Breaking A Promise

First Year

 

Taeyeon POV 

I finally just sat down to relax after my long day but then Sooyoung texted me to meet everyone down stairs in the dining hall to have dinner. I left the common room and came to the Grand staircase. The staircase was another thing that shocked me when I first got to Hogwarts, it was so amazing how the staircase moved from place to place, I always get scared that I might fall as they move so I usually avoid taking them from floor to floor but the only way to get to and from the common room which is on the 7th was by using the floating stairs. I’m sure I will get used to them some day. The portraits on the walls of the grand staircase really catched my attention, they are like real people in the paintings, they move and talk to me as a make my way down. Magic sure is amazing, I feel like I’m in a dream.

The stair case I was on finally reached the final platform on the first floor. I walked off and to the right entering the Great Hall. Each row of benches and eating tables are assigned to houses, we don’t have to sit in those cretin rows but usually we do sit with our own house.  The room was packed with students chatting and eating, I guess I was late to the feast. All different types of food were covering the tables, half the stuff I didn’t even know what it was.

I looked over to the Gryffindor tables and all the way in the front of the large room I could see Sooyoung sticking up from the crowd of people, for once I’m thankful of how tall Sooyoung is.

I walked through the crowd of people reaching the table.

“Taeyeon!” Sooyoung yelled pulling me down to a seat at the table. I was sitting next to her with Yoona and Seohyun across the from me, Hyoyeon was also their sitting on the other side of Sooyoung.

“Where have you been!? What the heck did that Hwang girl do with you!? Are you ok!? Did she hurt you!?” Sooyoung just kept popping out questions one after the other.

“Breath, Sooyoung.” Seohyun said trying to calm Sooyoung down.

After Sooyoung calmed down a little I told a really brief description of how Tiffany got us lost and taught me how to fly.  

“Ha, that’s the most ridicules thing I have ever heard. Tiffany Hwang getting lost in Hogwarts, that’s impossible.” Sooyoung said in disbelief.

“Why do you say that Sooyoung?” Yoona asked

“Yea, she was definitely lost. She was pulling me in circles for about 30 minutes before we gave up trying to find the class.” I said

“She must have been lying to you Taeyeon, she would have never gotten lost here. That Tiffany is the one and only Tiffany Hwang.” Sooyoung said, I think she thought we would suddenly understand what she was trying to say but none of us understood.

“I still don’t understand, Sooyoung. What is so special about her?” I asked

“Wow, don’t you guys know anything about this school. Tiffany Hwang of Slytherin is the coldest and scariest person in Hogwarts, messing with her is like a death sentence. Not even other Slytherins dare mess with her. Her and her friend Jessica basically do whatever they want, even teacher are scared to say anything and on top of that scary image, she is also the niece of the Headmaster of this school. She grew up in this school after her parents sent her to live with her uncle. She knows every inch of this school, every room, every secret passage, and certainly every class location. It makes no sense that she could not find that class.”

“The Tiffany I talked to was really nice, she didn’t seem mean or cold at all.” I said with a low voice. It was kind of hard taking in everything Sooyoung was saying after spending the day with Tiffany being so nice.

“Look there she is.” Hyoyeon said in a whisper, we all turned our head to follow Hyoyeon’s glaze.

Yup it was indeed Tiffany, she was walking down the aisle between the Ravenclaw and Slytherin tables and everyone was moving out of the way, letting her pass. Another really pretty girl was following Tiffany, I think it was the girl Sooyoung was talking about, Jessica.

They sat at the corner of the Slytherin table, I could see them perfectly behind Yoona and Seohyun.

I was looking as Tiffany and suddenly she looked up, our eyes meet. I wanted to turn away as my checks started to heat up but her amazing eyes hypnotized me yet again.

“Taeyeon? Taeyeon!” Sooyoung’s voice broke me out of my trance.

“hmmm?” I said looking at Sooyoung

“Taeyeon, you need to stay away from her? She’s not a good person. I don’t know why she’s being nice to you but it can’t be for a good reason. Ok Taeyeon? Trust me and please stay away from her.”

I didn’t know what to do. Sooyoung is my closest friend here and I do trust her but I really enjoyed my time with Tiffany. I just did what I thought would be the best for my new friends.

“Ok ill stay away from her but it is kind of hard because she’s my partner in potions now.”   

“Well just don’t get too close, we don’t know what she’s planning. Promise” Sooyoung said

“O-Ok yea, I promise.”

After we all finished eating we got up from the table and headed out, as I was leaving I looked one last time to where Tiffany was sitting. When she started to look my way I quickly looked away. It’s going to be hard to stay away from her but I will have to try.

We got to the common room after separating from Seohyun who went back to the Ravenclaw common room, and we turned in for the night. My mind was still a mess when it came to thinking about what to do with Tiffany.

The week pasted really fast and I didn’t have to worry a lot about avoiding tiffany, Sooyoung attached herself to me making sure Tiffany never came close.  During potions there was an odd amount of students so Sooyoung was placed in mine and Tiffany’s group, Sooyoung kept me preoccupied and interrupted Tiffany every time she would talk to me. I felt bad because Tiffany would just sit there and pout, I wonder why she didn’t do anything mean to Sooyoung like the first day.   

