So Close

First Year

Taeyeon POV

The week went by really fast, finally it was Friday. I had charms early in the morning till 9am but then I had a lot of free time till 2pm. I didn’t really know what to do, mostly everyone had class at this time but me. I wandered to the large library and after that to the stone bridge. The sight was amazing, this school was amazing. I finally finished my walk in the school so I decided to walk around outside. It was really hot out so I thought it would be nice to go down to the boat house put my feet in the nice cool water but I would never go in. The word in the castle is that there is a giant squid in the water but I’m not sure if it will hurt students. Once this kid fell into the water and the giant squid carried him back to the surface. It also has all kinds of other scary things in it like Grindylows and Merpepole, it also has Sea turtles, they are my favorite. 

I sat down at the edge of the boot house dock, the first years were brought to Hogwarts with boats getting off at this dock. It was at night so I couldn’t really see much but now I can see the area in full. The lake was large, about a half a mile across, I could see the other end with mountains in the back. It looked so peaceful. The sun was warming my body as the water touched my feet making sure I didn’t over heat. Before I knew it my eyes were closing can slumber over came me.

Tiffany  POV

I would not want to call myself creepy but I can’t really find a way to justify my actions right now. Here I am following Taeyeon around the school as she walks from one room to the other. Any normal person would have walked right up to Taeyeon and said hi, asked what she was doing but not me, no, I have to be weird and start following her. I wanna see what she’s doing and once I started following her I couldn’t think of a way to stop, she was so interesting, way more interesting than everyone I had ever met.

It wasn’t really my fault that I started following her, I mean I had just walked out of my class of Transfigurations when I noticed Taeyeon strangely walking down the hall way peeking into every room that was open, saying sorry if the class was full of students and turning away. If there weren’t any students she would quickly walk into the room, take a look around and then leave. I was making sure she didn’t get in trouble, I mean if a teacher started to yell at her for wandering the halls I could jump in there, make up some story and save the day like Taeyeons knight in shining armor.

I was starting to get tired of waking around but finally Taeyeon stopped and sat down. I was hiding behind that boat house as she took off her socks and placed her feet in the cold water. She started to fall backwards, laying her head down on the dock. After a couple of minutes a heard light snoring, im guessing she fell asleep.

“How cute.” I Said subconsciously.

I started to walk closer and closer, when I reached Taeyeon I sat down next to her as she continued to sleep.

I was being a creeper again, just sitting there watching Taeyeon sleep. She started to mumble about something. I wonder what she’s dreaming about. I pulled out my wand, facing Taeyeon.

“Legilimens” I whispered quietly. I stared to see what Taeyeon was dreaming about. It was a giant squid and she was playing with it under the water. They were like best friends playing tag and swimming together. Here I was hoping she would be dreaming of me but to her a squid is more important.

“Taeyeon, you sure are interesting.” I took out my wand again and waved it over Taeyeon’s head.

“Now Taeyeon, you will start to fall in love with me.” I was just joking I would never use a spell of potion to make Taeyeon like me, even though it would be so easy. I want Taeyeon to really like me, I think she might like me now but I want her to say it to me. I was dazing, thinking about how to make Taeyeon tell me she likes me when all of a sudden I heard Taeyeon’s voice.

“Tippany” At first I thought I was dreaming or she was taking in her sleep but when I turned around her eyes met mine.

“Hehe, Hi Taetae!” I said scratching behind my head. I was kind of embarrassed that I was sitting right next to her as she slept. She probably thinks I’m really creepy.

“What are you doing her Tippany? Don’t you have Class?” Taeyeon asked me as she started to sit up from her lying position.

“Why? You don’t want me to be here, Taetae?” I asked teaser her a little bit.

“Ahh N-No that’s not it!” Taeyeon said fast not wanting me to think that.

“Good! Haha, Your cute Taetae.” I said to her leaning a little closer to her. Taeyeon cheeks turned bright red. I wanted to kiss her right then but Taeyeon turned her face away.

“My class got over early so I was walking around and when I came down here, to the boat house. I saw a really cute girl sleeping on the dock so I came over and sat next to her. The end. What are you doing out here Taetae?” I left out the part about following Taeyeon but I dont think it was very important, haha Taeyeon doesn’t have to know how creepy I really am. From my words Taeyeon checks started to get really red, I wanted to more, it gave me reassurance that Taeyeon might actually like me.

