What's in There?

Fix You

“Those should be the last boxes,” Mr. Kim smiled. “Put them in the cold storage, and lock up when you’re done.” He handed the keys to Tao, while Baekhyun picked up a box full of frozen chicken. Tao put the keys in his pocket and picked up another box, full of jars of assorted preserved vegetables.

 

They walked around to the outside of the school and to the cold storage room. “Here, get the keys,” Tao said, as Baekhyun set his box down in front of the door. Baekhyun obeyed and took the keys from Tao, and opened the door. The door opened, and they were immediately blasted with cold air. It was especially cold because they didn’t change out of their t-shirts and shorts from gym class. It was their punishment for being late for physics.

 

Tao went in first and placed his box down with the other boxes of preserved veggies. Baekhyun picked up his box and followed. He surveyed the room, but couldn’t find the other boxes of chicken. “Hey Tao, can you help me find the chicken?”

 

Suddenly he heard the click of the lock behind him. Baekhyun set his box down and ran to the door, jiggling the bar. “Tao!” he yelled. There was no response. He tried over and over again, but the door wouldn’t budge.

 

He shivered. He felt his body getting colder and colder. “Somebody! Help me!” He screamed, pushing the door and making as much noise as possible. Baekhyun looked at his watch. It was 4:30. Most students would either be studying inside the school or at home. No one would be outside at this time. Baekhyun slumped against the door and sighed.

 

I can’t give up, he thought. Maybe there is a way to get out. I’m going to die if I stay here...

 

Baekhyun walked backwards until he was a good distance from the door. Then he ran full speed towards the door, slamming his body against the bar and the door. He felt a stinging pain in his shoulder, but he ignored it. He repeated the action over and over, until he was sweating.

 

Baekhyun’s breath hung in the air, puffs of white as he panted. The fact that he was sweating made things worse. His skin was freezing now that it had been dampened. Unfortunately the door didn’t budge, and all his efforts were in vain. Baekhyun’s knees buckled as he fell to the floor.

 

What do I do now?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Chanyeol was wandering aimlessly like he usually did after class, occasionally going to the convience store and buying a drink. Somehow, he managed to wander back to the school, around to the side where the cold storage room was. Suddenly he heard a loud bang from inside the cold storage.

 

Chanyeol eyed the room in suspicion before walking away. Probably a box falling down or something, he thought to himself. He walked along the edge of the building, when Tao almost walked straight into him. “Watch where you’re going,” Tao muttered angrily.

 

Chanyeol frowned in confusion. He watched as Tao stood in front of the cold storage with a nervous and anxious expression, as if he was deciding whether or not to go in. After some serious consideration, Tao walked away angrily.

 

Chanyeol walked back to the cold storage and started at the door. There were no more noises coming from inside. However, he was curious as to why Tao looked so nervous. The usually cold hearted son of the chief of police rarely showed emotions. In the four years that Chanyeol knew Tao, he had never seen him smile.

 

Finally, after about another half hour of wandering, Chanyeol decided to go in and see what Tao was so upset over. He took a small pocketknife and a pick out of his pocket. He worked them into the keyhole, expertly pushing each knob upwards until he was able to twist the doorknob. He had picked up this skill while he robbed stores with Kai and Sehun.

 

This process only took him about a minute. Chanyeol pushed the door open, blinking in surprise when he saw a boy lying on the ground, a thin layer of frost beginning to spread over his body. Chanyeol recognized him as the guy who sat beside him in math. Baekhyun, was it? Chanyeol kneeled down and checked his breathing, sighing in relief to see the rise and fall of Baekhyun’s chest. Next, Chanyeol checked his pulse. It was there, but barely. It was probably cause the cold had gotten to him. Chanyeol paused to wonder what they kept in this room that they would need it to be so cold.

 

Chanyeol took his jacket off and wrapped it around Baekhyun, and picked him up. He was surprisingly light, and very small. He hoisted him up onto his back, piggybacking him, and ran. Luckily his house wasn’t too far from the school.

 

How did he get in there? Chanyeol wondered. Did Tao have anything to do with it? No, Tao is a good person. He would never do something like that. Chanyeol felt the boy stir on his back, shifting slightly. Chanyeol looked back at the head bobbing on his shoulder but didn’t see his eyes open.

 

Chanyeol arrived at his house, a small, one floor home with one bedroom, on kitchen, and one washroom. He didn’t mind that it was small, because it wasn’t as lonely. Besides, he had his loyal canine companion, Max, to keep him company.

 

Max, a German Shepherd, had been with Chanyeol since he was a puppy. Chanyeol found him on a cold rainy night, abandoned and injured in a box on the side of the street. Chanyeol took him home, and they helped each other through the years. Max had a scar on his side, a light pink against his short black fur. His ears twitched as his owner came through the door, and he greeted Chanyeol by running up to him. "Hey Max," Chanyeol said, a little out of breath. "I'll feed you later, hold on a sec."

 

Chanyeol moved past Max, who followed, and headed to the washroom. He stripped the boy of his T-shirt and shorts, leaving his boxers on and placed him in the bathtub. Then he turned the water onto hot, turning it off after the boy was mostly submerged. Chanyeol placed a clean towel on the counter. Going to his room, or the only bedroom the house had, he looked through his closet for the smallest clothes he could find, which was an old hoodie, t-shirt, and calf length pants. He grabbed it all and placed it on the counter.

 

Then, he waited.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Oh look a double update :D Enjoy :D

(Actually I had written this chapter before I finished the previous one haha OTL)