair in annoyance. How could I just let it go that easily. His eyes, his grip, I sent butterflies in my stomach. 'AHHHHHH' I screamed and realised that I was in a public area. People were looking at me, I blushed and went to meet up with the girls at Mango.

'What took you so long' Dara said to me.

Minzy hugged me from behind 'Unnie, didn't find any nice shoes?'

I smiled weakly 'Nah, there wasn't anything that caught my eye.'

'Chaerin ah, did something happen?' Bommie asked with an eyebrow raise at me.

I was shocked at her question, sometimes I wonder is she a psychic. I smiled at her 'Nothing happened unnie, really, what could happen to me.'

She brightened up, 'Ok then~ Let's go for ice cream!~ Chaerin ah~ Remember your promise? keke' Bommie said.

'Aishhh, yes yes unnie, I'll get you corn ice cream ok? Lets go go go'