“Taetae, are you ok? Your face is really red. Here, let me feel your head.” I said pulling Taeyeons head to mine, instead of the normal way of using my hand fell her head, I made my forehead touch her forehead. I’m sure my face was also red from the closeness of our faces. Taeyeon closed her eyes tight as we stayed in that position, I couldn’t hold back anymore, I really wanted to kiss her. I stated to lean in little by little and I think Taeyeon might have known what I was trying to do cause she opened her eyes slowly, looking at my lips like I was doing to hers. I could feel her breath on my lips. We were so close, our lips only centimeters apart and then….  

“Taeyeon! Taeyeon where are you?” Sooyoung’s voice rang through the air. Both Taeyeon and I pulled way in a panic, we didn’t really think much around what Sooyoung had interrupted just a second ago but more now on where to hide.

“Quick Taetae, Hide!” I said in a whisper tone. But there was no place to hide, she couldn’t run up the stairs to the castle cause that’s the way Sooyoung was coming and there were no boats to hide in or any small areas. Sooyoung was getting closer really fast, still yelling Taeyeons name. I finally made a fast decision and jumped right into the dark, cold water. I didn’t want Taeyeon to lose her friends because they saw her with me. Over the week Taeyeon and I have been hanging out in secret, usually at the library. She told me all about how she never had a true friend and about her life at home.

I stayed under the water for couple minutes hoping Taeyeon would make Sooyoung leave, when I finally came up I saw that not only was Sooyoung gone but Taeyeon too, was gone.

“Ahhhh, I was so close!”  I yelled in frustration, slamming the water, I was so close to kissing Taeyeon but the stupid Sooyoung had to ruin everything.

 I got out of the water and right when I was thinking of heading to my common room to change cloths the bells rang over the school, signaling that it was time to head to our 2pm classes if you had them. That much be why Sooyoung was looking for Taeyeon, we were down her so long we missed lunch. Right now It was time to head to potions class, least I have that with Taeyeon.

I grabbed my wand placing it other my body.

“Exaresco” I said and all the water evaporated from my body leaving me as dry as I was before. I gathered my stuff and headed for potions class.

Taeyeon POV

I hope Tiffany is ok, I can’t believe she just dived right into the water. Ahhhh she is probably so cold and wet and how on earth is she going to make it to class on time. We got to the class early so I sat there in my potions seat worrying about Tiffany, but as I continued to worry my mind started to think more on what had happened before Sooyoung had come and interrupted us.

Oh my gosh, we almost kissed, I can’t believe it. We were so close but then Sooyoung just had to mess up everything. I must really like Tiffany is she makes me feel like that, I was so overwhelmed by the closeness of our faces I thought I might pass out but when we got closer and closer I just wanted to kiss her so bad.

“Taeyeon, you ok?”  Sooyoung asked breaking my daze.

“Yea I’m fine.” I said

Right before class started the door swung open reveling tiffany wearing the same close without a single drop of water other them. That girl is amazing with magic, she knows so much.

“Hi Taetae” Tiffany said to me, I gave her a fast smile and then hid it so Sooyoung didn’t see. In class tiffany tries to talk to me but Sooyoung always expects me to not respond. I don’t think Sooyoung realizes how much I like Tiffany and how bad I feel when I ignore her. All Sooyoung sees in Tiffany is a Slytherin, infact the worst Slytherin in the school.

Class started like normally but all I could think about was that almost kiss, I found it so embarrassing, now Tiffany must know that I like her. What if she doesn’t feel the same, I am so bad with feelings.

“Taeyeon, are you sure your ok? Your face is really red right now. Here, let me feel your head.” Sooyoung said to me as we started to place ingredients on the table. The words she used were just like what Tiffany said to me before she pulled my head so close to hers. I could feel my face becoming so red , it could blend into a fire truck.

“I could feel it if you want, Taetae.” Tiffany said to me, I couldn’t take it anymore. Thinking more and more about the almost kiss made me feel dizzy.

“N-No its ok!” I kind of yelled when standing up, knocking the chair over as I stood up.

“I’m just going to go to the nurse.” I said walking away, telling Professor Snape and leaving the room.

I spent the hour lying in a bed at the hospital wing, the nurse said that I was getting dizzy cause I didn’t eat or drink anything for lunch. But I knew the real reason. Lying there I thought about it more and more and my conclusion was that I should tell Tiffany that I like her. I’m just worried she will think I’m weird and not want to talk to me anymore. But she was the one that leaned into the kiss right, she started it, she has to like me.

I got up from the bed and made my way to my Flying Lessons class, I can’t tell Tiffany during that class cause of all the people in to but I should do it soon to get this weight off my chest.

