Chapter 29.

I.. Introduced the wrong girl?!

A/N: Thank you to those who understood the situation. And more importantly, thank you for your words of encouragement. I hope you enjoy this chapter~! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun's POV

None of us spoke. We all stood there, dumbfounded. 

Well except Onew hyung, of course. He immediately greeted her with a smile and bowed. She smiled back at him. And then turned to me.

"You look like you saw a ghost." She teased. 

I immediately straightened up. "What are you doing here?" I scoffed.

Onew hyung shot me a glare, and not just an ordinary glare if you ask me. More of like a "respect-your-senior" glare.

Sooyoung simply shrugged. "I was going to meet Taeyeon and the others but.." She stopped. I raised an eyebrow.

"But?" 

But she didn't listen to me. She turned her attention to Key. "Uhm.. Key?" She asked and bat her eyelashes.

"N-neh, n-noona?" Key asked. I turned to him. It was one of those rare moments you see him stutter. With a small smirk plastered on my face, I took my phone out. There's no way in hell I'm going to miss the opportunity to take a video of this.

"Would you mind if I borrow your Jonghyun-hyung for a while?" She asked.

I came to a screeching halt. "WHAT?" I shouted. "Are you crazy? Why? No!" 

Onew hyung frowned. I bit my lip. Okay, it's really heartbreaking to see Onew hyung frown. And when he did, whatever it is I did to make him frown, I'd stop doing.

I suddenly felt someone push be from behind (probably Key), and Onew hyung -- with his super-ultra-mega-fast reflexes -- dodged me and moved aside.

..shoving me directly into Sooyoung's arms.

Okay, I don't know what surprised me more. The fact that Onew hyung was able to avoid disaster, or the fact that Sooyoung managed to hold me and not fall back (she did stumble though). 

We both looked at each other, both blinking twice or thrice before finally understanding what had happened. We immediately pulled away from each other. I cleared my throat and moved away from her as she straightened her clothes.

"Okay, noona!" I heard Key shout. "You can have him. Whenever, wherever!" 

"YAH!" I shouted and glared at Key. "What do you think--"

I was cut off when Sooyoung grabbed my arm and pulled me out and away from the shop. I could see Minho with who frowned, and turned his back on us. Maybe he didn't find a bag or whatever it is he was looking for? 

"MINHO-YA!!" I shouted loud enough for him to hear. "I'M SORRY!! LET'S GO SHOPPING NEXT TIME!!" 

As soon as we were away from the shop, Sooyoung let my arm go. 

"You," She blurted out. "Are heavy." She finally said as she straightened up.

I shifted my weight and crossed my arms. "Oh yeah? Must be 'cause of my muscles." I smirked.

Her face scrunched up. "Ew, no." She said and flipped her hair behind her shoulders, which, if I may say, is really y.

Okay, that goes for all girls. Not only for Sooyoung. Don't get me wrong.

"Minho's body is better." She countered. "He's taller." 

That slightly pissed me off. "Okay, so what do you need? Why'd you get me out of there? I have shopping to do."

She cleared and looked away. "Do you have uhm... money.. with you?"

I raised my eyebrows. I took out my wallet and checked.

 Manager hyung gave all of us exchanged pocket money incase we needed them. And I have my credit cards with me, too. I sighed and started to take out the money. "If you wanted to borrow money you should've just--"

She grabbed my arm (again), and started pulling me somewhere. "Yah," I said. "Stop with the pulling!"

She didn't listen and continued. Some people figured out who we were and started taking pictures.

Oh great. Now I'm going to look like a sissy-boy-being-dragged-by-his-oh-so-manly-girlfriend-to-wherever-in-hell-this-is. 

We stopped infront of a restaurant. "Look, if you're going to eat, do it yourself, don't drag me--yahh!" I shouted as she started to pull me again.

FOR A WOMAN SO SMALL (I mean uhm.. Thin. Not small.) SHE SURE IS STRONG.

We sat down, and a waiter approached us. I slumped down my seat, not even touching the menu in front of me.

"What do you want to eat?" Sooyoung asked so casually.

I don't know, are you going to pay?

"Whatever." I answered. I brought ot my phone to check on Sekyung, just as Sooyoung had finished ordering. 

I played with my phone until the food came. Awkward silence had enveloped the restaurant as Sooyoung ate her food. I finished up mine easily, not knowing why since I wasn't really hungry. 

I stared at Sooyoung blankly. How could she eat like she hasn't eaten for years and yet keep her body.. uhm.. thin? It's seriously amazing weird how she does this.

I noticed she was wearing the "our" couple ring, which kind of made me happy inside.

I do not like her, don't get me wrong.

I was wearing mine too. No, I didn't wear it by myself. Onew hyung nagged me and told me I should wear this to at least make my relationship with Sooyoung more "realistic".

Sooyoung finished eating.

Wait, I was staring that long? 

Nah, she just probably ate fast.

She called the waiter for our bill, and I felt my phone vibrate. YES! Sekyung replied. I took my phone out and started to read the message. And then I frowned.

Just finished work. Off to rest first. Love you.

I sighed. Okay, now I felt really bad. She's always like this. Every. Single. Day. Of. My. Life. I always have to be the one to check on her. I always have to be the one to push my schedules aside to spend time on her. I always have to be the one to give her surprise visits. I always have to be the one to first text her words of encouragement.

And honestly? I'm getting tired. So, so tired.

The waiter came back and handed our bill. I absent-mindedly put the money and stood up, reaching out my hand to Sooyoung. "Let's go," I whispered. 

She started at me for five seconds before grabbing my hand and standing up. But just as we were about to leave, the waiter called us in Korean?

He's korean? Korean-American? 

"Sir, your receipt." He said.

I tilted my head. I don't need the receipt. But I shrugged it off and reached out to get the receipt when he handed it to Sooyoung with a wink.

OH NO. YOU DID NOT JUST WINK ON HER.

Sooyoung chuckled and looked at the receipt which showed probably the waiter's name and contact number.

Okay, so now you're hitting on my fake girlfriend? 

Not when I'm pissed off.

I cleared my throat and stood in front of Sooyoung so I was blocking their view of one another. And without any other words, intertwined my fingers with hers, and brought our hands up right infront of the waiter's face -- showing our couple rings.

Clearly, he got the point. He frowned and slightly bowed as a sign of respect before turning his back on us.

Checkmate, .