D - DAY!

The Romeo VS Hitler Girl

" Who do you wanna marry one day, Jia? "

" Hmm, I'll tell mine if you tell yours, "

" Okay, you first, "

" Please don't laugh or tell anyone, arasso? "

" Hm, palli, "

" High School Musical' s Troy Bolton, "

" Are you kidding me? "

" Aishh, don't laugh. You promised, "

" Anni, it's cause mine is Gabriella Montez, "


" Jiaaaaa ! You' re lateeeeee! "

                             In a blink of an eye, Jia opened her eyes automatically, woke from the dream. She galnced at her watch, " Gosh, 20 mins to go! ". She got up from her bed, and raced to the bathroom, opened the sink's tap, washed her face to freshen her look, and brushed her teeth as fast as she could and changed into her school uniform.

 

                             She slided across the stairs, grabbed a toast, stuffed it into her tiny mouth, kissed her mom goodbye, grabbed her jeans sling bag and ran towards her bike. Mrs Yoon who was watching her until Jia vanished from her sight, chuckled. " Ayy, this cheeky lil thing, she' ll never change this habit, " she whispered to herself and shook her head. Panting, Jia arrived at the school gate as soon as the bell rang for the first period to begin. She quickly searched for a place to park her bike. Later, she found herself staring blankly at the huge building of the school. Shinhwa High School.

 

Jia' s POV

                            " Whoaaa. How can I ever find an office out of this enormous school? " I strolled around, observed everything around me like an idiot before then remembered the brochure that my mom gave me yesterday and shoved my hand to my bag to search it. " Where the hell is it? " I murmured before bumping into someone. My bag dropped onto the floor. I pulled up my head. Oh, it was a shy- looking young man. He picked up my bag and kept bowing 90 degree to me while saying sorry.

 

                             " Anni, i'm the wrong one. Not you, ". I bowed to him too. I observed him. He wore a really thick and big glasses and wow, his hair was a mess, it was veering off in all direction. I noticed he got some bruises near his mouth.

" Are you a newbie? ". He asked, probably noticed the brochure on my right hand.

" Yes, and can you show me the office, please? ". He rubbed the back of his head before said,

 

                              " Follow me, " he said, still bowed his head before walking in front of me, led me to the office. Wow, he's actually taller than me. But, I assumed he must be younger than me, for his innocent look. I kept observing everything along my way to the office, the library, cafe and suddenly I spotted someone. It' s Min Ah, she was busily talking to a girl before she noticed me, staring at her. She excitedly bounced up and down before took the girl and raced towards me.

 

                               " Jiaaa! Why didn't you told me? Or call me? You must been lost, right ? " Min Ah started to talk as soon as she held my hand. I smacked my head, Pabo, why didn't I think of that before? Wait, I turned my head, and found out the nerdy guy who I met before vanished from my sight. I sighed. " Jia, this is Chorong. Chorong, this is Jia. Yeay! My two best friends finally meet! ". Min Ah beamed cheerfully. I waved at Chorong.

 

                               " Hi, Jia. Nice to meet you, ". I nodded and smiled to her. " Wow, you' re as beautiful as what Min Ah told me before, " I complimented her, trying to be friendly, which is something that I at. Chorong' s cheeks reddened. " Aishh, Min Ah. You sure told her a lot of bad stuffs about me right? " she pretended to punch Min Ah. We laughed before I asked, " Can you please help me? I need to go to the office, ". Min Ah slapped her forehead, " Aishh, of course. Palli, right after this is my handsome Mr Kim' s class, " she grinned and dragged me. Chorong poked her at her cheek. " He' s married, Min Ah for God sake! ".

 

                               CLASS 3- A

                                   *Yep. That' s my class. And I' m not in the same class as Min Ah and Chorong's too. Aishh.

" Okay, class. Today you've got a new friend. Come in, ". I stepped into class slowly, with a straight face.

                                   " My name' s Yoon Ji Eun, but you may call me Jia, " I spoke in a low voice and a bowed head. Everyone' s seemed uninterested and not even paying attention to me. But it's okay. I hate to be the attention though. I sat on a seat that my teacher pointed to. The teacher then left the class for a while. An empty seat next o a guy. I pulled the chair slowly and sat on the chair. I turned around to greet my deskmate and found that he was looking at me too. He seemed familiar, wait. He was the guy that I met before! Both of us rounded our eyes and gasped. Well, none of us knew this coincidence can happen, of course. His cheeks flushed red immediately. I realized the awkwards between us, thus decided to make the first move.

 

                                    " Hi, I'm Jia. Nice to meet you. Again, ". I offred my hand and suddenly he giggled. Confused, I asked, " Waee? " with a furrowed eyebrows.

                                   " Well, didn't you have introduce yourself in front of the class just now? You don't need to do it again, since  I already know your name, Jia, " he explained and he' s still laughing. I wondered what was so funny about it, he' s totally a weird guy but I felt comfortable around him.

 

                                   " I' m Daehyun by the way. Jung Daehyun. Nice to meet you too. Ehm, again? ". We shook hands and started to prepare for the class as the teacher's already came.  " Well students, today we will.... "

 


                                

Ring! It's finally recess time. I rested my head on the table, still feeling sleepy. Daehyun had already left the class as soon as the class ended.

