5.

Love at first sight.

The light pierced through my eyes like a sword. I hurriedly looked away, rubbing my eyes to adjust the intensity of the light in the room. I shifted my attention back to the table, only to find a slim man leaning over the counter sipping a glass of water.

Who the.. oh. It was Junhyung. And that. That's MY cup that he's holding. I sighed in relief as whatever creepy feelings I had earlier deflated like a soda can. We just stood there in silence for a few minutes.

Then his eyes met mine. But this time, it was different. His eyes were cold this time. Like ice.

I gulped. I did nothing wrong, right?

"You scared me," I mumbled, placing a hand over my chest to feign fear. "I thought something was going to attack me." I added, looking down.

"In this house? Minjung.." he sighed before he continued. "Who would ever hurt you in this house? You tell me."

My eyes didn't leave the floor as if it had something interesting on it. "Uh.. who.. knows? Ah. I don't really know." I cringed at my awkwardness. "Sorry," I apologized. "I was just being paranoid."

"Anyway, why are you still up at this hour?" I asked. "You should be asleep, you know. Since you had a long day earlier." Damn it. I wanted to slap myself so bad for blabbering too much.

"I can't sleep," he stated. "What's your reason then?"

"Fresh air." I lied. The pain from my neck came striking back and this time, it's 5x worse. "Ow." I made a face while I worked my left hand to massage my neck. No matter how well I do it, the pain still wouldn't go away. In a second, it disappears. And it comes hitting me again like a hammer the next.

"." I cursed under my breath. Oh no. What did I just say?

"Girls like you shouldn't curse." I look up to frown at him. His lips curl into a side smirk. Damn it boy, you gotta stop doing that, seriously. "I'm surprised though." he added. I bit my lip.

Suddenly, everything went black. My heart then felt like it had jumped over a hurdle. I am in danger alright. Again. Junhyung had switched the light off. Now what am I supposed to do? Scream? I scoffed.

"Come on." Junhyung surprisingly took my hand in his and literally dragged me to his room.

Yes. Drag.

Then he instructed me to sit cross-legged on his bed while he crawls over, sitting on his knees. He places his hands near the affected area on my neck. His hands were cold and I shuddered at his touch.

Then he began massaging it. Hard. I flinched at the sudden pressure and jumped out of his bed. I made a face at him. He must have known I was trying to struggle with this stupid cramp in my neck.

He stopped. "Did that hurt?" he asked.

"WHAT THE-" I was going to curse but instead, I exhaled all of the air in my lungs. I calmed down before continuing, "What do you think you're doing?" I hissed, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Massaging you. What else did you think I was going to do?" he said. He gave me come-on-man look. He looked away from me as he fidgeted with his fingers. My shoulders fell.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologised before coming over to sit on his bed again and face him. I took this chance to slap his arm, causing him to wince and rub that part.

"Yah! What was that for!?" he complained. I didn't answer his question. "Now you know how much that hurts." I said.

He heaved a sigh. "Do you want me to treat it or do you want me to leave you tossing and turning all night? Hm?"

I opened my mouth but he cut me off. "I'm giving you 10 seconds." he said. I hesitated, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"3.. 2.. 1.. 1 and a half.." he trailed off. "Alright alright! Do whatever you can to make the pain magically disappear or something. Jeez, Junhyung." I groaned.

"Please."

"I know you wouldn't want to turn me down." I could tell that he was smirking. I rolled my eyes. "Hurry up." I muttered.

He began working his fingers up and down, making circles at the nape of my neck all the way to my shoulders. He hit all the right spots, making me unconciously groan in pain. Relief took over me automatically.

He was good. Really good to be exact. The pain soon subsided and I felt a million times better. Felt like a tonne of burden had lifted off from my shoulders like a rocket to outer space.

He lets his hands fall on my lap. A breeze entered from the window, causing me to shiver and have goosebumps all over. I grabbed his quilt and put it over me to keep me from the cold.

"Cold?" he asked. I nodded.

"Well, thank you for your.. massage. I'll just turn up the heater." I assured as I stood up to go over to my bed when a grip held on my wrist, stopping me in my tracks.

I turned around, then tried to yank my arm away from his grip but it got stronger. I sighed in defeat and stood infront of him with a what-now face.

"Whaaaat?" I whined. "Where do you think you're going with that thing wrapped around you?" he asked. I looked down to see that I was holding on to his quilt. Damn it. He let go of me. I removed it and tossed it at him, then I tried to run away from him so that I can go back to sleep.

Guess what. I failed. He got his grip on me. Just great.

"Stay with me." he whispered. "Well, am I not with you now?" trying to yank my arm away once again but he held it in place. I huffed making my fringe flying upwards.

"I'm cold too." he said.

"Junhyung.." I breathed. He pulled me closer to him as I crawled on his bed and lied down beside him., my back facing him. His arms s around my waist as he nuzzled on my neck.

We just stayed like that in silence. No words spoken. Just me. In his arms. On his bed. I was pretty sure the butterflies in my stomach are having a mosh pit right now.

Honestly, this felt good. I hadn't been hugged like this for years, ever since my grandmother left me. She would never fail to give me the hugs that I longed for before I go to sleep.

I can't deny that only God knows how much I miss her presence. And her beautiful face. I shrugged at the thought and tried to close my eyes when he stirred.

I turned around slowly to face him. I positioned myself so that I'm not too close to him. There he goes again, staring at me with those eyes. Is it me or does this guy have the kind of eyes that can see me right through?

He began scanning my face till his eyes laid on my lips. I stared at him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"What?" I asked. "Nothing," Oh okay. "You're just.. beautiful." he added.

My oh my, you have no idea how hard I blushed at that. And I bet you have NO IDEA at how I can die in happiness anytime.

He brings himself closer to me, making our foreheads meet. Our faces now inches apart. His warm breath on my face sent goosebumps right down to my toes. He starts to tilt his head to the side, his nose brushing against mine. My heart starts to quicken its pace as I closed my eyes to let whatever come smash into me.

I knew this was coming. I whimpered when I felt him back away from me.

"Good night." he laughed. I knew it. I shouldn't have had my hopes too high.

Before I had the chance to turn away from him, he grabbed the chance to land a kiss on my cheek. My eyes widened. Woah. What was that for? He puts his chin on my head and soon after, I could hear his soft snoring.

A small smile forms on my lips. Good night, Junhyung.