As I got to the grass area I noticed Tiffany standing in the corner with her friend Jessica. When Tiffany saw me she gave me a worried look so I shot her a reassuring smile and walked over to my friends on the other side of the area.

“Hey Tae, you feeling better?” Yoona asked me.

“Yup, all better, I just didn’t eat and drink enough today. I’m fine now.” I said giving them a smile.

“OK class, now I would like everyone to get with their assigned partner.” The teacher said

“Madam Hooch, Can I please have another partner?” Tiffany’s friend, Jessica, asked.

“For the hundredth time no, Miss Jung, you have to stay with the partner that you have.”    Madam Hooch replied.

Jessica asks that same question every day, her and Yuri really don’t get along. Jessica is mean to everyone but Yuri is really nice. She said when people are cold to her it makes me mad and that’s why Yuri messes with Jessica.

I went to stand next to Tiffany and of course Sooyoung and Yoona had to follow, it’s starting to get really annoying I wanted to talk to Tiffany but no, they can’t leave me alone for one second. I don’t understand why this is so serious they need to follow me around.

“Its ok Soo, I think I can handle Tiffany on my own. You don’t need to follow.” I said stopping and turning to them.

“Taeyeon we can’t let Slytherin mess with us, we don’t know what Tiffany is planning. I’ll watch your back, no need to worry.” I just give up for the day, she is so weird.

I stand next to Tiffany, we don’t say anything cause Sooyoung and Yoona are right next to us.

“Ok, class we will have one partner fly while the other will watch out for the flyer.”

“You can go first, ok Taet.. Taeyeon?”Tiffany said to me, It’s always weird to hear her call me Taeyeon cause she usually calls me Taetae, I missed the Taetae during our classes.

Everyone that is set to fly starts rising into the air, we are told to not go to high but most student’s aren’t very good and they lose control like this one kid named Hoya. He was so excited to fly that his broom took off into the sky, we never saw him come down. I’m sure they found him at some point, I hope, but I haven’t seen him around since then.

I was slowly rising when all I hear is Jessica yelling and screaming at Yuri.

“Yuri, this isn’t funny, give me back my necklace! Right now!” Jessica yelled at Yuri. The teacher had left to inside the building.

Jessica kept yelling and I couldn’t take it anymore. I flew myself up to be were Yuri was.

“Come on Yuri, give it back.” I said to Yuri wanting the whole class to calm down.

“Tae, it’s just a little fun.” Yuri said to me. I know Yuri was just trying to have fun but it’s wasn’t funny this time with Jessica yelling so much.

“Yea, well funs over. So give it back to her.” I told her, I was getting nervous with everyone watching me.  

“Fine if you want it so bad, come and get it.” And with that said Yuri took off high into the sky with me following her every move, trying to keep up.

Tiffany POV

“Taeyeon, Stop!” I yelled but I don’t think she heard me, how is she going to keep up with Yuri, she just learned to fly last week. I can’t even look to see what’s happening, I keep thinking the worst.

I hear giggling from girls around me as they watch Taeyeon fly. I look and I’m amazed to see that Taeyeon is keeping up with Yuri and is almost right on top of her.

“Haha Taeyeon is so cute!” One of the girls to my right giggled.

What!? They are taking about my Taetae, MY TAETAE! Only I can think Taeyeon is cute!

“You should ask her out, Ujin!” What!!?? I can’t believe my ears. I can’t lose Taeyeon before I even get her.

I wanted to yell at Ujin telling her never to come near my Taeyeon but Sooyoung was still watching me. She would get suspicious. I’ll just have to watch out for these girls, I won’t let them come within ten miles of Taeyeon.

 The class started to cheer, I followed their eyes. It was Taeyeon she was heading back with Yuri close behind. Yuri was yelling at her to get back where she was, but Taeyeon quickly landed with a thud and ran up to Jessica, who was right next to me.

”Here you go Jessica.” Taeyeon said to her with a cute smile, presenting Jessica her necklace. That smile should only be for me, I pouted in my head.

“Thanks” Jessica mumbled waking away, I thought I saw her cheeks turn a shade of pink but it must have been my imagination. I’ve never seen Jessica blush before, she doesn’t like Taeyeon too, dose she?

Ahhhh, god! Why can’t you just make things simple for me, I about to have a breakdown when the large doors of the castle slammed open. It was professor McGonagall.

“Miss Kim, Miss Kwon, Follow me right this moment!” She yelled.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys like this chapter!

Did you guys see Taeyeons Instagram!! I check it like every second haha!! So amazing!