Best Friend Ever

The Romeo VS Hitler Girl

That night, 7 PM

Jia's POV

Knock. Knock.

" Come in, mom! It's not locked.."

 

                                " Jiaaaaaaaaaaaaa- ah! ". Before I could blink my eyes, a familiar figure rushed through the door, jumped onto my bed and hugged me. Tightly. Aha, I certainly could recognize the voice anywhere. Its Bang Min Ah, my closest friend. We've known each other since we were in kindergarten. Her father was a businessman and her mother owned and ran a boutique. Yes, she was born with a silver spoon. Min Ah is always a happy- go- lucky girl who always managed a breath fresh air into the our sometimes arid classroom. There was hardly ever a dull moment when she was around with her funny quips and expressions.

                            

                                 " Min Aah. I can't breathe, " I choked, almost out of breath.

                                 " Oh, sorry. I miss you like crazy, Jiaaa, " she pinched my cheeks. I realized, she looked prettier than the last time I saw her *which was several years ago. Her charming eye- smile was a bonus to her. I wondered if she had a boyfriend right now.

                                  " Hellooooo, " she waved her hand in front of my face. I blinked several times.

                                  " Bo? "

                                   " I told you just now, you looked prettier, Jia! No kidding! Your hair grew longer, " she touched my hair. I laughed to see her cute expression. I miss you too, Min Ah. But it's only echoed in my heart. Well, I'm a type that hates to reveal my feelings.

 

                                    " So, when will you started school? I can't wait to introduce you to my friends, " Min Ah beamed.

                                    " Tomorrow, maybe. I haven't discuss it with my mom actually, ". I shrugged.

                                    " Okay, enough. What had happened? " she raised both of her eyebrows, concerned. My jaw dropped.

                                    " Am I that easy to read? "

                                    " I've been with you since I can't remember and honestly, what the hell with that face? "

                                    At first I hesitated to tell her, however " Well, actually this evening I met this extremely annoying... "


8.30 pm

                                     Min Ah left the house 5 minutes ago. You have no idea how funny her reaction was. She kept labelling that guy as 'a jerk'. My mom has just returned and was having pizza while watching Running Man in the living room. She had been really busy as her small stall, has transformed into a restaurant as demandment of the customers. She really is a good cook. I joined her and took a piece of pizza.

        

                                      " Jia, you can start school tomorrow. I has notified the school earlier and your uniform's in that bag, " She pointed to a shopping bag on the floor. I nodded. My attention was at Kim Jong Kook who was trying to ambush MBLAQ's GO.

                                 

                                       " One more thing, actually tomorrow I must meet my supplier at Seoul so, "

                                       

                                      " I can cycle there, mom. Relax, no worries. I knew where Shinhwa High School is, " I explained while my eyes was stiil watching Ji Hyo kicked the ball into the goal post. Heh, they will win for sure. I turned and saw worries was still plastered on her face. I hold her hands and looked into her eyes.

                                       

                                       " It's really okay, " I nodded my head and smiled to her. She hugged me afterwards.

                                       

                                       " I'm sorry. I can't give you everything that you want and a perfect life that every girl dreams of, ". She patted my hair. I fought back my tears, tried hard not to cry.

                                       

                                       " I'm a big girl now. Do I really need my whole family to me through the school gate? I'll end up being a laughing stock of the students, mom, " I tried to crack a joke, to cheer her. And it's a success. She laughed as if it was the funniest jokes ever.

 


11 pm

                                      I stared blankly at the white ceiling of my room. I can't sleep. In my hand was my planner. I stared at a page, a list which I wrote yesterday.

 

MY WISHLIST

enroll to SHINHWA High School

join the Chess team

find a job

buy a guitar

 

                                        I ticked at the first wish and glanced at my new school uniform hung on the wall.

                                        " Really hope tomorrow will be a better day than today, " I whispered before I closed my eyes for the umpteenth time, tried to fall asleep.


 

Sorry if it was a boring chapter, but next one will be interesting. I promised! *pinky promise as I write promise and it's in pink and urghh cut it off, shin o.o