First Day

First Year

 

Taeyeon POV

“Why is this place so big?!” I said while walking down the giant stone hallway, if only I hadn’t been spacing out so much as I was looking at the great rooms. The first years were suppose to follow the second years to the house common room but I guess I was too dazed by the amazing structures around me. When I had finally finished looking at the breath taking ceiling in the dining hall everyone was gone. Now here I am just wondering around looking for anything that would lead me to the Gryffindor common room, I haven’t seen anyone and I’m starting to think that I might never make it back.

“ahhhhhhhhhh” I yell in frustration and sit on the ground right where I was standing. I’m so done, I’m never going to get to the common room, and I’m probably going to die right here. My body will just lay here and no one will ever find me. Just as I was about to give up all hope I heard footsteps, they got close really fast and as I sat up there was a figure already in front of me.

“What on earth are you doing in this hallway?! All first years should be in their dorms, not wondering the hallways. Explain yourself right now!” The woman yelled. She was really scary I remember her from when we were being sorted into our houses, I think her name was Mrs. McGonagall.

“I…I’m lost” I said very shaken. I’m not used to being yelled at, and it’s not like this was my fault, this school is just too big, I’m just happy I didn’t die from thirst.

“I will let this one go but next time do what you are told and stay with the group. Now what is your name and house? I will bring you there just this once.” She said this with a much calmer tone, I guess she saw that I was scared.

“My name is Kim Taeyeon and my house is Gryffindor, Mam.” I finally stood up from my seated position, followed as she stated to walk down the hallway. She didn’t say anything but I’m guessing she wanted me to follow her. We walked a long time, I’m surprised I had wandered so far away.

Finally she stopped when we reached a portrait of a rather large woman. It really startled me when it started to move, I guess in not really used to all this magic stuff.

“Wattlebird” she said and then the painting started to move revealing a door way. I followed her through and it open to lots of people standing around as the Gryffindor Leader was explaining things. There was a large fire place lit that cover a whole wall, it made the room very warm.

 “Hello everyone, this is miss Kim Taeyeon, who I found roaming the halls. Please keep a good eye on this one.” With that Mrs. McGonagall left.

I was so embarrassed that she had just told them about me woandering the hallways. I could feel my face getting as red as a tomato. Everyone was just staring at me even after Mrs. McGonagall was gone, most of them just stared and a lot of the girls were giggling. I hear them say something about someone being cute. I had no idea what they were talking about. So i just turn away trying to stop them from staring at me. 

“Ok everyone let’s get back to the rules!” The Gryffindor Leader said, I was really thankful because everyone stopped staring at me and turned back to the way they were before. Every now and then I would see the same girls looking at me. I wonder why, did I have something on my face?

After the rules were all explained we got to go to our rooms and turn in for the night, all the girls went to their rooms first. Since everyone chooses their beds when they first got to the common I was stuck with the one bed left. It was next to the window so I was happy.

 “Hey there” I heard someone say, I looking over and the person in the bed next to mine is looking at me.

“Hi” I said

“I’m Yoona. Nice to meet you!” she said as she extended her hand to me.

“I’m Taeyeon. Nice to meet you too, Yoona” I said as I took and shook her hand.

  “Haha, I think everyone here knows who you are from that little scene down in the common room.”

“Oh hehe, I guess so.” I felt my checks start to turn red again, with all the excitement of getting to unpack and see the dorm I forgot about the embarrassing scene.

Yoona and I talked for a long time that night and I got to know a lot about her family and her life back in the non-magic world. Her life sounded nice, her family sounded like a lot of fun. She even told me about her friend Seohyun that also got into Hogwarts but she was sent to Ravenclaw. She told me she would have me meet her tomorrow. Meeting Yoona was probably the best thing that happened all day, now I won’t have to be alone all the time like my other school.

I didn’t tell Yoona much about my life in the non-magic world not because I didn’t want to but because there just wasn’t much to say. I’m from a rich family but it doesn’t really mean much when your parents are gone all the time. I didn’t even know I was a wizard until I got a letter in the mail telling me I was accepted into Hogwarts. At first I thought it was a joke but when I called my parents they explained everything to me. My life at school wasn’t interesting ether, I didn’t have any close friends cause all the people at my school only wanted to be my friend because I was rich. I spent most of my time at school alone.

Before we knew it everyone was asleep so we decided to turn in too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Next Day 

When I woke up Yoona was already gone, I guess she forgot about taking me to meet her friend.  I got out of bed and started to get changed into my new Gryffindor robe. Then I just stood there. I don’t really know what to do. Today is a free day for everyone to figure out where their classed will be and for people to finish unpacking.

 

 

“Oh you’re up! Yay! Let’s go!” It was Yoona’s voice, I jumped in surprise.

 

“Go where?”

 

“To meet my friend of course!” She said latching onto my arm and pulling me out of the room. I guess she didn’t forget. It made me happy that she was waiting for me, she might actually want to be my friend, it’s a first for me but that would be embarrassing if I told her that and I think I’ve embarrassed myself enough for the whole school year.

 

“She said she would be in the library.” Yoona said as she kept pulling me the whole way. After waking around for 20 minutes we finally found the library. But when walking in I could sense that there was more walking to do. The library was so huge, I was shocked. I wanted to pass out right then. I could see Yoona was shocked at the size too.