                                   " Jiaaa! It' s recess now! Palllii, ". It' s Min Ah. She even knocked my table. I got up lazily and both Chorong and Min Ah dragged me to the cafe. " Aisshh, this sleepy head. You'll never change huh, " while Min Ah busily lecturing me about the importance of sleep early at night, suddenly a bunch of girls ran through us and started shrieking crazily. I quickly felt fresh as I was shocked. I looked up to the way which the girls went to.

                                    " What the hell is going on here? " I asked, still feeling confuse.

                                    " Whoaa, it' s The Trio! How can I not noticed them earlier? " Min Ah yelled. I covered my ears and asked Chorong instead. Chorong started to laugh to notice the look on my face.

                                    " They' re going to the cafee! Palii ! " The bunch of girls didn't stop screaming.

                                    " Who are 'they' ? Ehm, Tr-- Trio? " I asked.

                                   " Poor, Jia. Poor stupid lil Jia. Doesn' t know anything that aren't related to Biology, " Min Ah joked while Chorong didn't stop laughing. I smacked Min Ah' s head. She growled. " It' s hurt! Fine, I' ll explain it to you, ", excitedly, she offered herself as we headed to queue at the counter. Suprisingly, that two guys didn't even queue up to get food, the girls took it for them. I shook in disagreement.

 

                                   " Well, that' s The Trio. The quiet, left one is Myung Soo, while the flirty one is Woohyun. See? And the other one is Hoya, well usually he didn't go recess, cause he em, well his fans already prepared some food for him and put it on his desk, ". I rounded my eyes. Min Ah continued, ignoring my reaction. " They met each other as they entered this school and became best friends since then. Well, they' re the most popular seniors in school, so what to surprise for? And please kept that kind of face of yours, Jia. It' ll scared someone, " she pretended to slap my face.

                                 

                                    "   Well, they aren't THAT popular since I didn't knew them, " I spoke, and shrugged before Chorong smacked my head. Well, seemed they' re in the same team, then.

                                     

                                      " Whaee? It's hurts! And by the way, wait, what was their name, em Ho- Hoyaa? Is that even a name? " I didn't even realized that I spoke in a quite high tone. Before Chorong and Min Ah could cup my mouth, several girls already gave death stares to me. I swallowed hard and kept my straight face on. Chorong and Min Ah gave me their  I-told-you-they-are-famous-you-didn't-believe-me look and as fast as we could, took the tray at the counter and rushed to an empty seat.

 

                                      " Why can' t we sit there? It seems nicer, " I pointed at at table at the center which was next to The Trio' s  as our place was quite hot as it was too far from the air- conditioner. I was about to get up when Chorong pulled my hands. " It' s The Star' s seat, anyone is forbidden to sit there, " Min Ah explained with a serious look.

 

                                      " Enough. Okay, now what was thaaattt? The most popular girls I guess? " I rolled my eyes and gave them an annoying look.

 

                                     " Well, you' re right actually. But, you are allowed to insult them as much as you want as we hate them too, " said Chorong while nodded her head a few times. That was when we heard a loud noise from an area near the counter. I glanced. What? It was Daehyun. He was lying on the floor, with sauces on his shirt and and all his food was scattered around him, on the floor too. His tray was nowhere. There were also three girls standing next to him, who squeaked happily while staring at him and said, " Opps, pardon us. We don' t noticed you were standing there. Guess you were too ugly and disgusting for us to spot you, " and chuckled all the way to their ' respective seat' . I noticed noone even care of that accident as if it was a normal one.

      

                                     " Poor him, " Chorong said while shook her head and continued eating her food.

                                     " He' s Daehyun, you guys. My deskmate, ". I was so frieking mad, he' s my friend.

                                     " Oh, that' s his name? " Min Ah seemed in shock for the fact that I knew him.

                                     " Can someone explained to me what is happening? Noone's really help him, ". I pleaded.

                                     " Well, that' s The Star. They had been treated him like that since he accidentally bumped into one of them on his first day of school. It' s in this year too. Well, as they ' re the respected- what-so-ever group, they thought it was an insult to them and hurts their pride. Since then, they bullied him. That' s why we' re not surprised at all, " explained Chorong along with her funny hand gestures and all that.

 

                                      " Then, why nobody was helping him? " I asked along with a furrowed eyebrows.

                                      " They' re The Star after all. Noone dared to mess with them. I once heard, they even send someone to smack him down, aissh I really actually pitied him, " Min Ah continued, " But I can' t do anything, ". Chorong nodded, agree with her.

 

                                      I nodded, at last, I understood. Now, it explained all the bruises on his face and his shy-but-maybe-afraid attitude. " So, this is this almighty school' s style?" I whispered. I can't eat after that, I was really angry, it was totally unfair. For Daehyun, and for every students. Suddenly, a crazy idea popped out of my mind.

 

                                      " Guys, I' ve got an idea. Help me, " Both of them nodded. " The Star will use the path behind me to get out later, right? ". Once again, they nodded in unison. " When they' re about to leave, wink at me, " Chorong gave me a thumb up while Min Ah gave a disgusting look and muttered, " Euuuwww, I didn't even winked at Mr Kim you know, " before she laughed.

 

                                       Few minutes later, Min Ah winked. I threw my two peeled banana to my back secretly and it dropped at the center of the path. Perfect. Now, it' s time to wait. We could hear their annoying laugh and voice as they began to walk towards us. A cold sensation suddenly ran through my spine as I counted, " 5, 4, 3, 2 and.. "