Chapter 34.

I.. Introduced the wrong girl?!

Sooyoung sighed as she hopped off the van. She just came home from New York and now she has to go SBS to film Strong Heart--alone. She walked inside the building, resising the urge to rub her eyes as coordinator unnie had just done her make-up, bowing towards every senior she would meet, greeting every hoobae and wishing someone would give her food.

"Sooyoung-sshi, this way please," one of the staff said, directing Sooyoung towards the set. She followed and sat down on a chair on the second row, waiting for the show to start. 

"Oh, I'm hungry.." She whispered as she pouted and looked down. 

"Yah," Someone called out. Sooyoung raised her head and saw Jonghyun sitting infront of her. Her eyes widened in surprise. "What are you doing here?" 

"I don't know," Jonghyun shrugged. "Perhaps I'm here to do a radio broadcast?" 

"Aish," Sooyoung kicked his chair. "Sarcastic idiot." She muttered as she looked away.

"We're starting in three.. two.. one.." The director called out. 

The cameras started rolling and the audience started clapping. Lee Seung Gi greeted everyone and started introducing the guests. "They have just finished their promotions for 'Sherlock'," Seung Gi announced. "Let us all give a big hand for SHINee's Jonghyun and Taemin!" 

The audience cheered, and the guests clapped along. Jonghyun and Taemin bowed and greeted everyone.

"First of all, congratulations on your successful promotions," Lee Seung Gi said. "Also, you have just come from New York after the very successful SM Town concert, right?" He asked. Taemin and Jonghyun nodded. "Congratulations!" 

The both of them bowed in gratitude.

"Now, speaking of SM Town concert, I've heard that Sooyoung-sshi had a special number?" Lee Seung Gi asked, turning towards Sooyoung.

"Ah, neh." Sooyoung answered. "It was actually my solo performance for Seo Nyeo Shi Dae's concert, but some of the fans loved it and so the company decided to include it along with other special performances." 

"I see.. This was performed with Taemin-sshi, right?"

"Neh." Both Sooyoung and Taemin answered. "Actually, I have a different dance parter for that dance routine, but since my dance partner is currently outside the country for a contest, Taemin learned the dance and replaced him temporarily."

"Uhm, would it be okay if we have the both of you dance it here? Right now?" 

Sooyoung and Taemin exchanged glances. "Ah, n-neh. Of course." Sooyoung stood up from her chair and got down. Taemin did the same and walked towards the center of the stage. 

The both of them started dancing the second half of the song, and when they finished, the audience went wild. The guests too were clapping and cheering. 

Sooyoung and Taemin bowed and returned to their seats, slightly panting and sweating. 

"Wow, that was really amazing, congratulations."

"Ah, Kamsahamnida." Sooyoung and Taemin said in unison. 

"But I wanna know how Jonghyun-sshi feels while watching the performance?" Lee Seung Gi suddenly asked, looking at Jonghyun.

"N-neh?" Jonghyun answered, surprised. 

"As everyone knows, these two--Sooyoung and Jonghyun--have announced their relationship publicly. So I wanna know how you feel while watching Sooyoung dance like that with Taemin?"

"You should've seen his face back in New York." Leeteuk suddenly said. "He was asking Onew why Sooyoung and Taemin were dancing and his eyes were wide the whole time."

"Ah, hyungnim!" Jonghyun exclaimed, flustered. "I-it's just that I still see Taemin as a baby and seeing him dance something so y surprised me." 

The crowd laughed, but clearly did not believe Jonghyun.

"Aigoo, whatever you say, Jonghyun-sshi." Lee Seung Gi chuckled. "As I have said, the both of you announced your relationship in public now, right? How are the fans dealing with this? How are you dealing with this?"

I thought we were in Stong Heart? Why the sudden interview? Sooyoung thought.

"W-well, uhm.. Some fans were angry of course.." Sooyoung answered calmly. "There was even a time when a fan tried to throw an egg at me but.." She said and looked towards Jonghyun. "But Jonghyun here was the one who got it since he protected me."

The audience can now be heard saying "Aww.." and some were clapping softly.

"And uhm.. It's nice to know that most of the fans are supportive," Sooyoung nodded as she explained. "There was even a time during the concert, some of the fans held up fans with 'JongSoo' written on it." 

"JongSoo? Ahh, they combined both your names?" 

"Neh." Sooyoung nodded.

"How about a game?" Shindong suddenly chirped in.

Everyone looked at him. "Let's have the both of them look one another straight in the eyes and say three things they love about each other." 

"N-NEH?!" Sooyoung and Jonghyun almost shouted. 

"What do you think?" Shindong asked, looking at the audience and the guests, as if asking for support. Everyone started cheering this time. 

"Okay, then." Lee Seung Gi happily agreed. "Sooyoung-sshi? Jonghyun-sshi?" 

"B-but--" Sooyoung panicked. "W-we don't have much time left." She chuckled nervously.

"Aigoo, you don't have to worry about that," Eunhyuk said. "Everyone's waiting to hear what the both of you have to say anyway."

"That's right!" Almost everyone shouted.

"But.." Sooyoung sighed in defeat. 

"Jonghyun-sshi?" Lee Seung Gi called out. 

"N-neh.." Jonghyun turned his chair around so he was facing Sooyoung. Sooyoung looked away, not knowing what to do. Jonghyun took a deep breath and raised his head. "Yah," He called. 

Everyone chuckled as they heard how Jonghyun called his girlfriend. 

"Yah look at me," Jonghyun said. "Just pretend as if no one's around." 

"B-bwoh?" Sooyoung asked, accidentally meeting Jonghyun's gaze. Jonghyun did not need to speak anymore for her to understand. She instantly just looked at Jonghyun and everyone slowly disappeared around them.

"One  of the three things I love most about you.." Jonghyun started.