 

“What are we going to do?! This library is so big!” I said to Yoona.

 

“Hmmm, let’s just yell her name and hope she comes to us.” We were both about to yell when we heard footsteps coming from the side of us. I think we both felt some kind of joy thinking it was Seohyun but when we looked over it was the librarian.

 

“Well there goes our plan to yell. If we do that with the librarian in here we are sure to get in trouble.”  I said

 

“I guess we are just going to have to split up, you take that first floor and I’ll take the second floor. I meet back here in 20 minutes. Ok?”

 

“Ok, let’s go” I said walking off into the row of books as Yoona stated to head for the stairs. I know what Seohyun looks like from the pictures Yoona showed me last night, hopefully we will find her soon but I guess I have nothing better to do today. The library is really amazing, I am really annoyed at how large it is but in a way the large amount of shelf’s full of books is really beautiful. I can’t wait to spend a lot of time in here. 

 

 

 

I started to walk around staring at all of the books, there were many different kinds of books like A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration, Basic Hexes for the busy and vexed, Important Modern Magical Discoveries, Invisible Book of Invisibility, and many more. I wanted to read them all right now and learn as much as I can. Lots of the kids in this school have known about Magic their whole lives but not me. I have so much to catch up one in such a short time. I completely forgot about finding Seohyun as a picked up book after book, reading a little from each and looking at the pictures. I realized that I had been looking at the books for too long and that I was 10 minutes over the time Yoona wanted to meet so I quickly shoved the book back into the self and started to jog to the front of the library. As I jogged I was looking to my side at the books and then……

BAM!

 

I hit someone really hard and falling forward, catching myself with my arms pushing my body up above the person.

 

“What the H…” The person started to scream but she suddenly stopped, I started to wonder why.

 

I finally got over the shock and fall and started to open my eyes only to catch my breath, my eyes were met with the prettiest and softest eyes I had ever seen, the shape of them made them look as if they were smiling at me. They were so hypnotizing, I didn’t want to look away but I was curious of what the rest of her beautiful face looked like so my eyes started to trail down her pale skin to her lips, her perfect jaw, her neck. I focused my eyes to see her whole face. She was just staring at me, her eyes roaming my face like I had just done seconds ago to hers. Her face was a deep shade of pink, the more I looked at her, the darker it got. I don’t know how long we where there just staring at each other but suddenly I remembered that that Yoona was waiting for me. I started to move to get off her, the action seemed to bring her back out of her daze.

 

“I am so sorry.” I said as I got up, “I wasn’t looking were I was going. I’m sorry.” I said as I offered my hand to help her up. 

 

 She took my hand and started to stand up, I tried to ignore all the butterflies that came alive in my stomach from just touching her hand. My heart started to beat so fast I thought I was going to have a heart attack. She still didn’t say anything, I wanted to hear what her voice sounded like but she was still not saying anything or showing any emotion in her face.  I was starting to get worried what she was really mad.

 

“Are you ok?” I asked “I’m really sorry, I hope I didn’t hurt you.”

 

She cheeks started to turn deep pink again, as she avoided my gaze. I don’t get it why isn’t she talking. I think I’m just going to give up, I need to get back to Yoona. She is going to kill me because I’m so late.

 

“Well I have to go, I’m in a hurry. Once again I’m really sorry.” I started to turn away and leave to the front of the library but I felt a hand land on my wrist pulling my back. Butterflies filled my stomach again as I turned to see those beautiful eyes of this mysterious girl.

 

“Your name?” she asked staring at me right in the eyes, it stated to make me a little nervous.

 

“Uhhh K-Kim Taeyeon” I said with a little stutter. It seems she finally got over the shock of me ramming her over.

 

“I’m Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang” She said showing me the most breathtaking smile never taking her hand off my wrist. Her smile caused me to smile and we just stayed standing like that, smiling at each other.

 

Then a girls voice was heard over the library, she sounded angry and really annoyed.

 

“Tiffany! Tiffany where are you?!!!”

 

“Ah I’ve got to go, I’ll see you around, Taeyeon” She said sending a wink my way and leaving, walking farther into the library. I was jumping for joy in my head, I’ve never felt this way about some.

 

After watching her leave I walk to the front of the library doing a couple dorky jumps of joy on my way. When I get to the front I’m surprised cause there is no Yoona or Seohyun in sight even though its 30 minutes past the time we were supposed to be here. I stand there for a couple of minutes when all of a sudden Yoona appears with Seohyun in pull.

 

“Sorry Taeyeon! Did you wait long? We got lost on the way back to the front of the library.” Yoona said

 

“Haha its fine, I didn’t wait long. Now where should we go next?”

 

After leaving the library behind us we walked to the dining hall to get some food. Yoona introduced me to Seohyun and it turns out we get along really well. But even thought I had Yoona and Seohyun there to entertain me my mind kept thinking about the girl I had just met in the library. I wonder if I will get to see her again. It is a big school, the chances are small. I didn’t even look at her robe to see what house she was in. Ahhhh stupid Taeyeon, I yelled in my head.

 

My First Year is definitely going to be interesting with that Tiffany Hwang around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Thanks everyone who has subscribed, It means a lot to me! Thank you so much! : )

First time writing a fanfiction so the start might not be very good, sorry