In flying class we didn’t need our partners this week cause we were just studying rules, by both me and Tiffany miss the first class we became partners. Yoona and Sooyoung were partners and they stood on either side of me. I didn’t want to avoid Tiffany but with my friends keeping an eye on me it wasn’t really an option to say sorry to her.

Class had just got out, but I had left some of my papers in the potions class so I was now walking down the hall way to get to the classroom. When I got there I was really surprised, my papers were nowhere to be found. Ahhhh how am I going to study without my papers? I gave up looking after for 10 minutes and started to head back to the common room where Sooyoung and Yoona were waiting.

When I walked out of the potions room, it felt like the hallway was way darker then when I was walking into the classroom. I started to get really scared, I walked down the hallway with my wand in my hand, I didn’t really know that many spells yet but it made me feel safer with the wand in my hand. I heard a door open but I wasn’t sure if it was in front or behind me so I stared to walk faster. I was only 15 feet from the stairs to the Grand staircase when I suddenly felt a hand grab and pull me backwards. Out of fear I started to throw punches and kicks at whatever was pulling me.

“Bam” My back hit the wall hard enough to make me feel pain for a second, I tried to fight but the attacker got my hands pinned to the wall behind me.

“Hey, calm down” The person said but I was so freaked out, I couldn’t see anything in the room cause it was pitch black.

“L-Let go!” I yelled

“Calm down, Taetae.” What?! Taetae? No way is this who I think it is?

“Tippany?” I asked as I tried to calm down but without knowing for sure it was Tiffany I can’t calm down.

“Yea, it’s me Tiffany.” My eyes finally adjusted to the darkness of the room. Tiffany’s face was really close to mine, so very close. My whole body started to heat up.

“Y-You can l-let go now.” I stuttered as I tried to move my hands which were pinned to the wall by her hands. Why does she make me feel this way, I don’t understand. I can’t possibly like her can I? I don’t even know her or anything about her other than what Sooyoung said.

“But then you might run away” She said as she moved her face closer to mine. It was so close, she lips were so close to mine. My heart was thumping so hard I thought it would pop out of my chest. It was getting so hot and I was getting so overwhelmed by having her so close. I didn’t know what to do.

“T-Too c-close.” I said so weakly but I was all I could do.

Thankfully Tiffany moved her face back to its original distance which was still close but not too close to where I thought I would pass out.

When pulling back I could see the hurt in Tiffany’s eyes but she hid it quickly. Finally she let go of my hands and backed away completely.

“Lumos” Tiffany said filling the room with light, it was a small closet with potion ingredients organized on selves. There were two small chairs in the room and Tiffany sat on one once she had backed away. After regaining my composer I sat on the chair across from her.  

“Is there a reason you pulled me into this very elegant closet, Tippany?” I said jokingly, shoting her a dorky smile.

Tiffany didn’t look very amused at what I said, she just looked at me seriously.

“Have you been avoiding me, Taetae?” Tiffany said looking straight into my eyes. I didn’t say anything, I didn’t know what to say. I avoided eye contact with her. I forgot that I was avoiding her the moment that she stated to talk to me.

“Did your friends make you avoid me or do you really not like me?” She asked

“Of course I like you Tippany.” I said. I think I like you a lot more than I should.

Tiffany stayed quiet, this time just looking at the floor. I’m pretty sure she cheeks were turning a light shade of pink.

“Tippany, did you lie to me? Did you know where the flying class was and just pretended to get lost?”

She shook she head yes, still looking at the floor.    

“Why?” I asked. Why would she do that? I’m so lost, did she just not feel like going to class that day.

“Just because.” She said not giving me an answer, I stood up to leave. If she didn’t want to give me an answer then fine.

I was about to leave and she grabbed my arm to stop me.

“Because I wanted to spend time alone with you.” She very quietly but I heard her. My face was blushing so much, I couldn’t even look at Tiffany. Does she like me too?

“Oh” I said, we were both too embarrassed to move to look at each other so we just stood like that but after a couple minutes I remembered that Sooyoung was waiting for me upstairs.

“Tippany, my friends said I can’t talked to you or see you. I don’t want to avoid you but around them it’s my only option.” I’m so confused, Tiffany is definitely not the mean person they say she is but I don’t think Sooyoung will even think about whether or not that’s true.

“I see.” She said with a very sad tone to her voice.

“But I want to spend time with you Tippany, you’re my friend too.” I said turning around to look at her.

“So it doesn’t sound like the greatest thing to do but I guess we will just have to sneak around to spend time together. And I’ll try and get Sooyoung to lay off a little bit in potions too. Deal?” I said, I’m sorry Sooyoung but I think I’m going to have to break that promise.

“Haha, Deal” Tiffany giggled taking my hand and shaking on the deal we just made. 

Just from her hand touching mine I felt butterflys in my stomach.

How do you do this to me Tiffany Hwang?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this chapter was ok :)

Im trying to put other couples in too but for right now im working mostly on Taeny. I might make the next chapter about other couples. 

Im kind of winging this story so I dont have a plan right now,  I just sit and write.

Thank you to everyone that has subscribed, your really modivating me to write :D